Breeno's Trip Report 9th-13th July 2009

Started by -breeno-, July 08, 2009, 01:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Another great update Luke, I really enjoyed reading it. I'm looking forward to the rest :)

Quote from: "-breeno-"...and The Magic of Disneyland by Tim Babb ( :mrgreen: ).

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I love this shot Luke, it's your best so far. Well done :wink:

-breeno-

Time for the next installment ("'BOUT TIME!!" i hear you shout :P  :lol: )

Day 2 - Part 2

So we left Disneyland Park and headed over to Walt Disney Studios Park, which didn't properly open until 10am so we had a little while to wait in the park before we could go on anything.  But, we seen the queuing had already started for one attraction

Yep you guessed it, thats the queue for [strike:1342m1mf]flying carpets[/strike:1342m1mf] Crush.  So that was a no for today.

So we decided to have a walkabout, where i seen the Stitch Live! building which was under refurb

You can also spot the new kiosk which is coming, look a lot more bare than it is now.  We then walked up Backlot, but nothing was open yet, perfect excuse for some photos :mrgreen:

After that we then sat down by La Teressa to wait for ToT's fastpass to open and get a bite to eat.  But that didn't stop getting a few more snaps

Just after i took the above photo, i looked around and saw this

Yeah, i know i was kinda the wrong way round :lol:   Just my luck eh? :roll:  :P

We then got a quick bite from one of the trailers, by then ToT had opened, so, we fastpassed it and headed over to Rock n Rollercoaster, for me to go on it for the first time :mrgreen:

From the moment i stepped into the building i was blown away.  Them concert posters and memorabilia are great, speaking of which, are they real or just replicas?  The pre-show is great as well.  Actually got a funny story from it.  As you know when you enter you hear someone say "please no flash photography", anyway someone decided not to listen to this and carried on taking photos.  But, when Steve something-or-other (lead singer of Aerosmith) walks in, timing couldn't be better.  Just as the guy took a photo with the flash on, Steve went "Hey!... Whats happening out there people?"  Also when he said "Hey!", it looked like he was actually pointing at the guy with the camera.  Made me laugh :P  Anyway onto the main attraction.  And it, was, AMAZING!!  I regret so much i didn't go on this earlier, oh how i loved it.  Everything was incredible, i even got the best soundtrack train on my first go (Love in an elevator and Walk this way) 8)  Why i say it's the best is because it's the only two songs in RnRC i know the words of, so i sang along, and i can't sing! :lol:  Those poor people on the train with me, they couldn't escape from a 15 year old Northern Ireland lad killing an Aerosmith classic :lol:

After i left the amazing ride that was RnRC we walked back down Backlot and seen two CMs trying to get people to go into Armageddon, so we joined them.  Why not?  Was another attraction i've never been on.  I remember reading on here and hearing from people that the pre-show is about 15 minutes, where the actually main show is on 5 minutes.  Anyway i have to say the pre-show is enjoyable, it's very cool the way they have Michael Clarke Duncan as narrator.  He's such a cool actor 8)  Although, it did seem to drag on, and i wouldn't want to watch it a number on times, which i would have to do if i wanted to go on this again.  Anyway onto the main show.  The main part of the attraction is very well done, good effects and everything.  Although it is a little short (especially after the pre-show) and there was a massive crowd in with us so we couldn't really get a good look around.

After are visit to the Russian Space Station our fastpass for the Tower of Terror was ready.  Finally, time to drop back into the Twilight Zone for the first time in a year :mrgreen:   As usual, ToT was fantastic, the library show was in french and the main attraction audio was in english.  Can't really decided which one i prefer in English.  Not matter what it is though i always like to do my own dubbing with "The Twilight Zone" at the end :P

By now it was around 12:20am so we decided to leave WDS and head back to Disneyland Park.  And quite fittingly we left with the theme from the movie "The Great Escape" playing in the background :lol:

TO BE CONTINUED....

Very, very, very sorry this one is embarrassingly short.  Just need to find the time, which i can't :(
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

bigrossco

day 2 reads great and great picture

BUT

as Aveen says We Want More !  :D/
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Javey74

Thanks for squeezing that little update in there, I know it must be hard, finding the time. But if Pete asks, it took you ages as there was a lot of house work to do today..  :lol:

Also, I've heard these Summer opening times have been playing havoc, but I didn't know that the Studios was open at 12:20am, and then to head back over to the DP, which must be still open after that..  :lol:  :mrgreen:  Phheww..  :mrgreen:

It was really light aswell for that time..  :lol:

Quote from: "-breeno-"By now it was around 12:20am so we decided to leave WDS and head back to Disneyland Park.
Sorry Luke I couldn't resist that one..  :P  :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the next update, with more photies.  Thanks for taking a little more time out..  :wink:  :D

SophieD

Thanks for the update Breeno!!
You are successfully keeping us all in suspension!!  :lol:  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

-breeno-

Quote from: "Javey74"Thanks for squeezing that little update in there, I know it must be hard, finding the time. But if Pete asks, it took you ages as there was a lot of house work to do today..  :lol:

Also, I've heard these Summer opening times have been playing havoc, but I didn't know that the Studios was open at 12:20am, and then to head back over to the DP, which must be still open after that..  :lol:  :mrgreen:  Phheww..  :mrgreen:

It was really light aswell for that time..  :lol:

Quote from: "-breeno-"By now it was around 12:20am so we decided to leave WDS and head back to Disneyland Park.
Sorry Luke I couldn't resist that one..  :P  :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the next update, with more photies.  Thanks for taking a little more time out..  :wink:  :D

There you are, a perfect example i don't have much time these days, despite they fact i proof read this... twice, i still left that mistake in.  Well spotted i much say :mrgreen:  :lol:

Thanks everyone for your comments again, Part 3 may be released tomorrow.
- Walt Disney

Pete's Dragon

Yeah !!!! Trip Report. It's a small step for Breeno, one giant leap.......

Just one question...

I'm pretty certain I know what's on the other side of those. Why are you sitting taking multiple photos instead of running like a madman towards them ?
Oh wait, that's what I would have done

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Yeah !!!! Trip Report. It's a small step for Breeno, one giant leap.......

Just one question...

I'm pretty certain I know what's on the other side of those. Why are you sitting taking multiple photos instead of running like a madman towards them ?

Hehe I have to say I was kinda thinking that too  :wink:  :P  lol

Thanks for the update breeno! :D/  Great photos too, can't wait for more!

oh and omg!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  I really can't believe that I haven't seen it like that before..

Luv Aveen xoxo

Pete's Dragon

I can't believe that queue either. I didn't think Crush was that good to be perfectly honest, and def. not worth waiting 1/2 day to go on. You could cover most of WDS in the same time

-breeno-

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"I'm pretty certain I know what's on the other side of those. Why are you sitting taking multiple photos instead of running like a madman towards them ?

Two reasons really;

1.  My parents were up at the trailer thing getting the food at this stage, i'm sure they would of loved it seeing me leg it after the Toon Train after paying a fortune on food :P

2.  I was very happy sitting on that bench, relaxing and enjoying the view (*cough* lazy *cough*)
- Walt Disney

Annet

I've been on Crush's Coaster only once, the queue was about 45 minutes then.
Now it's always almost more than an hour, I'd rather spend that time better.

And I think it's great that you sang along in the Rock 'n Roller Coaster.
First time I went on that one, I was so busy screaming I didn't even hear the music :P

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"oh and omg!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  I really can't believe that I haven't seen it like that before..
When we went in February 2009 there were 3 queues..  :shock:  :shock:

One queue was the same length as what you've just seen and another one again the same length running parallel to it.  Also another queue about half that length start to form near the Flying Carpets..  :shock:  :shock:  :roll:

We joined the shortest one, and eventually ended up just 9th in line..  :wink:  :D

bigrossco

OMG lines of people in the Studio's that must be a DLP first!!!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for the little but good update... Once again great photos and good comments.

Keep it coming, Breeno :D (but take your time)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "Aveen2008"oh and omg!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  I really can't believe that I haven't seen it like that before..
When we went in February 2009 there were 3 queues..  :shock:  :shock:

One queue was the same length as what you've just seen and another one again the same length running parallel to it.  Also another queue about half that length start to form near the Flying Carpets..  :shock:  :shock:  :roll:

We joined the shortest one, and eventually ended up just 9th in line..  :wink:  :D

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  what is so good about this ride lol??? unless I was staying for quite a long time and absolutely loved this ride or thought I would love it I wouldn't queue that long! Although in saying that I did queue once for like an hour to meet Cinderella :P  :oops:  but hey she is royalty! :wink:

I think many people see the ride and think "hmm Crush coaster...well anything based on Finding nemo can't be bad, I love that film" and they go on it not realising it's a roller'coaster'! Also maybe people see the queue and think 'wow this must be a good ride look at that queue!' and they decide to join to see!! :P
Luv Aveen xoxo