Cars 2 (Pixar 2011)

Started by Captain Pan, August 24, 2009, 01:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamarmiller

Yeah I wish we could have seen more of the Racing myself .

I will say a 2nd viewing of the movie made me like the movie much more.

I think it moved a bit too fast also

For instance, at the end

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

[spoiler:2098iyv9]WHen The spies invite Mater to come with them and he says no this is home

they should have slowed that WAY down. IT went way to fast, I felt like that could have been a powerful moment in the movie had they just SLOWED it down a few seconds

it was more like

wewantyoutocomewithusplease
thankyoubutthisishomeandiwantostayherebyeseeyoulater

instead of all the pauses and such that should have been there.[/spoiler:2098iyv9]

overall it was a fun movie , and my 3 year old ( almost 3 that is ) loved it and has watched it twice and probably many more to come

I just hope we do get  a CARS 3 , something that ends a bit better for ALL FANS OF ALL AGES

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "jamarmiller"[spoiler:j4nn7sci]they should have slowed that WAY down. IT went way to fast, I felt like that could have been a powerful moment in the movie had they just SLOWED it down a few seconds[/spoiler:j4nn7sci]

There's a handy spoiler tag along the top of the typing area [ spoiler ] Hello [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces)

But yeah you're right, I felt a lot of the film felt rushed.

jamarmiller

GOOD TO KNOW !thank you !

peep

I agree that the film was too rushed and I thought there wasn't really any character development apart from the characters we already knew about from the first film. However I thought it looked lovely, the 3D was the best I've seen so far and it had some very funny moments (I highly disagree that the film only has amusing moments for young kids).
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "peep"I agree that the film was too rushed and I thought there wasn't really any character development apart from the characters we already knew about from the first film. However I thought it looked lovely, the 3D was the best I've seen so far and it had some very funny moments (I highly disagree that the film only has amusing moments for young kids).

I laughed longer, harder and more often during the Toy Story short at the beginning than during the entire of Cars 2. One thing I've always loved about Pixar is that they leave the toilet humour to Dreamworks (the first time wasn't until Finding Nemo : 'Nice'). But that entire scene with Mater was at best tedious.

But I'm glad you found amusement. Probably by the time to good jokes came around I was ready for the door.

peep

I feel you may have gone in to the screening wanting to hate it so didn't actually watch it for what it is, a kids film. I'm not sure what you were expecting to watch? I also loved the Toy Story short but I didn't think it was as funny as the actual films.

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"But that entire scene with Mater was at best tedious.

What the scene taking the mick out of Japanese toilets? There are like millions of vids on the internet of how odd they are, Pixar thought it was funny and it's something Japan is known for so they use it for an amusing scene. On the other hand the Mater character annoys me and it's more other things happening around him that amuse me.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "peep"I feel you may have gone in to the screening wanting to hate it so didn't actually watch it for what it is, a kids film. I'm not sure what you were expecting to watch? I also loved the Toy Story short but I didn't think it was as funny as the actual films.

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"But that entire scene with Mater was at best tedious.

What the scene taking the mick out of Japanese toilets? There are like millions of vids on the internet of how odd they are, Pixar thought it was funny and it's something Japan is known for so they use it for an amusing scene. On the other hand the Mater character annoys me and it's more other things happening around him that amuse me.

No I wasn't expecting a kids film. Having watched every single Pixar film at the cinema (with an open mind) I was expecting a family fim - fun for all !.

Yes that scene. Rule of thumb, Pixar dont do toilet humour, yet .......

dagobert

Yesterday we have finally seen Cars 2 and we were disappointed by the movie. Unfortunately I was right with my feeling that this would be one of the worst Pixar movies. It clearly missed the quality of former Pixar movies. Only A Bug's Life is worse than Cars 2.

The animation was fantastic, really beautiful, but the story was so cheap. It's a spy movie and they added some Cars characters. Usually that's the quality I would expect from today's Disney Animation, but Tangled was a lot better and funnier.

In my opinion the main reason for making that movie was the money from the merchandise and of course John Lasseter#s love for Cars. Now I can't wait for Brave which looks very promising. I'm also not sure what to expect from Monsters 2, but I hope it will be better than Cars 2. At least Pixar announced two original movies at the D23 Expo.

CafeFantasia

Well, I've finally seen Cars 2 now, on Blu-ray. As others have said, it looks gorgeous. The environments Pixar have designed are beautiful and very picturesque. But, ultimately the film was really monotonous and boring. It didn't seem to have any contrast in tone; it felt the same all the way through. I actually started feeling so sleepy that the beautifully rendered images became a blur. It's a shame to think of all the talented artists involved in creating those images, only to waste them all on weak characters, unfunny jokes, and a boring script.

I didn't hate it, but it was definitely Pixar's worst film ever, and way worse than Disney's Tangled, Princess and the Frog and Bolt.

Sorry John.

CafeFantasia

On the subject of Cars 2, one thing I want to add is, the song played over the end credits is excellent. It's called "Collision of Worlds" and it's written and performed by Robbie Williams and Brad Paisley. I wish they played this in the Walt Disney Studios Park, next to Cars Race Rally.

Have a listen to the song on YouTube:

[youtube:1dr7d0gw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi7ctwvjb5A[/youtube:1dr7d0gw]