[WDW] Monorail crash, operator killed

Started by Anthony, July 05, 2009, 04:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deadman

i had a old friend down there when that happened, hopefully she wasnt on it

Mrs. Jennes

i heard there are videos or pictures (I'm not sure if they both exist) of the crash!
Does anyone have them? oO
i really can't imagine the accident in my mind but i'm sure it must have been horrible.
There weren't any accidents like this in DLRP right?

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

-breeno-

Quote from: "Mrs. Jennes"i heard there are videos or pictures (I'm not sure if they both exist) of the crash!
i really can't imagine the accident in my mind but i'm sure it must have been horrible.

Well last year (i think) a 14 year old girl died after going on RnRC, it was later confirmed that he girl had a medical condition.  Also last year as well a young child was killed at the Explorers Hotel (may not have been explorers i'm not sure, it was one of the hotels just out of the resort).
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Deadman

Quote from: "Mrs. Jennes"i heard there are videos or pictures (I'm not sure if they both exist) of the crash!

theres no video of the actual crash, just of the passengers getting off the trains

Mrs. Jennes

Quote from: "-breeno-"

Well last year (i think) a 14 year old girl died after going on RnRC, it was later confirmed that he girl had a medical condition.  Also last year as well a young child was killed at the Explorers Hotel (may not have been explorers i'm not sure, it was one of the hotels just out of the resort).

oh right, i remember the accident on RNRC now, i totallx forgot it!
but okay it wasn't Disney's fault, same like the accident in the hotel.

RnRCj

In the link below is a video of Austin (the driver) just days before he was killed. Read the article with it, it's heartbreaking. :(

//http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-disney-monorail-austin-wuennenberg-070709,0,2265988.story

Anthony

Thanks for the link.

Wow, he was an awesome Cast Member. :)

The Butlin Boy

Wow, watching that video just makes the whole thing even more tragic for me as a Disney Parks fan. Not only was he a Disney CM, but I'd go as far as to describe him as a model CM for what he did. The way he talked to the family on the monorail, how he listed off all of that genuine trivia, and my favourite part, when he tells them that it runs on magic...and electricity, are the kind of things that make a CM, Disney. May he rest in peace. :(

Mrs. Jennes

i almost cried. it's not fair and it's very awful. i hope thigs like these will never ever happen again,,,

bigrossco

someone pass me a tissue

that is so sad :( poor Austin and he sure dose look like the best CM ever
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Walts heir

how tragic