(April Fool!) Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changes?

Started by Kristof, March 31, 2009, 03:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Quote from: "Alan"Maybe they're finally putting in a pre-show that actually makes sense. The current "storyline" is completely random and illogical. The story works far better over at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Its just a shame that at Hollywood Studios the actual ride with the cardboard cutouts isn't as good as the Paris light show. (When it works)

I'd sacrifice a poorer story just for the lights and smoke.

Kristof

Press release, concept art and Travel Channel video now posted to WDSfans!!

http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfans/n ... pFFINNNLrb

And the Disney & More blog:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/ ... d-bye.html

smurfy74

APRIL FOOL :^o  :^o  :^o  :^o  me thinks

Soap

Quote from: "smurfy74"APRIL FOOL :^o  :^o  :^o  :^o  me thinks

Hahahahhaha indeed  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

phantom247

The planned special effects upgrade seem very impresive with Water Mist screens, New lazer effects, Fire etc.   But to a lot of people in the UK who is Johnny Holiday couldn't they find another artist who is well known in all their Key markets?

davewasbaloo

Agreed that this is likely a joke. However, it does make me wonder who this Johnny Character is and if he is any good?
since 2001 (many before that)

Soap

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Snow_White_Girl

This HAS to be an April Fool! If it isn't it's a sad outlook for RnRC!! Using Johnny Hallyday is just laughable in my humble opinion, I can't imagine his music working in a rollercoaster setting at all!

I'm 99.9% convinced that we're being April fooled here!  :wink:

\":lamp:\"

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"This HAS to be an April Fool! If it isn't it's a sad outlook for RnRC!! Using Johnny Hallyday is just laughable in my humble opinion, I can't imagine his music working in a rollercoaster setting at all!

I'm 99.9% convinced that we're being April fooled here!  :wink:

I ruddy hope it is a April Fool... If not I might die a little inside!
Listening to the Video... I fell asleep!

No Where Near RNRC Quality... or Tempo

Agent Lex

Definitely an April Fool. I somehow doubt Disney would release concept art that looked like a few Photoshops! :P

RnRCj

Funny how LOADS of info has suddenly popped out on April Fools' day!

I couldn't help but laugh at some of the "concept" art. :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Greatest...April... Fools... Joke... EVER! :lol:

Great work guys, a fantastic collaboration from all of the site involved in it. You can tell it's a joke; one, concept art doesn't just appear like that; two, the Travel Channel, seriously :roll: ; thirdly, the credits on the video; and finally, they could never build that exterior, the giant Johnny and the track are a bit too... well... you know... inappropriate :oops:

In other news however, there was actually a fire in RnRC last night; and this one isn't an april fools :(

http://www.newsdlrp.com/dlrp-289-incend ... oller.html

RnRCj

What's with all this RnRC news suddenly appearing?! :lol:

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"In other news however, there was actually a fire in RnRC last night; and this one isn't an april fools :(

http://www.newsdlrp.com/dlrp-289-incend ... oller.html
Not convinced about that either - but it's a hell of a lot more realistic than the Johnny stuff! :roll:

If the fire is real, I hope there was no serious damage. On the bright side though, it may have made them realise that smoke in the ride can actually add a lot to it!

Poppy The Monkey

The fire is 100% true - the Backlot has been closed all day (from the metal gates which are normally never used).

RnRCj

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The fire is 100% true - the Backlot has been closed all day (from the metal gates which are normally never used).
Damn. See, this is why I don't like April Fools' day. A joke is made about RnRC, but then when something serious happens to it, it's hard to believe. :roll: It's like the boy who cried wolf.

Anyway, I think the fire was on the roof (?), so hopefully not a load of damage was done to the inside. Apparently it'll open by the end of the week too. :)