Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpkris

Such high quality, polished and exciting commercials. Please please please please PLEASE keep this going. I know loads of people who suddenly want to visit in time for Easter on the back of these ads.

I'm still slightly unsure about the 2D animation quality, but I've never really liked it mixed with 3D or real-life shots...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

smurfy74

dont know if anyone has noticed but on the long commercial the castle still has the UGLY decoration on the front  :cry:

dagobert

Does someone know if there are any plans to leave this ugly things on the castle or will it be replaced with something new?

And will Main Street USA new banners or will we see Main Street in its old glory?

Anthony

Kristof reported a while ago that there are "no decorations planned" for this year, so the castle is back to normal... not sure about those banners though. I wouldn't be surprised if they were used again, but I really hope not...

The whole park needs to have a bit of a breather soon if the 20th is going to be special.

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"Kristof reported a while ago that there are "no decorations planned" for this year, so the castle is back to normal... not sure about those banners though. I wouldn't be surprised if they were used again, but I really hope not...

The whole park needs to have a bit of a breather soon if the 20th is going to be special.

That's good to hear. Hopefully the Mickey shaped spires will also be removed.

RnRCj

The thing with the decorations and banners is they don't really have any reason to be there. They don't add anything to the experience and they only ruin photos.

Hopefully we will see Main Street USA in it's original form this year!

dagobert

I have to admit that I liked the banners of the 15th birthday, but not the MMP banners. They stayed there too long and should have been removed after the 15th birthday.

I really like to see Main Street in its old glory with out the banners.

RnRCj

Yeah, I must admit, I too didn't mind the 15th banners at first. But that was because I didn't expect them to be there too long. Never did I think we'd be sitting here 4 years later with the banners (as well as the castle decorations) still there. :roll:

Kristof

Ok, so I got some more info on the decorations.  As expected, entertainment is going to do some last minute changes.  I got to see a "behind the scenes" video of the New Gen Festival and it clearly shows concept art of Main Street decorations... The "good" news is it weren't the banners we've seen since 2007, but rather small plaques with a New Gen character on the Main Street gas lanterns.  Quite similar how they deck out Main Street at the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland California for their themed years.  

No confirmation however, it's possible it has been cut after all...

Javey74

You can tell the 'New Generation Festival' is about to start..  :D/  :D/  :D/

About a week ago most travel agencies would have received there 'New Generation Festival' marketing boards, as below, which I took with my mobile. By the way you need plenty of time and a degree to build it, I'd love to see the assembly instructions to get it to look 3D..  :mrgreen:

Now with these marketing boards all the staff in the branches have been receiving their travel packs which came boxed with the marketing boards.

The packs contained a variation of the photo below, depending on the quantity of staff in the branch, don't ask how I got mine..  :mrgreen:

Anyway there were DLRP Pens, 'New Generation Festival' lanyards, Colouring books. They have also been given Mouse Mats to match.. :mrgreen:

There were card masks in the form of Tiana, Buzz Lightyear, Sulley and a few others, and of course packs of balloons to go 'Up' around the branch..  :D

Adam

Did anyone else get a mailout today for NGF? Looks quite good  - still mentioning Scream Academy though! However, the 3D Visual Effect is rather good - I have seen this done before with the new episodes of Red Dwarf last year, when a box on a piece of paper was replaced with a video of Kryten's head. However, this is much more developed and rather clever!

Javey74

Quote from: "Adam"Did anyone else get a mailout today for NGF? Looks quite good  - still mentioning Scream Academy though! However, the 3D Visual Effect is rather good - I have seen this done before with the new episodes of Red Dwarf last year, when a box on a piece of paper was replaced with a video of Kryten's head. However, this is much more developed and rather clever!
Mine came first thing this morning, and yes, it's a really good effect..  :wink:  :D

dagobert

Quote from: "Adam"Did anyone else get a mailout today for NGF? Looks quite good  - still mentioning Scream Academy though! However, the 3D Visual Effect is rather good - I have seen this done before with the new episodes of Red Dwarf last year, when a box on a piece of paper was replaced with a video of Kryten's head. However, this is much more developed and rather clever!

Do you get this mailout only in the UK? Is this just an advertising for NGF or does it also offer some background about the festival.

Adam

Quote from: "dagobert"Do you get this mailout only in the UK? Is this just an advertising for NGF or does it also offer some background about the festival.

If you normally get mailouts, I would expect you will get a similar version soon - the 3D bit is available on the Austrian website. It is an ad for NGF, with some details on what is new and it also has a 3D bit to. Anthony - have you got a copy? If not, I am happy to scan and send over for the collection.

dagobert

Quote from: "Adam"
Quote from: "dagobert"Do you get this mailout only in the UK? Is this just an advertising for NGF or does it also offer some background about the festival.

If you normally get mailouts, I would expect you will get a similar version soon - the 3D bit is available on the Austrian website. It is an ad for NGF, with some details on what is new and it also has a 3D bit to. Anthony - have you got a copy? If not, I am happy to scan and send over for the collection.

Thanks for the answer. I will take a look on the website. It's really not necessary to scan the mailout. Nevertheless thanks for the offer.