Attending the Shareholder Meeting

Started by dagobert, October 09, 2009, 08:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Has anyone here already attended a Shareholder Meeting of Euro Disney SCA? I'm a shareholder and I'm interested in attending the next one, so I have some questions.

What do I have to do to attend it? Do I get an invitation on which I have to reply that I'm coming. Or do I just have to show my Shareholder's Club Card at the entrance?

Maybe someone on the Forum can tell me how it all works.

Thank you very much.

Anthony

Good question. As useless as ever, I can only tell you that it's not as simple as just showing up with your card.

There's lots of info here, though I'm finding it hard to understand:
http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/sh ... tion.xhtml

QuoteHow can I attend the General Meeting?

- If you hold your shares on a bearer form:                          

We invite you to contact your financial intermediary or the manager of your share account that will draw up a certificate proving your identity and your position as a shareholder (the "participation certificate") and then send it to BNP Paribas Securities Services - Service Assemblée.

- If you hold your shares on a registered form (through BNP Paribas Securities Services):                        

BNP Paribas Securities Services - Service Assemblée will send you directly your convocation to the General Meeting with the unique form on which you can choose between voting by proxy, voting by mail or requesting an admission card. You only have to complete the form by selecting the "admission card request"  box and send it back to BNP Paribas Securities Services - Service Assemblée. Then, the admission card will be sent to your home address.  

- If your admission card does not reach you on time to attend the meeting, you may still attend:                          

* If you are a pure registered shareholder, with proof of your identity
        * If you are a bearer shareholder, with the "participation certificate", drawn-up by your financial intermediary, and with proof of your identity, as long as your request for an admission card was sent to BNP Paribas Securities Services - Service Assemblée.

dagobert

Thanks for your help. I think I will write an email to Euro Disney and ask them what to do.

pussinboots

Right, if you're a shareholder, you will have gotten the email about the upcoming meeting... Same thing as above. I really don't quite understand what to do. Should I get my bank to contact BNP Paribas? Will they just know what to do when they get some Xeroxed proof of my shares? What's a bearer shareholder? Is that what we are?

Are you any wiser after your email exchange, Dagobert?

Javey74

I've often fancied going to one, but as Anthony pointed out, it's not very straight forward..  :roll:

I've attached a copy of the email that was sent to me just recently for the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders' Combined General Meeting, which will be taking place on Wednesday, March 17, 2010, at 9:00 a.m. Now make of it what you will..  :shock:

I suppose the contact details at the bottom may be of use to you dagobert, aswell as others wanting to speak to someone in person about attending..  :wink:  :)

Quote from: "Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders"

Dear Shareholders Club Member,

We are pleased to inform you that the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders' Combined General Meeting will take place on Wednesday, March 17, 2010, at 9:00 a.m., at CinéMagique at Walt Disney Studios® Park, Disneyland® Paris, Chessy (77), France.

The reception desk for the preliminary registration will be located at Studio 1 at Walt Disney Studios Park and will open at 8:00 a.m.. Each shareholder will be able to access the Walt Disney Studios Park accompanied by only one guest. However, due to limited capacity in CinéMagique, only shareholders will be able to participate in the meeting.

Please find by clicking on the following link useful information on the conditions you must meet to take part in the General Meeting (how to attend this meeting or to vote if you cannot attend the meeting).

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/sh ... 2010.xhtml

Caution: the presentation of your Shareholders Club card is not sufficient for you to take part in the General Meeting.

Finally, you will find below a Shareholders Club Hotels Offer:

40% at the Disney's Sequoia Lodge® or Disney's Newport Bay Club® on rooms only, exclusively on March 16 & 17, 2010.

Practical information and booking at +33 (0)1 60 30 60 72.

Upon booking only.

This offer is available for standard rooms, Montana rooms, Montana Lake-side rooms, rooms on the Admiral's Floor and Admiral's Floor Lake-side rooms

Offer limited to 2 rooms per night and per valid Shareholders Club card.

This offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or discount on hotel rooms.

Presentation of your valid Shareholders Club card is required at the hotel check-in.

Feel free to contact us for any further information.

Yours sincerely,

Euro Disney S.C.A.
Shareholders Club
Free line: 00800 64 74 56 30 *
Tel.: +33 (0)1 64 74 56 30
Fax: + 33 (0)1 64 74 56 36
E-Mail: mailto:eurodisney@clubactionnaires.com">eurodisney@clubactionnaires.com

(*) From France, United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain and Italy from a land line, national operators only

pussinboots

Okay, so after some Googling, I can say that we all most likely fall under the "bearer" category. So you need to get your bank to send you a certificate proving you own the shares, as when joining the Shareholders Club in the first place. And then apparently send that to BNP Paribas Securities Services - Service Assemblée with a request for admission to this event.

It seems very unlikely that they would have the faintest clue what you'd be talking about. Surely the people at BNP Paribas don't take note of every shareholders' event that comes along. But apparently that's what you should do.

dagobert

Thanks for all your help, but I will not attend the meeting, because it is in March. At first it should have been during our trip in two weeks ago, but they have changed the date.

Jonjo

Reading the Booklet for this years meeting there is a relsolution to alow the company to purchase shares for the next 18 months at a maximum cost of 20 Euros per share.

//http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-booklet-ag-2010-03-17.pdf
The Disneyland Paris Shareholders Blog.
www.salonmickey.co.uk

andrewuk

I don't remember seeing this at the time, but here is Philippe Gas' speech from last year's meeting.
//http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-2009-agm-philippe-gas-speech.pdf
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

dejmurph1

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has any news from the meeting this morning yet?

N

CafeFantasia

Yeah, some dude said that Toy Story Playland opens in August 2010. So that's 5 months more of construction.

andrewuk

Here's the report, nothing spectacular to read as far as we're concerned, I think.
//http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-booklet-ag-2010-03-17.pdf
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

dagobert

Did they mention anything about the World of Disney Store at DV?

Anthony

I don't think World of Disney was mentioned, but there's a slide for the Villages Nature project in the presentation: http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CO ... tation.pdf

Anyone know what specifically was said about that?

bigrossco

sure could of done with making it more internet friendly rather than 15MB sure is big with all these images! but reading now :)
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista