Disney Village and Hotels effects and details checklist

Started by Kristof, March 19, 2009, 11:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

it definatly used to "erupt" smoke when you walked passed, simple but we loved it lol. I'll ask my parents who may remember more about it or have a photo.
I never noticed a meteor on one of the rooftops  :oops:
Also is the Cactus real?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Kristof

Quote from: "Clarebelle"it definatly used to "erupt" smoke when you walked passed, simple but we loved it lol. I'll ask my parents who may remember more about it or have a photo.
I never noticed a meteor on one of the rooftops  :oops:
Also is the Cactus real?

No, it's plastic for sure!

I'll update the Santa Fe album on Photos Magiques with new photos, including the meteor.  Give me half an hour.  :mrgreen:

(I'll also update the checklist with the volcano.)

Edit: as promised:

More photos: http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/h ... nta_fe.php

Kristof

Just found this photo on Antoine Predock's website (the hotel's architect).  You can see smoke coming out of the Volcano.

Clarebelle

aww back in the old days  :lol:
I am so upset to have found out my parents lied to me about the cactus! lol
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Martyn

Could anyone post a picture of this 'map of Manhattan' thats under that cart track? I've never seen it before.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Martyn"Could anyone post a picture of this 'map of Manhattan' thats under that cart track? I've never seen it before.
Ah, the great great Map of Manhatten ... I am looking for decent pictures of it for quite some time now, they are pretty hard to find.

Here are the ones I collected so far:

In this great arial ...

... we need to zoom in a bit:

Everyone please post if you have some!!!

Oh, and this is how it looks now (in summer):

-breeno-

When did the Manhatton Map get covered up?  I certainly cannot remember it but the first year i went anywhere near that part of the resort was 2001.  I'm guessing though that's when it was covered up, as Nicolai's first picture gives a reason why i may have been covered up (but surely a lick of paint could update it).
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

pussinboots

Quote from: "-breeno-"When did the Manhatton Map get covered up?  I certainly cannot remember it but the first year i went anywhere near that part of the resort was 2001.  I'm guessing though that's when it was covered up, as Nicolai's first picture gives a reason why i may have been covered up (but surely a lick of paint could update it).

If Euro Disney were so concerned about reminders of the World Trade Center, they would have done something about the "generic twin skyscrapers" in 'small world a long time ago.

One would think, I mean. You might still be right.

I also think it looked better with the enclosure transparent.

I agree breeno, I also think that is the reason why they hide that beautiful piece of art for such a long time now, as stupid as it sounds.

Martyn

Hmm, yeah you'll kill me for this, but I dont actually think it looks that good. IMO it looks tacky...

*hides under table*

dagobert

It's really sad that the Manhattan Map is covered with this awful green cart race track. Hopefully it will return sometimes.

ford prefect

Quote from: "Martyn"Hmm, yeah you'll kill me for this, but I dont actually think it looks that good. IMO it looks tacky...

*hides under table*

I completely agree.  The space was wasted and not pleasant.  It is now much morefun and in winter it is a delightful ice rink.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Quote from: "ford prefect"... I completely agree.  The space was wasted and not pleasant.  It is now much morefun and in winter it is a delightful ice rink.
I utterly disagree! In winter it has always been a delightful ice rink, but in summer it is now nothing but a loud, annoying and ugly area with zero fun for anyone older than the kids allowed to ride those awful bikes, while in the past this plaza was the most beautiful and classy place in the whole Lake Buena Vista area! Each tree was filled with hundreds of lights and they were chosen to reflect the trees of New York Central Park. The map of Manhattan was at the bottom of a large ornamental pool (which in winter transformed into the ice rink). It was a beautiful homage to both Rockefeller Plaza and Central Park.

The Go Cart attraction might, however, qualify as a cheap and tacky touch of Coney Island!

pussinboots

I think that about sums it up.