[Rumour] Grizzly River Run

Started by Kristof, April 20, 2009, 01:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrossco

Then who is aware of it LMAO

I didnt even know it was there until was taking a stroll around that area of the park for something to do!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

disney-dan

i honestly cant see them building an attraction that no one wants to ride for a third of the year (or more). in the depths of winter they might not even be able to run a rapids type ride because of the freezing cold.
Have a Magical day!!

DD

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "Willow"I like rapids, they are a solid family attraction whereas a log flume can alienate younger children.
I'd rather see a different theme than Grizzly River Run, something more frontierland-y.

The park needs some sort of water attraction, I'd rather see some sort of Dark Ride/Watercoaster but a rapids is just as good.

There already is a water-based attraction in Paris , POTC & IASW and the story book ride, they are the only ones i know that has something to do water.
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Futurecastmember

I agree, it seems really interesting and all.. but..

I just happen to LOVE splash mountain so much! I was actually looking really forward to seeing it in europe! So in some ways i hope the dumb this and make splash instead hehe ;)
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As far as I can see
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As good as good can be
And I know it\'s so much better
\'Cause we dreamed it up together
Just like we dreamed it, to life! Magically...

Annual passport holder! FANTASY!

Nala_84

Okay, so if I've understood that right, there won't be Grizzly River Run - but Splash Mountain still seems likely?!  [-o<
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Nala_84"but Splash Mountain still seems likely?!  [-o<

No thanks :)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Magic M

Can I point out that although everyone is right that a cold, wet ride might not work in cold, wet Paris - but in the UK we have plenty!

Almost every theme park in the UK has some kind of water chute ride including Blackpool Pleasure Beach which has Europe's largest water ride Valhalla - which I think is easily on a par with POTC...

CafeFantasia

Splash Mountain needn't be a "cold, wet" ride. If the drops and logs are designed so that you don't get wet, then you won't get wet. Disney have already proved that Splash Mountain can exist and operate perfectly fine in a cold country, at Tokyo Disneyland.

Also, both Pirates and It's A Small World are boat rides, on water, but guests ride these quite happily throughout the Winter months.

Disneydavid

Oke , so this attraction is planned in Frontierland. Just a reminder , they must come with a very good story, no disney figures and it must can happen for real , cuzz you know , its Frontierland , the parkpeace with the most credibility. You know , cuzz Frontierland is a real miningvillage with normal people and if there is coming a Splash Mountain or Grizzly can't there be a Disneyfigure. It doenst fitt.

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

david

QuoteValhalla - which I think is easily on a par with POTC

i dont agree with you on that  :?

RnRCj

Quote from: "Magic M"Almost every theme park in the UK has some kind of water chute ride including Blackpool Pleasure Beach which has Europe's largest water ride Valhalla - which I think is easily on a par with POTC...
Yes...... if you have your eyes shut.

But let's not start that discussion!!

Disneydavid

It must fit in the Frontierland ,thats the only thing I see.

- No Disney Characters
- No Cartoony Style
- No Magic
- Good themed
- No low animatronics.

I see something like they do in Disney's Animal Kingdom (usa) with the Yeti in Expedition Everest. To see a cool , scary Grizly Bear near the ride!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

MAVERICK

They could theme SPLASH MOUNTAIN with a story that it was a logging camp (the town of THUNDER MESA would have needed a lot of wood for the buildings eg:PHANTOM MANOR and the rest of the town and the steam boats) and something bad happened to the loggers who worked there and the loggers were never seen again.

THE theme would tie in with the rest of FRONTIERLAND and the loggers story would mean you would not have to have the BREAR RABBIT theme.

:D/

CafeFantasia

Don't you get it? The reason why Splash Mountain is such a great attraction isn't because it's a log flume. It's because of the theme, the story, the characters and the music. You get rid of the "Song of the South" theme and you basically kill Splash Mountain.

Splash Mountain exists within Frontierland at Walt Disney World and has existed quite happily within that thematic environment for 17 years now! I see no reason why it wouldn't work in DLP's Frontierland.

Like I said before, the fact that Splash Mountain still has massive lines, with long wait times, proves that the "Song of the South" theme still works, and is still relevant to guests. If everyone hated the theme so much, few would bother queueing 30 minutes to an hour to ride it.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Alan"Don't you get it? The reason why Splash Mountain is such a great attraction isn't because it's a log flume. It's because of the theme, the story, the characters and the music. You get rid of the "Song of the South" theme and you basically kill Splash Mountain.

Splash Mountain exists within Frontierland at Walt Disney World and has existed quite happily within that thematic environment for 17 years now! I see no reason why it wouldn't work in DLP's Frontierland.

It would probably work even better in Paris. At the Magic Kingdom, it was very much shoehorned in as an afterthought, but at Disneyland Paris it was planned from the beginning. Wasn't the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue devised as an architectural buffer between Thunder Mesa and what was essentially going to be Critter Country?