D23 Expo, 10th-13th September 2009

Started by Pete's Dragon, August 20, 2009, 01:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Courtsy of Slashfilm.com"Disney has launched the movie event line-up for the D23 Expo fan convention. The event line-up includes exclusive sneak peeks at upcoming films like A Christmas Carol, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, Old Dogs, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Tron: Legacy, The Princess and the Frog, Rapunzel, Toy Story 3 and more. Also making their premieres will be the new new Disney Digital 3D Toy Story and Toy Story 2 double feature, a new digital conversion of the original Tron, and a newly restored digital version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. PResentations also include a Muppets update, Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure, and the new ABC-TV holiday special, Prep and Landing

The Walt Disney Studios is jumping on the D23 Expo bandwagon with four days (September 10-13) of exciting programming that includes major overviews of upcoming films by Disney Studios Chairman Dick Cook and Disney-Pixar Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter, plus a full schedule of events spotlighting new releases and newly restored digital versions of classic favorites.

Cook will present exclusive sneak peeks at such highly anticipated Disney features as "Disney's A Christmas Carol," Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland," "Old Dogs" (with Robin Williams and John Travolta), "Prince of Persia" and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" (both from producer Jerry Bruckheimer), "Tron: Legacy," plus updates on many more exciting projects. Lasseter will discuss and show materials from such upcoming Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios' motion pictures as "The Princess and the Frog," "Rapunzel," "Toy Story 3," etc. Both presentations will be held at The Anaheim Convention Center in a 4000-seat arena.

All other film screenings and programs will take place in The Walt Disney Studios Theater (at the Anaheim Convention Center), a custom-built state-of-the-art venue with 3D capability, located within the Convention Center. All Disney Digital 3D™ presentations will be shown in RealD 3D, the world's most widely used 3D cinema technology. Among the U.S. premieres at the D23 Expo will be new Disney Digital 3D™ versions of "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2," the digital conversion of the original "Tron," and a newly restored digital version of the Walt Disney classic "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs." Expo guests will get an exclusive look at all things Muppets, as well as meet the filmmakers and see exclusive presentations for such highly anticipated new Disney features as "The Princess and the Frog," "Toy Story 3" (from Disney-Pixar), "Tron: Legacy," "Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure" (from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment), and the new ABC-TV holiday animated special, "Prep and Landing."

The Expo will also debut selected scenes from the upcoming Disney Digital 3D™ version of the Studio's 1991 modern classic, "Beauty and the Beast." Other highlights of the four-day event include a program devoted to the music from "The Lion King," a panel discussion and screening of "Sleeping Beauty," and the first U.S. screening of "Trail of the Panda" (Disney's second co-production with China). There will also be presentations on two recent documentaries – "the boys: the sherman brothers' story" and "Walt & El Grupo."

A special screening series, "Fifty and Fabulous," will unspool at 10:00 pm in the Studio Theater on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights spotlighting films that are celebrating their 50th anniversary – "Darby O'Gill and the Little People," "The Shaggy Dog," and "Sleeping Beauty."

D23 EXPO – WALT DISNEY STUDIOS THEATER

PROGRAM OF EVENTS

THURSDAY 10th
1:00 PM "Beauty and the Beast" panel discussion; and screening of selected scenes in Disney Digital 3D™
4:00 PM "The Lion King" music program
7:00 PM "the boys: the sherman brothers story" panel discussion/ screening
10:00 PM "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" screening

FRIDAY 11th
11:00 AM Dick Cook / Walt Disney Studios presentation (in the Arena)
1:00 PM Screening of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" in Disney Digital 3D™ plus Tim Burton shorts, "Frankenweenie" and "Vincent"
4:00 PM "Tron"/ "Tron: Legacy" presentation; Digital debut screening of original "Tron"
7:30 PM "Walt & El Grupo" presentation; Followed by screening of "Saludos Amigos"
10:00 PM "The Shaggy Dog" screening

SATURDAY 12th
10:00 AM Disneynature presentation
12:00 PM "Snow White" panel discussion; Followed by screening of Restored Print
3:00 PM "Princess and the Frog" presentation
5:30 PM "Prep and Landing" presentation
7:30 PM "Trail of the Panda" screening
10:00 PM "Sleeping Beauty" screening

SUNDAY 13th
11:00 AM John Lasseter / Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios presentation (in the Arena)
1:00 PM "Muppets" presentation
4:00 PM "Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure" screening
6:30 PM "Toy Story 3" presentation;
7:00 PM "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2" debuts in Disney Digital 3D™

For all the latest information, check out thepfficial website @ http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/

Soap

Anybody present there from the magic forum???  :?:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

peep

So jealous of anyone that gets to be there. Sounds like one amazing line-up of events. Hopefully we will see some of these exclusives online after the event.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

Have you seen the programme??!

http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/images/D2 ... 090309.pdf

What an incredible event. :shock:

peep

Wow, so jealous. Why is it we never get anything like this over in Europe? They even get the première of Toy Story 1&2 in 3D!

Anthony

http://micechat.com/forums/d23-disney-t ... -look.html

Spot the new Walt Disney Parks & Resorts logo!!

PLEASE let this mean the end of the ugly "Disney Parks" brand.

CafeFantasia

Looks great. I wish I could be there. Maybe the second week of September is the best time to go to Disneyland California for a holiday each year :-)

I was reading through that PDF. I wonder how many fans/guests will obey Disney's photography rules:

"No flash photography, and no filming or other recording of any kind is permitted in the "Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives" exhibit. No photography, filming or other recording is permitted in the D23 Expo Studio Theater or Arena or in any other location where prohibited. By attending the D23 Expo, you agree not to take pictures or video or make sound recordings wherever posted or announced as prohibited."

peep

^That's annoying. Lets hope someone goes against their rules.

Btw, I read somewhere earlier that Tim Burton and Robert Zemeckis are going to be at the expo for Dick Cook's presentation.

Anthony

This is amazing!

[youtube:3qxmvazx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyHhsGVGPak[/youtube:3qxmvazx]

It's like a Disney attraction in itself. And look at the animated Lightning McQueen!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"This is amazing!

[youtube:1bman0nh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyHhsGVGPak[/youtube:1bman0nh]

It's like a Disney attraction in itself. And look at the animated Lightning McQueen!

I just watched it, and was absolutely blown away. There's some amazing stuff in that video =D>

The whole pre-show clip, leading into the exhibitions is brilliant, almost like a higher budget Blue Sky Cellar. Perhaps if Disney wanted to open some more Blue Sky Cellars for other resorts in the future, they'll look like this... :)

peep

WOW, the animatronics in that video are just amazing, Lightning McQueen, the dino and Wall.e (seen before though). It's amazing how much this technology has developed and how realistic they can now look.

Mystic Manor for HKDL looks great, the concept images are really exciting, the special effects look so much better than what I've seen in a park attraction before.

I'm hoping something for DLP is announced at this event though, something we didn't see coming (which I doubt).

Aveen2008

Quote from: "peep"WOW, the animatronics in that video are just amazing, Lightning McQueen, the dino and Wall.e (seen before though). It's amazing how much this technology has developed and how realistic they can now look.

Mystic Manor for HKDL looks great, the concept images are really exciting, the special effects look so much better than what I've seen in a park attraction before.

I'm hoping something for DLP is announced at this event though, something we didn't see coming (which I doubt).

You said basically everything I was thinking! Thanks for posting the video Anthony! =D>

I have to say that dinosaur is sooo cute! hehe!
Luv Aveen xoxo

davewasbaloo

This is an awesome video, now for 2012 - HK or DL/DCA? That's the big question.
since 2001 (many before that)

Gareth

that video is AMAZING and the dinosaure WOW o WOW lol its fantastic

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

RnRCj

I have to say, Mystic Manor is looking to be one of the best new Disney attractions for years. A unique ride sytem, immersive theming, an elaborate story, special effects... it's gonna be awesome. =D>

I'm amazed at how advanced the AAs are nowadays. Lightning McQueen is pretty much real there. Nice to see Lucky make an appearance too! One of my favourite memories of WDW.