Disney's Halloween Festival 2009

Started by Anthony, July 16, 2009, 08:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Any show with Clopin, Esmerelda and Genie gets a thumbs up from me.
Maleficient seems to have an awfully posh accent too.  :P
Nice use of the fireworks spotlights also.

I've noticed that a lot of the shows this year have had a lot more french dialogue than it has been over the last few years, I think anyway.

Ideally of course, this show should be closing the park every evening instead of the rubbish ending that is on now.

luke85

That show looks great, I've never seen Esmerelda or Clopin in the parks, so it was great to see them being included in something for once!

Elwell2009

That show is amazing why cant we have this during the day during halloween insteed of these pay events ???

Annet

I love that video! Can't wait to see it next week.
It would be great to have it during the regular Halloween-days too.

Elwell2009

Quote from: "dlrpkris"I even like the Cavalcade this year. No idea why!
 http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xasera ... shortfilms

Before we had the cars from stars and cars what did the cavalcade used to be ?

Anthony

I don't think there was one last year, since Not-So-Scary was confined to Fantasyland. There was just some small show on the Castle Courtyard.

Isn't this cavalcade just Stars 'n' Cars with a few extra characters? Most people will have seen it a few hours earlier, and have now paid €20 or whatever to see it again. The cars haven't been changed at all, there's no reference to Halloween anywhere. It's like they just pulled it out to pad the event out a bit... and I'm being generous with the "like" there.

Edit: In fact last year they ran the Disney Characters Express with its Halloween dressing: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/photosm ... art_travel (7mins in)

Masamune

:( So wish I was going sometime soon! That show is amazing!

Anthony

This is really not appropriate for Town Square:

http://www.dlrptimes.com/article-photos ... 42946.html

It used to be hidden away near Central Plaza, now its the grand welcome decoration?!

Yes, I'm sure every small town in Missouri circa 1900 celebrated Halloween like that...

Aveen2008

I seen Mickey's not so scary show at my friends house yesterday, she went to the first one and we were watching her video from the holiday and I thought the show was amazing!! It made me want to go so bad and if I could afford it I would fly over just to see that show this month!I love Emeralda and the hunchback of notre dame songs etc and I was so happy to see them!! =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

I am not usually a big fan of character shows on stage etc but I loved it! :D/
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Anthony"I don't think there was one last year, since Not-So-Scary was confined to Fantasyland. There was just some small show on the Castle Courtyard.

Isn't this cavalcade just Stars 'n' Cars with a few extra characters? Most people will have seen it a few hours earlier, and have now paid €20 or whatever to see it again. The cars haven't been changed at all, there's no reference to Halloween anywhere. It's like they just pulled it out to pad the event out a bit... and I'm being generous with the "like" there.

Edit: In fact last year they ran the Disney Characters Express with its Halloween dressing: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/photosm ... art_travel (7mins in)

I totally agree with this! I love the show on central plaza stage(seen on a friends home video) but the cavalcade looked really really disappointing! They seem to think they can just reuse things and that people will still be happy enough as long as theres a character about! Just like Goodmorning walt disney studios and the toon train...same 3 piece set used, both looking equally pathetic, a car pulling 3 scenes.....such little effort or magic in it at all!

Sorry for going a bit off topic and having a rant :oops:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Gareth

Halloween looks amazing i was sooo tron betwwen this and xmas i rlly hope i made the right dessison :D but i love all of the spokky props and all i love it  :D/

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Annet

I think that thing is hideous too Anthony, hope they get rid of it next year.

I'm also a bit disappointed about the cavalcade, but on the other hand I'm still really really looking forward to my trip ;)

Magicalmouse125

Quote from: "Anthony"This is really not appropriate for Town Square:

http://www.dlrptimes.com/article-photos ... 42946.html

It used to be hidden away near Central Plaza, now its the grand welcome decoration?!

Yes, I'm sure every small town in Missouri circa 1900 celebrated Halloween like that...
I remember that! :)
It used to be tucked right away. Near the entrance to Frontierland. Almost hidden by trees! (for a reason) I completly agree with you Anthony it should not be in town square! :shock:  :?
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

dlrpkris

It shouldn't be a decoration at all. They should've kept the wheels on and use in in the parade (just like they did for the Halloween Happenings)
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

never2old

Quote from: "dlrpkris"It shouldn't be a decoration at all. They should've kept the wheels on and use in in the parade (just like they did for the Halloween Happenings)

Is that what it is, a float?

It's the most hideous decoration ever, and completely out of place with everything else (the skull and the green dwarves, eugh!) every year I hope that it will have an accident and not make it back... and now they go and put it right in town square... bit of a shock to see it there when we walked into the park  :shock: