Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loladelorean

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "loladelorean"Are the parachutes based on the soldiers in Toy Story??
I've just been trying to get my head round the parachute thing, and this is the only connection I can think of. Rather a loose one....
Mixture of marketing the new attraction and using it as a way to show these new characters "arriving" in the parks, yeah. Although that doesn't make sense because Buzz has been there since 2006, so using him as the lead in a separate land in a separate park is silly to say the least.

The whole year will be a good way to make things like Crush, Cars, Stitch and Buzz (Laser Blast) feel new again.

Yeah I guess I kinda get that... unfortunately it's already looking like they might go OTT on the parachutes as they did with the balloons this year (in my opinion anyway). I suppose Buzz is just a really prominent and beloved character, so thats why theyre putting him in the foreground. But it does seem like a missed opportunity to showcase another character or attraction, especially with their theme of "new arrivals". Some crossed wires in the marketing department I think.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

dlrpkris

Although I'm generally annoyed about this whole 'Festival' (to me a festival is something like a country fayre that lasts a couple of days) I like the All Star Express visual. Probably the most professional and inspiration of the lot. Just too bad it's not a newer design and is the promotion of something that hasn't been new now for 3 years
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Aveen2008

Wow I don't think Walt would have thought these images were good :( ! A man who wanted perfection and knew how to make things magical wouldn't have thought copy and pasting images of characters onto various backgrounds was quality! :?  
I feel like I have seen the same buzz and woody images copied and pasted onto things a million times! The princess float image is awful! The character express ( i will always call it that) is half decent, although I agree with Anthony on the theming!

It's not going to stop me going to the park and unless I go to WDW next year I will go to DLP but again as I think Anthony said ( I am quoting you a lot Anthony sorry :P) it's not about the fact people won't go because of these images but is the point not actually making people want to go instead of just not stopping them from going?! =D>

As someone said earlier all these theme are just taking away from when there is a real anniversary or reason to celebrate. :-"  

I loved the Character express for the 15th Anniversary and I did hope they would keep it but I wish they wouldn't keep making out like each year now it's a new event because it's definately not...even this year wasn't any different, it's teh same characters and meet and greets, the train just looks different!  :roll:

I used to not get what davewasbaloo was saying about the parks changing and being very character orientated etc but I definately do now! I am being very put off Woody and Buzz! :roll:  :?
Luv Aveen xoxo

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Aveen2008"I used to not get what davewasbaloo was saying about the parks changing and being very character orientated etc but I definately do now! I am being very put off Woody and Buzz! :roll:  :?

Sadly I wish I had been wrong, but the writing was on the wall. I really miss what Disney used to stand for. CUrrently we are saving up for Tokyo and Hong Kong, it's actually cheaper than WDW or DL, and DLP does not look like it will be worth visiting for a while.
since 2001 (many before that)

MagicStar

Its unbelievable how cheap they produce all these things. Is nobody there responsable for quality management? HHAAAALLLOOOOO SOMEONE OUT THERE????
Take a look at the tree, right from the castle:

They cut of the tree. And nobody noticed it!!!!
Im really shocked :shock:
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Tuvok

Speaking of 'new generation' characters, where is my meet & greet with Wall-E? I really want to see my favorite little robot in Paris. That would be so cool for the Studios. He's Pixar's number one star of the past few years, but is nowhere to be found in Paris?  :roll:
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Tuvok"Speaking of 'new generation' characters, where is my meet & greet with Wall-E? I really want to see my favorite little robot in Paris. That would be so cool for the Studios. He's Pixar's number one star of the past few years, but is nowhere to be found in Paris?  :roll:

Yeah, I really think that they've missed out on a great opportunity to get the likes of Wall-E, Bolt, Rhino, Mittens, Giselle, Carl Fredrickson, Dug, Russell, etc over to Paris. I think that it's a shame that they haven't done this :roll:

dlrpkris

To me, genuine new characters would be far more popular than a character train with a new name. I understand there's fees to pay and costumes aren't cheap, but seriously... I'm sure WDP would even pay for the very latest characters to appear. It would be a more enjoyable and promising way to promote the new releases than billboards that are forgotten about.
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Anthony

Quote from: "Tuvok"Speaking of 'new generation' characters, where is my meet & greet with Wall-E? I really want to see my favorite little robot in Paris. That would be so cool for the Studios. He's Pixar's number one star of the past few years, but is nowhere to be found in Paris?  :roll:
Yeah, the Audio Animatronic is no-go because of cost and weight, but a shiny scale model against a backdrop like the one of Mike Wazowski would be very popular. Maybe in one of the forgotten corners of Backlot, near the Armageddon exit.

It's a real mistake that they've missed Up, Bolt and Enchanted. Carl's flying house could have been added amongst the parachutes! Tying the event into Toy Story 3's release is a good idea, but there's obviously no links to the third film in any of this, so it all feels very 1995. In fact, for a "new generation", there's only really Princess Tiana who feels fresh, and in turn she feels old or classic because she's just another princess. Throwing in horribly boring and overused characters like Stitch just makes it feel even more stale already.

Like the logo, bored of the characters.

Tuvok

Actually, Wall-E did visit Paris for the European premiere of his movie. It's on Youtube: Watch!
Probably because Walt Disney Pictures paid for his appearance. It really is a shame we can not see him at the parks. Yes, it may cost a lot, but I don't think this is an theme park experience that anyone has seen before. I'll bet lots of people will come to the resort, just to see him. I know I would.

I understand what you're saying with overusing characters. I like Stitch, so it doesn't bother me to see him more often, but I would also love to see Bolt, Mittens and Rhino.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Gareth

id love bolt to come over aswell and i think loads of ppl would love to see them over the new princess

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

littlemermaid83

Ok after deciding that i was dillusional to not think i'd be going DLRP next year i have changed my mind...

Please can someone assure me that the castle will not have tacky looking Pixar inspired decorations on it?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

From www.dlrptoday.com:

QuoteDisney new generation festival

A new generation of Disney stars and stories are landing for one year only at Disneyland® Paris from April 2010.

Join the festival-fun at the all-new generation shows and parades – where new Princess Tiana jazzes up the Once Upon a Dream Parade, and gourmet chef Remy* drives you wild with excitement in Disney's Stars 'n' Cars. Or choo-choo-choose which star to meet first on the Disney all stars express and at Monsters Inc. Scream Academy* –shriek n' greet like no other!

And, starting from Summer, shrink to the size of a toy in Toy Story Playland* for the BIGGEST new family attractions: Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop, Slinky Dog(1) Zig Zag Spin and RC Racer(2).

Finally, gather in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle for a true Disney showstopper finale – an all-singing, all-dancing, all-together perfect end to the perfect day.

The Disney new generation festival might only last a year but your all-new memories will last a lifetime.

Shows & Parades

Welcome Princess Tiana to the Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade
Princess Tiana from Walt Disney Pictures' "The Princess and the Frog" brings a little jazz, snazz and pizzazz in the Once Upon a Dream Parade. She is joining the Disney Princesses in their Dreams of Romance. Hop along with your little ones to twist and twirl to the romantic music from each of their worlds and give a warm welcome to this new Princess.

Ratatouille(1) starring in Disney's Stars 'n' Cars
Drive your little ones wild with excitement as Disney's Stars 'n' Cars presents the all-new Ratatouille roadster. It's a party on wheels that goes into a spin when Remy pulls up alongside you! Get a taste of his cooking capers and the other crazy cars and characters. It's the perfect recipe for a fun-filled motorcade.

Disney all star express
Get on track with the festivities on the Disney all stars express. This is your ticket to choo-choo-se which of your favourite Disney new generation Characters you want to meet n' greet first. Will it be Buzz(3) ? A rendez-vous with Remy(3) ? Shootin' the breeze with Woody(3) ? All aboard! It's Minnie and her all stars express!

Disney showtime spectacular
It's Showtime! It's time to shine. It's time to gather in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle on Central Plaza stage for an explosion of music from maestro Mickey. Together with an all-new A-list of guest stars it promises to be an all-singing, all-dancing all-new showstopper finale!

Monsters Inc.(2) Scream Academy
All screams are welcome at Disneyland® Paris. Thrill-filled shrieks, surprised yelps and screams of delight! At Monsters Inc. Scream Academy we welcome screams to break the decibel meter! Join in the tonsil-tingling fun as you shriek n' greet Sulley and scream as loud as monster-possible – it's ear-popping fun for all the family.
Some interesting snippets and name confirmations in there.

davewasbaloo

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :cry:  :evil:
since 2001 (many before that)

pfspock

Wouldn't it be great if those press releases didn't sound like as if they were written for morons by morons?
Choo-Choo-Choose? Oh come on