DLR / WDW | Star Tours 2 - The Adventures Continue

Started by Willow, May 05, 2009, 12:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

"On the Set of Star Tours with C-3PO"

:arrow: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ith-c-3po/

Please DLP, for your 20th, please...

dagobert

The new Starspeeder looks great with the red colours. ST II would be perfect for the 20th birthday. It wouldn't be as expensive as building a new attraction. Considering DLRP's financial situation it would be perfect and the current ST is really dated.

Dlrpfan

Really cant wait :D any thoughts as to why they have changed the star speader colour from blue to red?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

sebassah

that looks soooo cool! I cant wait!

dagobert

The new pilot of the Starspeeder 3000 will be C3PO!!! What great news!

From the official Disney Parks Blog:

As explained earlier, all Star Tours Starspeeder 1000s are flown using the latest AC-series Tour Droids. And in fact, our initial plans were for our flight to be piloted by AC-38 better known as "Ace." However, in discussions with George Lucas during the course of our production, we decided to take the story in a very different direction.

So...while AC-38 is supposed to be our pilot, by the time we actually take off, the droid sitting in the pilot's seat will be none other than...C-3PO!

It's one of the biggest changes and surprises in the new show. "Professional grit stopped me from yelling the glorious new storyline from the rooftops," said Anthony Daniels recently. "It's fun having secrets like this, waiting to share them at the right time."

You'll see just how Threepio becomes our pilot when the adventures continue next year.

This week, our Imagineering team begins installation of the Audio-Animatronics figures into the Starspeeder cabins at Disneyland park, and next month at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Oh, and for all you Rex fans, don't worry – we have a spot for him in the new show!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... his-thing/

penfold12

Quote from: "dagobert"Oh, and for all you Rex fans, don't worry – we have a spot for him in the new show!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... his-thing/

Yes apparently Rex is in the queue area. As it is a prequel, rex is not yet a pilot, so he is there for training. Training to become a pilot.

On a different note, I read online yesterday that the Disneyland version is up to 7 months behind schedule. Not sure if this is true or not....

alka1

A new interview with Anthony Daniels, in which he reveals many details about the upgraded attraction:

Read the full article here: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/04/ ... vrit=63378

QuoteThere is no aspect of the attraction that is more intriguing than its "branching" variables. Essentially, the ride is divided into three acts, and each of them has multiple variables, so riders could find a completely different experience on the second, third or fourth run through the George Lucas universe.

"It is beyond inventive," Daniels said. "You're going to much love it, and you're going to much love it 54 times. You may never see all of it. It's completely random. So you may see the same thing three times or you may have three different [ride sequences]. So there's this extraordinary sort of slot machine effect, isn't there? You don't know what's going to come up in the rows in those windows. It could be triple cherry. Each ride is gorgeous within in its own light. You will go back more than once."

[...]

"There are things they have not told you — and I'm not going to tell you those — but there are experiences that are unique to this ride. There are things that they've done, things that I don't believe have been done before and certainly not in this way. You are going to be knocked out. Look, I don't get paid any more money for being nice  about it. I've already been paid. And I can tell you this: I adore it. I can't wait to get on the ride and see it myself and, well, see myself."

Star Tours: The Adventures Continue will officially open at Disneyland on June 3rd, and at Disney's Hollywood Studios on May 20th.

Anthony

New Star Tours merchandise revealed! http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... oking-for/

I seriously want these:

QuoteFirst up is the incredibly detailed Starspeeder 1000 Spaceliner Collection. This boxed set features die-cast metal vehicles representing six spaceliners that are involved with the new Star Tours story.

dagobert

I have already posted this in the Star Tours topic on the DLP thread, but since DLRP isn't getting the new version it fits better here:

According to the new D23 magazine, there will be 54 different story combinations for each four-and-a-half-minute ride aboard the Starspeeder 1000.

The story will take place between Episode III and IV, that's why Rex, the pilot, was replaced by C-3PO, because Rex mentions in the current attraction that it is his first flight and the current ride takes place after Episode IV.

The new version includes a trip INSIDE the Death Star and guests will encounter some Star Wars characters, like Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Yoda, Boba Fett, Chewbacca, Stormtroopers, Admiral Ackbar and Jar Jar Binks.

Now I really hope that one day that attraction will come to DLRP.

dagobert

I've already posted this in the DLP ST thread, but it fits better here:

Allain Littaye has posted some informations about ST II: http://startours2.blogspot.com/
Photos from Orlando Sentinel and Wsbt.com

In another post WDWnewstoday details what we know so far - warning again: lot of spoilers ahead:

QUEUE

The first queue room is mostly the same, the screen is now HD and shows weather reports, destination previews, and a look at Starspeeder 1000.
The Goose droids are now screening luggage in the second queue room. However on a sad note the droid room song is gone!
As luggage goes through the scanner, projections show what's inside. Some items inside include Wall-E, a Stormtrooper helmet, and an ewok doll among other items.
3 to 4 models of our former pilot RX-24 are now in that room, each a different color. They each have a tag saying they are defective!
A body scanner is now located at the end of the room. The other goose droid makes a comment about you passing through.
Loading area is essentially the same except for new lighting and signage, the updated pre-show is presented on two HD screens above.

PRE-SHOW

Pre-show has Aly San San (the new Spokes-Droid voiced by Allison Janey) providing all the spiels in English and Spanish. The guests in the cabin was a shot for shot remake of original pre-show.
The cast member chooses who will be the rebel spy or princess that will be "caught" when the ride begins. We suggest you try kissing up.
During the pre-show, C-3P0 comes to inspect the Starspeeder cabin, has a discussion with pilot, then asks him to leave. (I've got a bad feeling about this)

Ride Experience

Guests board and are seated, the starspeeder takes off with reluctant pilot and a view of the Millennium Falcon. Guests are then ambushed!
You escape the ambush by jumping to lightspeed, bringing you to you your first destination.
The riders we spoke to then ended up on either Hoth or Kashyyk. There's a battle on Hoth and you get chased on Speeder-bikes in the latter.
You go to space and get a transmission. The riders we spoke with were given a message by Admiral Ackbar or Princess Leia.
Princess Leia says "help me Star Tours, you're my only hope!". Next, R2-D2 then jumps to lightspeed without C-3P0?s permission.
The riders we spoke with then either entered final scenes in the Death Star, on Naboo, or Coruscant.
The Death Star scene ends with a Boba Fett chase through the asteroid field.
Naboo has a giant fish attack.
Coruscant has a giant battle in the sky between the Trade Federation and the Clone Troopers. You barely escape from a huge crashing ship!

Columbiad

Some info revealed at the D23 event in Orlando:

* The story now takes place between the first three films, 4, 5, and 6.
    * The time period is before the old Star Tours.
    * This allows them to bring in the old, iconic characters into the new story.
    * Creating the experience in the queue. (Spaceport Concourse)
    * Changed the color pallete for the star speeder and removed the guns.
    * No damage to the speeder in this creation.
    * AC-38 & ALY SAN SAN are the new robots leading the excursion.
    * There is now a droid shipping area. (Droid Customs)
    * Rex will be in that area as well, as a nice nod to the original.
    * The security area we have G2-9T Luggage Scanner Droids.
    * However, this droid is much more interested in talking to the customer.
    * The Spacepot securty area has now been updated.
    * G2-4T THermal Scanner Droid is scanning humans to ensure you aren't bringing any hazardous items on your trip.
    * Starspeeder Boarding Gates - In this area you'll get to see your star speeder being prepared for your flight.
    * One onboard you take an incredible journey that gets you completely immersed in the Star Wars universe in HD 3D with over 54 different story combinations available. It would take a person 6 hours of continous riding to experience all of the different scenarios.

dagobert

Here's the TV spot for Star Tours II:

[youtube:2pmhrnir]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tUGWloxDtU[/youtube:2pmhrnir]

davewasbaloo

I saw this last night, I love it!
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I saw this last night, I love it!

It's indeed a good TV spot. Did it air in the UK? DLRP should also advertise attractions and not only the festivals.

davewasbaloo

Nope, a friend sent it to me knowing i am both a Disney and Star Wars obsessive. Sadly, the UK only gets to see adds of kids being told they are going to DLP/WDW. If you believed the ad campaigns, you would think it is only about children and characters.....grrrrrr......
since 2001 (many before that)