Toy Story & Toy Story 2: in 3D/on Blu-ray

Started by Anthony, January 25, 2008, 08:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Here's a nice Friday evening treat for you all :wink:

http://www.movietickets.com/trailers2.a ... vxr=590057
Thanks for posting! I do love Rex!

Gareth

I found out yesterday that there is a cinema like 20 mins away from me that play 3d films coz the one at the bottom of my road dosent so YAY i can see this heheh so exited :D:D:D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Anthony

Despite one of them being my favourite film of all time, I'm not sure if I'll bother with these after all.

Double feature? Yes absolutely, first in line! Seeing each film separately, four months apart, and paying that ridiculous 3D premium price for each? No thank you. What's the point?

Nicholas-c

[youtube:gkzc72qu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAkL53ptOUA[/youtube:gkzc72qu]

[youtube:gkzc72qu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHA4yiXFRtE[/youtube:gkzc72qu]
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Eager_Eyes

Just come back from watching Toy Story in 3D and all can say is wow, it was amazing.  I really enjoyed it quite a lot. Can't believe it was possible as it was one of my fave movies when younger but I'd forgotten just how great that film was to start off with.  I also I spotted the A113 reference and a grape soda logo that seems somewhat similar to the one that is going to be in Up but I'll have to wait for next week for that one!

Clarebelle

We saw it on Friday and yes WOW is pretty much all we can say :lol: coast 2 of us £40 though not quite so impressed but its the price you pay
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

CafeFantasia

I don't want to come across as Mr Negative, but I saw Toy Story in 3D the other day, and it wasn't all that great. The film was excellent. Toy Story is Toy Story, a very smart, funny film.

But the 3D effect was a disappointment. There wasn't much depth to the effect. It looked 50% 3D. The characters looked flat, with a few layers of depth going on in the background. There wasn't anything that came OUT of the screen. It didn't make me go "wow". The 3D effect simply wasn't as impressive as in Shrek 4D or Mickey's PhilharMagic.

Also, the projection was darker, with a lower contrast and less saturated colours than you normally get with a 2D digital projection. The film looked sort of murky and muted, not super bright and colourful. And the flimsy lenses of the 3D glasses took away some of the clarity, making the film appear slightly smeary and out-of-focus.

I'm glad that I've finally seen a full-length film in 3D. But in the future I'll be choosing 2D over 3D, if that choice is available.

luke85

I think the problem is that these films were never intended to be 3D originally. They're trying to make 2D films into 3D, which is going to have a completely different effect than making a film in 3D from the very beginning.

peep

^^Alan, the projection isn't darker or anything but the glasses are tinted which creates the darker image.

I've seen loads of films in 3D and at some point I want to see this, hopefully I can get to a screening within the next week.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Gareth

i saw this yesterday and it was my first ever 3D film that does not use the red and blue glasses and i thought it was FANTASTIC my lil bro was like awww thing dident really come tawrds us and i keep telling him that the film was never made to be like that so if you keep that in mind its amazing and overall its disney and pixar and toy sotry what more could you want

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

The Butlin Boy

I've just come back from seeing Toy Story in 3D too. I thought that the 3D was good, but for me, just seeing Toy Story on the big screen (again? Not sure if I saw the first one, I'll have to look into that), it really did bring it all back to me. So thank you Pixar for allowing me to relive my childhood again :mrgreen:

Clarebelle

I know what you mean, its great to see the "old" films again in full glory on the big screen! I wish they still did it, maybe it will be a start of a revision of all Disney films and maybe cinemas could offer these at a lower price per ticket, get people going to the cinema again
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Alan"I don't want to come across as Mr Negative, but I saw Toy Story in 3D the other day, and it wasn't all that great. The film was excellent. Toy Story is Toy Story, a very smart, funny film.

But the 3D effect was a disappointment. There wasn't much depth to the effect. It looked 50% 3D. The characters looked flat, with a few layers of depth going on in the background. There wasn't anything that came OUT of the screen. It didn't make me go "wow". The 3D effect simply wasn't as impressive as in Shrek 4D or Mickey's PhilharMagic.

Also, the projection was darker, with a lower contrast and less saturated colours than you normally get with a 2D digital projection. The film looked sort of murky and muted, not super bright and colourful. And the flimsy lenses of the 3D glasses took away some of the clarity, making the film appear slightly smeary and out-of-focus.

Spot on. Worth £8.80 (local cinema price) No.
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

peep

I saw Toy Story in 3D earlier at the cinema. I have seen loads of films in 3D but there was hardly any 3D effect on this film at all. I feel kinda duped into paying more money for this screening, I expected better from Disney as imo they are one of the best companies producing 3D films. The whole split of the two movies in the UK just adds insult to injury though...BOOOO

On a happier note, it felt a lot more detailed than the DVD release, can't wait for it to come on to blu-ray.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

TowMater

I saw this last Wednesday in 3D, It was truely brilliant.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century