[Rumour] Grizzly River Run

Started by Kristof, April 20, 2009, 01:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

In case you missed it before, here's the official plan for Splash Mountain at DLP, composited on top of a satellite photo of Frontierland:

charlied

Thanks for that! It looks so good, I can't see what's stopping them (apart from money). How do you get out of the station though? And isn't this a Grizzly River Run forum?

Disneydavid

The theme is better than the usual Splash Mountain Theme , nice :D!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Magic M

One way they could lose the cartoon element and have the design in keeping with original designs of Disney would be to incorporate elements of the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland with its Living Desert and Rainbow Caverns.

This was the forerunner to Big Thunder Mountain but was more of a picturesque scenic railroad rather than a thrill ride.  It was full of animatronic animals and massive waterfalls ending in the glowing blacklit Rainbow Caverns.

If you want some more info on this - look ye here:
//http://www.keeline.com/MineTrain/

brockboehm

I really wish they wouldn't copy Disneyland rides, they're much lower budgeted and Disneyland Paris should be able to afford much higher-quality attractions (i.e. Tower of Terror). If they were to do a rapids ride, I would rather see a version of Kali River Rapids built in Adventureland, rather than a clone of Grizzly River Run in Frontierland. Or better yet, Splash Mountain.

As for the Song of the South theme, I don't see why they wouldn't keep it; like was mentioned earlier, if people are still willing to queue up for it in the American versions, why wouldn't they in Paris?  :lol: