as for the 6 countries

they are

America
Australia
Germany
Spain
Russia
Mexico

Mexico, Russia, Spain and Australia are using NEW characters, America is using JEff and Germany is using Max Schnell

DisneyPictures

Here's another great review!

"Pixar has done it again. This is animated filmmaking at its very best and when all the gee-whizzery is stripped away, there's enough heart to keep ours pumping. Great escapism."
http://www.urbancinefile.com.au/home/vi ... &s=Reviews

Pete's Dragon

Seems Pixar ain't trying to place the A-113 as subtly as they used to. It's not quite as obvious as it was in Wall-E.

[spoiler:1aewtsw0][/spoiler:1aewtsw0]

CafeFantasia

The current rating of Cars 2 on RottenTomatoes.com is 39%. Toy Story 3 got 99%, so something about Cars 2 isn't quite up to Pixar's usual standards. One of the funniest reviews said "Pixar has now found its redneck Jar-Jar Binks. Such a proud moment." :-)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cars-2/

jamarmiller

I think these people just dont get it.

KIDS LOVE THIS MOVIE more than any others,

Its made for the kids

I only fell in love with this movie myself once my boy turned 2 and started dancing to the movie and now he watches it at least once  week ( he is 3 now ) and plays with the toys.

Thats the magic of CARS and CARS 2, little boys love it and its something fathers can stand to watch with them and Enjoy it with them.

I cant wait to buy this on blue ray !

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "jamarmiller"I think these people just dont get it.

KIDS LOVE THIS MOVIE more than any others,

Its made for the kids

I only fell in love with this movie myself once my boy turned 2 and started dancing to the movie and now he watches it at least once  week ( he is 3 now ) and plays with the toys.

Thats the magic of CARS and CARS 2, little boys love it and its something fathers can stand to watch with them and Enjoy it with them.

I cant wait to buy this on blue ray !

Right there in bold. The only reason this film was made. The first one is average at best, but still better than 90% of Blue Sky, Fox and Dreamworks efforts.

jamarmiller

yeah the toys alone have made more money than Avatar.

this movie could bomb and still be a financial success for Disney

I am actually hoping for a 3rd one before my boy gets too old LOL

Pete's Dragon

But Pixar's ethos was never about making money or cool merchandise. It was about making the best films possible. A film like Cars 2 makes me really worried about the future direction of the company

jamarmiller

But for small boys and their fathers, its IS THE BEST FILM Possible

is it the best film possible just for people 18 and up ? No I watched it once 5 years ago, enjoyed it and didnt give it a second viewing until my boy turned 1 and a half.

Adults arent the target.

I love pixar movies, but NONE hold the interest of my little man like Cars does ( Toy story 1-3 is very close though )

and because of that I enjoy it more than the others.

For at least my son and I, its the best Possible movie a father and small boy can enjoy together ( with emphasis on the little guy )

DisneyPictures

You can read Roger Ebert's review below! What do you think about what he said?

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... 29995/1023

jamarmiller

yeah I read that the day it went up

liked it and he is right

flyngryter711

The movie was primary made to sell cars 2 toys. In fact, I think the toys will make more than the movie. The first movie didn't make a whole lot at the box office but it was a critical success selling merchandise. It's okay Pixar needs to make money to fund their more creative endeavors.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Slashfilm.com"Poor Mater and McQueen: After a 35% Rotten Tomatoes score gave Cars 2 the unhappy distinction of becoming the worst-reviewed Pixar movie of all time, it is now tracking to earn Pixar's lowest domestic gross since 1998?s A Bug's Life.

Though Cars 2 initially got off to a strong start, making $66 million in its first weekend, it's been losing audiences faster than Pixar movies usually do. Between its first and second weekends, Cars 2 saw a 60% drop in domestic gross — or 52% if you include Monday, July 4 in the Independence Day weekend numbers. Either way, it's a significant drop. During this past weekend, its fourth in theaters, the film made $8.4 million, putting it on track to becoming Pixar's worst domestic box office performance since A Bug's Life — which earned $10 million in its fourth wide-release weekend.

To put things in perspective, an $8 million fourth weekend isn't bad, especially considering that it was up against similarly family-focused entertainments like Winnie the Pooh and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. Still, as Upcoming Pixar points out, there's a good chance Cars 2 won't be hitting the $200 million mark unless it lucks out with a strong Labor Day weekend performance.

The news is especially discouraging as Cars 2's $200 million production budget made it one of the most expensive projects in the studio's history. I wouldn't predict Pixar giving up on sequels altogether yet, though. Toy Story 3, another $200 million sequel, raked in $415 million domestically to become Pixar's biggest commercial success.

On a brighter note, Cars 2 seems to be doing somewhat better abroad. Though it has yet to open in several countries, including France, Germany, Japan, and the U.K., it's already earned a total of $121.6 from foreign markets. In fact, its total grosses in Australia, Brazil, and Mexico are already higher than the total grosses for the first Cars in those countries.

Without being cynical, this is probably the box-office returns they were expecting. Wait until those little pieces of branded plastic start flying off the shelves and into the mouths of 4 year olds everywhere

CafeFantasia

Did you see this video of the Cars 2 Special Screening that they held in Paris on Thursday the 21st of July 2011? Somebody in the audience succeeded in asking the longest, most poorly worded question in history. I'm surprised John Lasseter was able to make sense of it.

[youtube:s6wmn07d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0zcKjnCPsM[/youtube:s6wmn07d]

Here's a quick transcript I did so you can read it.

Audience member's question:

"Hi. Sorry. I wanted to know, errr, obviously the first thing you addressed when you started explaining about the movie, is the fact that it's, errr, a follow-up to another one, and that it's not a "cash grab", errr, because the worldwide press hasn't been very, as kind as it, errr.

Yeah, right. Hi. Sorry. Uhm, well, basically, worldwide critics hasn't been as nice as they usually are with Pixar. And, I wanted to know, not, I'm sure I saw all the people working on the movies probably bit hard, but, you know. But, as a movie studio, does it question you or does it quest... How... I mean. Pixar has been producing gold all over, errr, the last decade, and it's the first time that, the World is not as happy as usual. And, do you think, well.

(So what's the question?)

The question is, does, sorry, does it make your studio want to react to that, or, do you just think, ok sometimes this time we did something that did not resonate to the public the way it usually does. Or, I don't know, how. How does the studio react to this ***** first time is not as good as it usually is. Sorry, for the length of the question."

John Lasseter's answer:

"Well, we've had a lot of bad reviews, for a lot of movies. When Toy Story came out, everybody seems to forget this but, many many critics hated Toy Story. They seem to forget that, but um. So we're not, you know, this is not the first time. The first Cars was not liked, by the critics either. But, I'm glad to tell you, I don't make movies for film critics.

I make the movies for the audience, and, um, I'm very proud of Cars 2. It is one of the most fun movies I've ever, made. And we're really proud of it, and it's the most beautiful film Pixar has made. It's so complex and gorgeous, and, you'll see, it's very special. It's a spy movie. It's, they go around the World. It's very funny. You know, and it's errr, um, it is, it's a great follow-up to Cars, which I love as well. They're very personal stories for me. And Cars is unlike any film in history where it's actually gotten more popular over time, and, we're very proud of that. And so I love this film, and errr, like I said I don't make movies for critics, I make them for the audience."

Pete's Dragon

Usually when a new Pixar film is released, the related topic on the Forum gets a lot of messages. Not so this time it would appear, and after watching it last night I can understand why. In a word - boring.

This is the first film that is completely aimed at 3-5 year olds, there was nothing for adults at all. The film is basically a feature length 'Car-Toon'  and the plot was probably conceived after watching the aforementioned 3-5 year olds play with the tied-in merchandise.

Best Bits - The actual races. The direction and animation was great and really had a sense of speed

Worst Bits - The actual races. After 20-30 seconds into each race it would cut suddenly the Mater flukeing it as a spy

Officially my least favourite Pixar film ever. 3/10  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: