Disney Blockbuster Café

Started by Kristof, April 24, 2009, 11:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

The old Backlot Express seem like such an incredible restaurant after seeing this. :roll:

pussinboots

Here's my thought. While conceived with good intentions, the extremely-low-budget "improvements" over the past few years have been universally pointless, in some cases disastrous. The balloons and fluorescently repainted stores in Disney Village were no hit, Toon Studio looked no better sky blue, Constellations isn't any more stellar without the Da Vinci, Rendez-Vous Des Stars didn't need the new name, Cinemagique doesn't look any different to but the sharpest spectator. There is of course a chance that Euro Disney sees things differently, but I hope not.

Why not stop doing them. Either do a real refurb or just lay off. What's the point of this?

Anyway, maybe they could do some damage control if they just age the building a little. Maybe that would at least give it a hint of the Disney aesthetic.

ed-uk

We went into the new Blockbuster Cafe ourselves the other day, not to eat just to have a look. It's much brighter  inside I'll say that. We both felt the themeing in the Backlot Express was better. They have spoilt it. To be fair it's not yet finished inside, so maybe I should wait. Why did they change it? Maybe Disney hope that the HSM theme wiill bring in more customers. When ever we went into Backlot Express it was always half empty or nearly deserted. Most people seem to prefer Studio I for fast food. We'll see if the new theme will bring in more customers. But I doubt it.
Ed & David

Nicholas-c

Well apparently today was the opening day... :-k Pirates area closed off, Not many people inside eating, 1 cashier on... Kinda worrying...

Guess what tho!! Time to play... Spot the difference!!

Apparently someone wasn't happy with just blockbuster and felt copyright issues were ahead, so he edited his photoshop file to add "Disney"

Inside it seems they are playing the old music, I can just about stand it as it is, add HSM on loop and i am out :P

the windows by the HSM3 car had ripped sail looking things on.

I swear i hate the studios now, every shop you are in, HSM rubbish, Outside, HSM show-loud and annoying, if you want food... Guess what! HSM!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Pete's Dragon

Have been reading through this and it dawned on me I've never eaten here. Actually I don't think I've ever eaten in WDS, I've never spent enough time in the place. Maybe they'd be better expanding the amount of rides on offer to a reasonable amount, and then start worrying about re-themeing individual parts.

Gareth

im so excited to eat here i may be on my own on this one thou lol but i do love hsm and as long as ashley tisdale aka sharpey is on the posters and stuff ill be happy =D i like the whole idea of having lots of hsm hehe

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

ed-uk

I'm now starting to like the name Disney Blockbuster Cafe, I think I can  see Disneys angle on this one. Some people might prefer to have lunch surrouned by pictures of their favourite film characters, rather than eating in a prop room. There is no doubting the success of HSM. It's been very profitable for Disney.

Come to think of it maybe they should close Blockbuster Cafe altogether and expand Restaurant des Stars, it's the same kitchen for both. Restaurant des Stars seems to be so much more popular, we often go in there. Maybe turn part of it into a table service restaurant, the park hasn't got one. Or move the entrance which is stuck around the corner.
Ed & David

Anthony

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"
What! Now you're clearly just messing with us! :lol:

I don't know what to do but laugh. Is the old logo now hanging in the Louvre?

Willow

I think the problem with the "signage" is that it and the building still look very industrial, whereas the name is anything but industrial.

Whoever thought of the name and what the "signage" should look like didn't really think it through.

Reiana

Well, I think it looks like a DVD rental store.

Riebi

Quote from: "Reiana"Well, I think it looks like a DVD rental store.

Indeed  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

-breeno-

Bit late i know but heres what Blockerbuster Café looked like on Friday (10th, not yesterday), with the temp sign.

So before you bad mouth the sign now, just think, it could have been  worse :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Aveen2008

In my humble opinion if they are going with this whole movie theme on the inside then the outside deffo needs some work because as it looks now it's not exactly welcoming! :shock:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Reiana

Hm  :?  I think, the white letters look better then the painted orange letters.

The white ones are more like "Wow, what is this? Must be important. Let's have a look."
The orange ones are more like "Hey, there is something written on the wall, can you read it? No? Alright. Let's move on."

bigrossco

if I saw this and walked past it I would... keep on walking
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista