Ratatouille (Pixar 2007)

Started by Anthony, March 13, 2006, 06:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

The Ratatouille Big Cheese Tour is currently touring America:

:arrow: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20345

Owain

I always check on this website about there Disneyland blogs and i found this;

These models are in the Animation building.

//http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=12&update_dir=2007_05_11

Owain

The Ratatouille Float in Disneyland Resort;

//http://www.disneygeek.com

Anthony

Ratatouille is already getting some pretty great reviews (especially compared to POTC3).  Check out Rotten Tomatoes - only 12 reviews counted at the moment, but 100% fresh so far!  Here's a few clips:

"The entire produc-tion is a captivating visual delight, as the fluid shifts between human and rodent perspective, and the camera's sensitivity to different gradations of light and color, are nothing short of stunning. As an impossibly romantic valentine to the City of Lights, pic could give both the recent "Paris, je t'aime" and the forthcoming "2 Days in Paris" a run for their money."
- Variety

"Yes, there's something in the kitchen for everyone in "Ratatouille," so the Mouse House should clear a wing in its hall of fame for Cousin Rat. "Ratatouille" might not reach the international boxoffice heights of "The Incredibles" -- then again, maybe it will -- but the film does rep another huge leap in CGI technique and imagination by the Pixar folks."
"Cartoon food certainly has come a long way from the spaghetti-by-candlelight scene in Walt Disney's "Lady and the Tramp." In Bird's kitchen, sauces steam and bubble over brilliant flames, red wine shimmers in crystal glasses, vegetables slice, grate and chop in a frenzy of tiny flying objects, and the camera and cooks are in constant motion in a choreographed ballet with swift, tuxedoed waiters. Everything is so realistic in its textures, colors and smells -- yes, you'll swear you can smell the food -- that the next time you switch on the Food Channel will bring disappointment: It doesn't look like Gusteau's!"
- Hollywood Reporter

And another:

"Moriarty Cooks Up His Review Of RATATOUILLE!
Sorry. I swear to god the headline will be the only example of bad cooking references in this whole review. You'll get hit with enough of them as the positive reviews for this film keep pouring in over the next two weeks.
And believe me... the vast majority of the reviews for this one are going to be glowing. Over the moon. Madly in love. And the film deserves all of that and more."
- AICN

Go Pixar, go!!

Anthony

The good reviews just keep on coming!  Rotten Tomatoes now counts 93 positive reviews compared to 5 negative, giving an overall score of 95%! (It was 94% earlier today)

Great for Disney, huh?

loaloa

Yesterday June 30th a major Ratatouille movie premiere and party happen in Paris! After all, the whole movie take place in Paris, so there was good reasons to set that event in the french capital.

Of course the usual local VIP were there, but what is more unusual is the fact that all the major "heads" of the Walt Disney company were there: not only John Lasseter and Brad Bird, of course, but even Bob Iger, Dick Cook, Brad Lewis, Ed Catmull and the composer Michael Giacchino!

the full photographic report of it is on disney and more.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

Anthony

Interesting... so I wonder if Bog Iger has finally realised there's a Disneyland Resort Paris? :P

Kristof

IMDB reports that Ratatouille has pulled in $47.2M during its first weekend at the USA....

Anthony

Ouch. (Link for previous Pixar openings)

Edit: Although having said that, it's still twice Meet the Robinsons' opening.

Proves that they should have waited until later in the year to release it.  Either way, I'd much prefer Pixar make a critically acclaimed film that doesn't rake in billions rather than a total cr*p-fest like Shrek...

By the way - UK now has to wait until 12th October, with 5th October now the date for London previews... :roll:

The Butlin Boy

:cry: That's such a disappointment, and after all of those great reviews.

Jorien

A Short Review of The Movie:

This morning i've been to a preview of the movie: Ratatouille.

It started with the teaser trailer of Wall-E. (the same as the one that's online) Although the graphics look very nice, and Wall-E rather cute, my first thought that came in mind when i saw this teaser on the internet was: Robots? We've already had a movie about Robots. And seeing the little robot Wall-E appear, he reminded me a lot of the Robot in the movie Short Circuit. So to be honest, i wasn't sure if that would be a succes.
Ok, back to this morning..
The teaser appeared and everyone seemed to be very enthousiastic when Wall-E the robot appeared on the screen! Which really surprised me!
So hopefully my first opinion that i got while watching it online, will be very wrong and the movie will be just as a succes as the short teaser seemed to be..

Then the short Pixar movie 'Lifted' started. This short movie is just...great! It's so funny and really makes you laugh. I won't tell you too much, because that will spoil the fun! Here is a picture of this short movie:

And then "Ratatouille" began! It's a great movie!! The computergraphics are really beautiful, and very impressive. It looks more real than all the other pixar movies. Everything is so detailed and so perfect (look at the little hairs on the ears of the rats for example, or just the backgrounds during the scenes. And the chasing scene through Paris is very well done!It makes you really feel as if you're in Paris.
The story is very nice, and there are lots of funny moments.
Everyone seemed to really enjoy the movie, people were laughing a lot.
Also the end titles are nice to look at.

Hopefully not everyone would like to have a rat as a pet now (they look very adorable in the movie), as that also happened during finding nemo with the clownfish....

So, for me this was a very nice movie to see. And i'm sure it will be another success.  :D

Owain

Quote from: "Baloo"Proves that they should have waited until later in the year to release it.  Either way, I'd much prefer Pixar make a critically acclaimed film that doesn't rake in billions rather than a total cr*p-fest like Shrek...

:o

You dont like Shrek ?  :shock:

Anthony

Anyone seen Ratatouille yet?! Opinions?

C'mon you people! At least try and appreciate you get it before us! :lol:

Kristof

Not yet, but I will soon!

I do know it's the strongest opening for a Pixar movie, but one (Finding Nemo) ever in Belgium and the strongest opening ever in the Netherlands for a Pixar movie.  

:D

Soap

Been there and i surely loved it!! The animation is surely the best there is at the moment! The Paris skyline, the water reflections and the hairs of the rats are so impressive.
The storyline is predictable, but that isn't boring at all and has some great little moral in it.
It's surely a must see for the fans. They deserve a Oscar for it, this is the new standard for Animation cinema!!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney