The Muppets (2011)

Started by The Butlin Boy, September 12, 2009, 07:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Down to 97%, but that's still pretty amazing.

It'll be out on DVD in the US before we see it in the UK! Never mind, give me something to look forward to in a usually dull February.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

DopeyDad

You know I didn't really expect to feel excited by this movie, even though I grew up with the show. But I can really see the whole family loving this movie in the cinema together.

Fingers crossed.

dagobert

Finally I've seen The Muppets and enjoyed the movie a lot. I've never seen the TV show and so I didn't know what to expect, but I was surprised that I liked it so much. In fact it's the best Disney movie for a long time.

DopeyDad

yeahhhhhhhhh

just got back from seeing The Muppets (and Moopets) with my two boys (3 and 8)
All agreed it was great fun, I think I laughed more than they did :)

I definitely recommend to any one with children, a childish sense of humour or both!

15MagicalYears

Finally saw the Muppets yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed it, was very funny! It made me sad over the absence of The Muppets at DLP, though. Hopefully if it's successful we'll see them more over here.

CafeFantasia

I've seen The Muppets now. I didn't find it quite as amazing as all the reviews said it was, but it was still a good film that left me with a positive, uplifted feeling.

I had some issues with the new voice of Fozzie Bear, and found Jason and Amy's characters a bit fake and two-dimensional (probably intentional). But there were enough gags and random moments (seeing "Sheldon Cooper") to smooth over the rough patches.

Interestingly there were very few kids in the film. Whenever there were crowd scenes full of people singing in the street, they were all adults. This gave me the feeling that the film was made by adults FOR adults.

The film was reviewed by The Totally Rad Show back in November 2011. Check it out on YouTube because it's a really good analysis:

[youtube:2iqsmlvz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ7fYI7voqw[/youtube:2iqsmlvz]