Why won't they rename Production Courtyard already?

Started by Anthony, April 26, 2009, 09:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

For those who weren't here or have forgotten, when the Toon Studio placemaking (or slightly-less-ugly-making) was going on and word came out that Tower of Terror was going to be surrounded by more than just the drab old La Terrasse, it seemed pretty sure this area would eventually become known as Hollywood Studio.

So now that work in this part of the park seems to have finished for now, we've got three great new attractions (Tower, Stitch, Playhouse) to add to the already brilliant CinéMagique and a rather nice miniature Hollywood district...

Why is the Production Courtyard name still clinging on? It means nothing, zero. Neither Cast Members nor guests ever use it and anyway, it's actually impossible to say with a French accent.

Your answers on a postcard please. :wink:

Javey74

Good point Anthony, it's not an easy one either, since Hollywood Studio for me would be great, but then that has nothing to do with Stitch Live or Playhouse Disney, they all seem to involve different mediums to have a collective name.  :)

Maybe that's why it's still 'Production Courtyard', because even the DLRP Management can't think of one that would join them all up as yet, maybe in the future there will be a spark of inspiration..  :roll:

Could well be a no brainer this one, for the present anyway..  :wink:

RnRCj

Maybe they don't want to change it until that old "Theatre-District" project starts, if ever? In my opinion, the theatre district placemaking should be top priority at the moment. Wasn't it sheduled to be finished for like... this year?! :lol:

The Butlin Boy

I agree, they really should change the name, or at least the TOT/boulevard/STT area to Hollywood Studios. Then, like RnRCj has said, they can roll out the theatre distict placemake for the rest [-o<  [-o<  [-o<

:wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Maybe they don't want to change it until that old "Theatre-District" project starts, if ever? In my opinion, the theatre district placemaking should be top priority at the moment. Wasn't it sheduled to be finished for like... this year?! :lol:
Yes, this is the only reasoning I've ever heard, that they'd wait till it's all done before changing. But considering the change from Animation Courtyard to Toon Studio was never really mentioned anyway, it seems strange to want to hold onto a name as bad as Production Courtyard.

The only other two possibilities I can come up with...

- There's some rights issue about the particular name "Hollywood Studio". DCA only has the little area called Hollywood Studios.

- They don't want it to clash with the Disney's Hollywood Studios park. Hold it back while that name gets settled in. Hopefully this wouldn't stop Paris ever using the name though.

I liked the idea of WDS having "Hollywood Studio" in the way DLP has "Frontierland".

Magic M

I don't think Hollywood Studios is quite right because the Tower of Terror is not designed to be a "film" or a "production" attraction - more of a "real" experience.

Calling the area Hollywood Boulevard makes more sense and will save the name connection to the American Park.

MM

lil-shawn

Quote- There's some rights issue about the particular name "Hollywood Studio". DCA only has the little area called Hollywood Studios.

is it not called Hollywood Pictures Backlot in DCA?
i can´t remember that i was reding Hollywood Studios but i can be wrong  :)

QuoteI don't think Hollywood Studios is quite right because the Tower of Terror is not designed to be a "film" or a "production" attraction - more of a "real" experience.

Calling the area Hollywood Boulevard makes more sense and will save the name connection to the American Park.

i think hollywood studios would fit for the whol area of production courtyard and the backlot
they just need to rethem the whole thing and give the whole thing a hollywood feeling.

i don´t remember that i was in an elevator and had a drop with it. it´s in now
way a real experience!
as i remember the story of TOT is, making a production of a long forgotten episode
of the twilight zone and you are the star in it! if i´m wrong please correct me!

david

i think magicm is right here- the hotel is supposed to be a real functioning hollywood hotel. The twilight zone overlay is kind of a surreal, mysterious, magical phenomenon within the ride rather than the filming of a twilght zone episode. the characters/ghosts who enter are actors who are/were staying at the hotel

Kristof

Quote from: "Magic M"I don't think Hollywood Studios is quite right because the Tower of Terror is not designed to be a "film" or a "production" attraction - more of a "real" experience.

MM

Not in Paris, the official story for the WDS version goes that Imagineers found a script for a lost Twilight Zone episode and build a larger than life set for it.

Magic M

Where do these "Imagineering Stories" come from?

Kristof

Well the ToT story was told to me by Thomas McGill from Walt Disney Imagineering during a backstage tour when the Tower was under construction.

Disneydavid

LIVE STUDIOS?

You know , Stitch LIVE and Playhouse Disney LIVE on stage;)

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!