DLR / WDW | Star Tours 2 - The Adventures Continue

Started by Willow, May 05, 2009, 12:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

For every video I watch from the D23 Expo I get more and more jealous on the people who can be there :lol: it seems so magical and this video/announcement sure is no exception!

I have actually never tried Star Tours (not a big fan of this kind of ride), but I have to agree that I would like to see most of the new adventure still themed on ep. 4-6 as those are thousands times better than ep. 1-3.

However, the pod racing scene seems to be pretty spectacular and the idea of alternative scenes for each "show" sounds very appealing to me.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

davewasbaloo

This looks like it could be awesome!  WDW finally getting a decent upgrade to their poor Fantasyland. DCA getting lots of amazing e-tickets. New Star Tours that is the state of the art going to the US. Tokyo is getting some more minor character attractions (ok, not that cool). HKDL is getting Mystic Point and Grizzly Trail - awesome.

DLP - not looking great for the future. A real shame. And people wonder why I get grumpy when there is excitement about this Toy Story Playland.
since 2001 (many before that)

CafeFantasia

Tokyo is getting Toy Story Mania and Mickey's PhilharMagic. Pretty nice additions I think.

-breeno-

Quote from: "Anthony"but there's a risk it could be pushed out of DLP's price range and we'd be stuck in the 80s forever...
[-o<  [-o<   :mrgreen:  ;)

Regarding the queue line i'd expect it to change, being as we're jumping trilogys.  I don't know what the US Star Tours queue lines are like but if they're anything like DLP's, expect to see Jar Jar Binks in place of C3PO ;)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

The Disneyland Story at Disneyland California have added some items about Star Tours 2:

:arrow: http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dateli ... -more.html

Anthony

Very nice! It appears to look even more fashionably '80s than the old livery.

dagobert

Do you think there is a real chance that DLRP will also get Star Tours II? I think the upgrade will be expensive and I'm not sure if DLRP can afford it at the moment, but the ride really needs the upgrade.

CafeFantasia

Of all the new attractions rumoured for Disneyland Park (Paris), I'd say Star Tours 2 seems the most likely. It should be the most affordable, simply because it's an upgrade to an existing attraction, rather than an entirely new attraction built from scratch (e.g. The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure).

But, this is Disneyland Paris we're talking about. Expect the attraction no earlier than some far off date such as 2017.

What you're best off doing is saving up for a trip to either Walt Disney World in Florida, or Disneyland Resort in California. That way you'll be able to experience Star Tours 2 in 2011, under 2 years from now, rather than waiting away an entire decade of your life.

alka1

Imagineer Tony Baxter was interviewed at the recent Captain EO event in Disneyland. This is what he had to say about Star Tours 2:

QuoteEndorExpress: Right. Cutting to the chase now, any update on Star Tours 2 coming up?

Baxter: Well, it's coming up!

EndorExpress: It's coming up and is 2011 still the launch?

Baxter: This year we will be closing the current show and there'll probably be an announcement about that – and yeah, sometime in mid 2011.

EndorExpress: And it will be a 3D event as well?

Baxter: Yeah, it's awesome, you'll be able to go on it a million times without seeing all the stuff that we've put in there, yeah.

EndorExpress: So are you saying that there will be variables like in the Indiana Jones Adventure?

Baxter: It's going to have a lot of you know, things. ...Surprises.

EndorExpress: Different destinations?

Baxter: Well. There are a lot of places to go in the universe. [Laughs]

//http://www.endorexpress.net/special-features/baxter-interview/

QTXAdsy

Quote from: "alka1"Imagineer Tony Baxter was interviewed at the recent Captain EO event in Disneyland. This is what he had to say about Star Tours 2:

QuoteEndorExpress: Right. Cutting to the chase now, any update on Star Tours 2 coming up?

Baxter: Well, it's coming up!

EndorExpress: It's coming up and is 2011 still the launch?

Baxter: This year we will be closing the current show and there'll probably be an announcement about that – and yeah, sometime in mid 2011.

EndorExpress: And it will be a 3D event as well?

Baxter: Yeah, it's awesome, you'll be able to go on it a million times without seeing all the stuff that we've put in there, yeah.

EndorExpress: So are you saying that there will be variables like in the Indiana Jones Adventure?

Baxter: It's going to have a lot of you know, things. ...Surprises.

EndorExpress: Different destinations?

Baxter: Well. There are a lot of places to go in the universe. [Laughs]

//http://www.endorexpress.net/special-features/baxter-interview/

Mmm, It seems that the multiply ending idea seems true, but they are still keeping a lot of information under their belts. :)  

Could be a very big surprise we get.

Here Come The Belgians!

guest3474

I have heard a rumour (and only a rumour,mind you) that ST II will be relocated to the Studios in Backlot to free up space in Discoveryland. Anyone know if this is true or speculation?

Cheers, Whip

luke85

I would love this idea! It would free-up some space to create some new Discoveryland attractions that really encapsulate the theme of Discovery! Plus Backlot at WDS needs all the help it can get...

Anthony

Well I'd love it too, but I don't think DLP have cash to splash on things like "freeing up space" in Discoveryland, do they? Sounds like wishful thinking of someone.

Surprising how quiet things are around Star Tours 2 at the moment. Rare case of WDI keeping secrets?

luke85

Quote from: "Anthony"Surprising how quiet things are around Star Tours 2 at the moment. Rare case of WDI keeping secrets?

Yeah I was thinking that too. After they did the short preview at D23 I thought they would gradually release more info to the public. Perhaps they really want to keep everything a surprise for the fans!

JelleP

Quote from: "Whip"I have heard a rumour (and only a rumour,mind you) that ST II will be relocated to the Studios in Backlot to free up space in Discoveryland. Anyone know if this is true or speculation?

It would be great if they did that!
Backlot gets a new attractions (and it really needs that :roll:) and I think Star Tours don't fit in Discoveryland at all, so it would be a wise choise...  [-o<
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]