UK Shareholders - Selftrade introduce annual management fee

Started by ICHAPMAN, June 03, 2009, 10:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICHAPMAN

All,

Bit of a warning as I've only just learn't this.  If you hold your Eurodisney SCA shares with Selftrade they are introducing a £40.25 annual account management fee.

This will be introduced from July 2009.

For more information -> http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ?t=1710569

Regards

Iain

Willow

Ouch.
I have my Disney and Euro Disney shares with Halifax, I don't have a lot of money invested so I'd never pay £40 a year.

Alpop

Quote from: "Willow"Ouch.
I have my Disney and Euro Disney shares with Halifax, I don't have a lot of money invested so I'd never pay £40 a year.

This is the same for me. Fingers crossed they won't introduce fees.

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "Alpop"
Quote from: "Willow"Ouch.

This is the same for me. Fingers crossed they won't introduce fees.

Well likewise, as I'm in the process of trying to move my holding from Selftrade to Halifax.

DisneyObsessive

Thanks for the advice Iain

I would have missed it without you.  I am looking into transfering my shares into Pure Registared Shares.  My understanding is that if I do that Caleis will manage my shares for me for free.  As I will never want to sell them I think this will be the easiest way.   The other advantage is that because Disney know about you they send more information to you like your invite to the annual general meeting.  However the information about this is not great so I may me mistaken about the whole thing.

I think Selftrade are a bit naughty in the way they are doing this at relativly short notice.

I'd be interested to know what you wind up doing.

Joseph Carter

I applied to become a user of selftrade. But havent sent them a bank statement or sent back the form etc. So basically I applied but have NO shares. Will I be charged??
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

Elaine

I didn't send them my bank statement either, but I still have an open account with them (I applied online), so I'll be charged.
I think you should check with them, if you have an account with them, my understanding is you'll be charged the £40 fee. If you have no share stock bought with them, you will have time to download the account closure form and send it to them before 1st July, which is when the fee is levied from.

Elaine

Joseph Carter

Thanks for that. I will definatley contact them.
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

Yesnid

Has anyone transferred their shares from Selftrade yet and if so to who (and how). I only signed up with them to get the Shareholder's Club discounts and if I am paying £40 a year then it pretty much cancels out any savings.

I am tempted to just cancel my account with them and lose the shares. I still have a year and a half membership of the Shareholder's Club and might just call it a day after that.

Clarebelle

As far as I was aware if you sell your shares you forfit you membership. Or at least that was what we understood  :oops:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]