Breeno's Trip Report 9th-13th July 2009

Started by -breeno-, July 08, 2009, 01:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Thanks for your comments :D

Sorry it's a little short, in a bit of a rush tonight.  But, i have ALL day tomorrow to conclude the first day :mrgreen:

Aveen - no it's not really that dangerous, they have pretty high walls at either end of the path and there's a good stretch of fencing between where the path is to the end of the building, so it'd be pretty hard to fall off :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Javey74

I really enjoyed reading that breeno.  It brings back memories of some flights I've had with Easyjet with kids doing the same things with their trays, and with the parents looking on thinking it's funny..   :x  :roll:

Just mentioning the Santa Fe, gets me alert since it's a hotel we have spend 5 out of the 6 visits in.  The cardboard Mickey just outside La Cantina, all to memorable from February..  :D/  :D/  :D/

By the way, that taxi ride, I don't think it was Marc, the one who drove us there and back in Feb 09, he had shorter grey/black hair, wore glasses, really nice to talk to aswell.  But the seatbelt you mentioned had a definite ring of memory with the first taxi we got to DLRP on our 4th visit, mentioned in my first trip report I ever wrote on here..  :mrgreen:

Love the roof shots, I can't say I've been up there.  I'll have a wander up next time me thinks to look at those views..  :wink:

Thanks for that update on your report, really brought back all the memories from our last trip. I must say looking at the photos and just talking about the Santa Fe in general got me tingling..  8)

See how easy I'm getting excited now, and that's before you've really started..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Looking ever forward to the rest..  :D/  :D/  :D/

CentralPlazaPerson

Great trip report so far Breeno!!!  =D>

-breeno-

Just to let you all know, i've put an index onto the first page, just incase this gets very cluttered up :)

Part 3 coming very soon! ;)
- Walt Disney

-breeno-

Time for the third and final part of Day 1 :D

Day 1 - Part 3

So we left La Cantina and to the bus stop area outside the hotel, then i remembered something Javey said in his trip report.  I remembered him saying that Santa Fe only has one bus, whereas Cheyenne had two, but it didn't matter just yet, as we arrived to the bus stop in perfect timing, just as the bus arrived.  We then entered the bus and before we knew it, was at our destination, the bus stops.  So we walked past the Disney Village,

And the Studios, which now was closed,

Past the security tents, along Fantasia gardens, through the Disneyland Hotel and ended up in...

Main Street USA, i was home :mrgreen:

We walked up Main Street and straight to the information sign, to check queue times, where i noticed Plaza Gardens was under a refurb

Star Tours had an usual short queue, so we headed over to Discoveryland, to ride Star Tours for the first time since i've watched the Star Wars movies.  Star Tours is the reason i wanted to see the Star Wars movies, and now i'm a huge fan of them.  But would the experience be any different, now i understand the story better, know who the aliens in the queue are etc?  And i'm happy to say, it did.  It was a better all round experience because i got a few more of the gags etc.  I spent ages studying the poster at the start of the queue with the Star Wars planets, glad to see all them are present that were in the original trilogy.  Although, i probably looked like a real nerd when i was on it, as i was constantly telling my mum Star Tours trivia, like the way it's the actual Chewie in the video before boarding, and the story about George Lucas and the camera.  What made me look more like a nerd though was what i was wearing, a Star Wars t-shirt :lol:   As for the ride itself it was great as usual.  A little thing that always makes me chuckle at the end, as soon as the screen goes up and C3PO starts talking again, everyone goes to unfasten their seat belts, but they're still locked in until the doors open, it's funny hearing the sound of everyone's belt clicking and the confused faces all round :P  Once leaving the ride i got to work attempting to take photos of the posters at the exit, and as you can see, failing :P

After that we then went along the exit to the arcade

Thats the t-shirt i was wearing, you can also notice i need to fix the red eye on that photo, although it makes me look evil.  I'm moving closer to the dark side of the force :twisted:

Space Mountain had too long of a queue and wasn't doing the fastpass anymore so there was no point going on it tonight, so we left Discoveryland, walked past the castle

And to the wild west that is Frontierland

Like Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain's queue was too long and had no fastpass operating, so it was a no go, time to pay a visit to Ravenswood Manor then :mrgreen:

One of the many doors i would like to go through :mrgreen:

The ride itself was no different, fantastic as usual.  Apart from 3 little faults, the skeleton that climbs out of the grave wasn't working, the 2nd singing head from the left was a bit dimmer compared to the other three and the end Phantom's jaw wasn't moving, apart from that everything else was working perfectly.

After that we took a quick look in the shop in Frontierland (is there only 1?) before we dandered off to Adventureland, where i spotted this and just had to get a photo wearing it :P

You can't really see it right but it's one of them reggee hats, i ended up buying one a few days later :lol:

After that it was time to get my daily dose of thrill on Indiana Jones :D  Was only the 2nd time i've ever been on it, but i still loved it.  I remember thinking to myself when i stepped off the train to the exit, "I'm finally here" 8)  :P

After that we walked past Hakuna Matata and noticed something i haven't seen in a long, long time

It was open! :o  :P   I don't know if it's just me but every time we've went to DLP it's always been closed, apart from the early years when i was just a kid, i was a little shocked to see it actually opened.

It was about 9:05pm now, and somehow the queue for POTC was 20 minutes, couldn't really be bothered wait that long so we headed out of Adventureland via the main entrance.

Sorry for the bad photo but i think i found who laid this egg

:P

We then ended up back in Main Street

Now, i remember The Helmsman asked me if i could get some photos of Harrington's, so, keeping to my word, i did.
Apologies for the bad quality photos, hope i got what you were looking for!

Also, Honey asked me to check the price of the Vinyl Disney Line.  Well Honey, a large one is €39.90, and a small one is €9.90 :D

We then had a look through all the shops on the right side of Main Street, including

:mrgreen:

We then left Main Street via Liberty arcade and exited the park, at this stage it was reaching towards 10:15pm so we decided to get back to the hotel.  But, when we were waiting for the Santa Fe bus, we noticed something

Where has the seats gone?  Surely they weren't stolen, how could someone manage walk off with one of them?  Let alone two! :shock:

Anyway after our long wait for the bus we eventually arrived back at Santa Fe, where we decided to head to the bar to relax.  Now here's something interesting.  Where we sat was the exact same place we sat 6 years ago when i was last in the hotel, which was the second circular table to the left as soon as you walk in.  Anyway as for the bar it was great, wasn't too busy but nor was it empty.  Had a glass of coca-cola or two (and i'm wearing a brace, naughty naughty :shock: :oops:  ).  Then, around midnight or so, we left the bar to get back to the hotel room for some well earned rest.

And that concludes day 1 of my Trip Report :D  I should get to work on day 2 either tonight or tomorrow.
- Walt Disney

Aveen2008

another great addition to the report!

Good to see Hakuna Matata open, as you said it really rarely is! Also great to see Sale signs up..never really seen anything for sale in harringtons before hehe!
Luv Aveen xoxo

burntsienna

Another fanastic installment! I can't wait for the rest!
I loooove the photographs! :mrgreen:
And...I have to agree with Hakuna Matata...I haven't seen it open in a long time!  :o
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Javey74

Another real interesting read breeno, though I can't remember saying anything about the bus quantities between the Santa Fe and the Cheyenne.  I know we walked to the Cheyenne more as it was easier to get on there than the length of the queues at the Santa Fe bustop..  :?  :mrgreen:

By the way did you see how much they were selling the Disney Tradition Princesses on horse back, probably more than here I expect (£24.99 - £28.99)..  :)

Also I always loved that neon Road Runner, thanks for taking a shot of that..  =D>

Once again thanks for sharing, I'm now looking forward to the next update..  :D/  :D/  :D/

SophieD

A great start to your trip report Breeno!!
I loved the Panoramic views of Santa Fe!!
Can't wait to read the next installments!!!
=)
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

-breeno-

Thanks all for your comments :D

Quote from: "Javey74"Another real interesting read breeno, though I can't remember saying anything about the bus quantities between the Santa Fe and the Cheyenne.  I know we walked to the Cheyenne more as it was easier to get on there than the length of the queues at the Santa Fe bustop..  :?  :mrgreen:

Hmm i must be making things up then, never mind :mrgreen:

Also when i was in Harrington's i was looking for the Disney Traditions because i know you collect them, but i have no idea what they look like :lol:  Maybe i took a picture of them (i did try to get everything in the shop).
- Walt Disney

Javey74

Quote from: "-breeno-"Thanks all for your comments :D

Quote from: "Javey74"Another real interesting read breeno, though I can't remember saying anything about the bus quantities between the Santa Fe and the Cheyenne.  I know we walked to the Cheyenne more as it was easier to get on there than the length of the queues at the Santa Fe bustop..  :?  :mrgreen:

Hmm i must be making things up then, never mind :mrgreen:

Also when i was in Harrington's i was looking for the Disney Traditions because i know you collect them, but i have no idea what they look like :lol:  Maybe i took a picture of them (i did try to get everything in the shop).

Actually you did take a shot of them>>

:D

-breeno-

Ahh them.  Sorry i have no idea what price they were.  Wasn't really looking up there, i'm guessing they'd be the same as what they usually are, but as you said, probably a bit more as it's DLP.
- Walt Disney

bigrossco

hay hay buddy

great report so far as well as great photo's

did i spot some xmas decorations?!?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for sharing your great report of the first day Luke, I'm looking forward to seeing what you got up to over the following days :wink:

Hakuna Matata... OPEN! :shock:  :roll:

dagobert

Nice trip report and great pictures!! Thanks for sharing it!