(April Fool!) Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changes?

Started by Kristof, March 31, 2009, 03:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I posted this to WDSfans earlier today:

QuoteWe reported last month on the magicforum about large white boxes located behind the Studio Tram Tour station. This weekend we were able to catch a glimpse of those boxes through a fence on the Studio Tram Tour road.

One of the boxes clearly shows the Walt Disney Imagineering logo with "PROJECT RNRC JOHNNY" written on it.

Could this be an indication of upcoming changes at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster avec  Aerosmith?

Source

RnRCj

I know the 10 year contract with Aerosmith was coming to an end soon for the DHS Rock 'n' Roller Coaster... would this have anything to do with that? I'd hate to lose the Aerosmith theme. No one will be able to scream "3... 2... 1...!" better than Steven Tyler!

But there are positive things it could be, eg - new smoke machines! :mrgreen:

Or it could be new lights. Or perhaps a few more props and details for the exterior of the attraction?

I just hope we don't see any down-grades to the attraction. [-o<

The Butlin Boy

Hmmm... sounds very interesting indeed :-k I wonder what it could be.

Perhaps the Aerosmith contract has run out, but that'd be a huge shame, it suits it so well - it really wouldn't be the same without them :?

I kind of hope it'll be a fix up the effects and the exterior of the building job like RnRCj said, that'd be great; but then again would it get a whole Imagineering trailer/project name for just that?

Any other ideas? :)

luke85

I hope it doesn't mean the end for Aerosmith in WDS :(

I'm excited about what they could be doing to RnRC though, hopefully new smoke machines and other effects!

RnRCj

For me, taking Aerosmith out would be ripping the soul out of the attraction - just like they did with Space Mountain. I can only hope Aerosmith renewed the contract. [-o<

Another bad thing they could do is change it to be like the Florida version, which would really, REALLY annoy me. :lol:

If I was being optimistic, I would hope this is a big refurb of the exterior and of the effects inside. There could be a completely new courtyard design, like the Florida RnRC, but with a more 'Backlot' theme.

Of course, this could be the start of one of Kristof's April Fools' jokes. :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"Of course, this could be the start of one of Kristof's April Fools' jokes. :wink:

If it is, you're in big trouble Kristof :P

never2old

Isn't it a bit early for April fools?

Maybe they're changing from Aerosmith to Johnny Hallyday, the biggest French rock start (even though he's actually Belgian...) - that's the biggest Johnny I can think of!

RnRCj

Quote from: "never2old"Isn't it a bit early for April fools?
A good April fools joke is usually started a little early to make it more convincing. :wink:

Willow

My first thought was an April fools joke, anyone with photoshop could add text and a logo on a box.

My second thought was the end of the Aerosmith contract, which wouldn't be the end of the world.

The ride isn't on the closed ride list for the next few months so I'm straying towards option one.

15MagicalYears

:lol:  I feel this is an April fools. If not, I hope this is some updates for RNRC.  :D

-breeno-

I have a feeling this is an April Fools joke but i hope it's not for Kristof's sake because it hasn't worked very well has it ;) :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

CafeFantasia

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Johnny Hallyday would probably go down well in France. He'd be more familiar and relevant to a French audience than Aerosmith.

But, yeah, it does have a certain Aprils Fools air about it.

DLP-Photos.com

This sure does sound like an April's Fool and the picture does seem a little rough around the text and logo, doesn't it?  :lol:

If not it will be exciting to see what this will bring - a french rockstar? A great thing for the french guests, but it could hurt the attraction in the eyes of international guests.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "RnRCj"For me, taking Aerosmith out would be ripping the soul out of the attraction - just like they did with Space Mountain. I can only hope Aerosmith renewed the contract. [-o<

Another bad thing they could do is change it to be like the Florida version, which would really, REALLY annoy me. :lol:

i have to agree with you on the aerosmith part, everything up the the part where you are sitting down would work (to a degree) but it wouldn't be the same without aerosmith and then "Goooinnngggg Down!" at the later part of the ride :P  always gets me pumped lol

I imagine it might be upgrading lights etc as it is 10 years old and some lighting rigs might be hard to get too overnight along side normal matience etc
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

CafeFantasia

Maybe they're finally putting in a pre-show that actually makes sense. The current "storyline" is completely random and illogical. The story works far better over at Disney's Hollywood Studios.