Disney Village and Hotels effects and details checklist

Started by Kristof, March 19, 2009, 11:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Great pictures Nicolai.

I can understand Martyn's opinion though. The map itself is beautiful, of course, but the dressing, that fence, really wasn't too good. The towers also present a bit of a problem.

Everything considered, it'd be a very good thing in my opinion if this new ice rink was able to stay all year.

Aladar

These were working in February '09:

DISNEY STORE
- Rotating space ship

DISNEY GALLERY
- Access to second floor

RAINFOREST CAFE
- Water-squirting elephants

DISNEY'S HOTEL SANTA FE
- Neon Santa Fe sign at entrance
- Fireplace at reception

_Natalie_x

Oh my goosshhh why have I never in my life seen that volcano in Santa Fe?!
I stayed there in 2005, 2008, then in summer 2009 I stayed in the Sequoia Lodge but went back to Santa Fe for the gift shop and internet access ;)

But neverrr ever have i seen that Volcano! I remember the old cars, the cactus in the box, and that wonderful white spiral thing which I love running up and looking over the hotel ! :D  

Can someone explain where this is.. have I not explored Santa Fe enough?  :lol:

Natalie xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

Ps. Ive never seen the meteor either..!  Have I been walking round with my eyes shut or what?!!  :lol:
Here we are... <3[/b]

DopeyDad

The Metoer sits on top of one of the larger buildings there, the volcano is the opposite side of the site to the spiral/snake thingy. Can't say its a terribly impressive volcano really, more of a concrete cone but it all adds up to the fun of the place. My favorite has to be the UFO which had my eldest Son theorising about it the whole trip.

_Natalie_x

Ahh thank you :D next time i am there I am definitly going to plan time for exploration! :D  :lol:
cant believe I never knew these things were there !
I love santa fe, so much fun with the theme-ing and its a really nice hotel for the price IMO.
:)
Here we are... <3[/b]

pussinboots

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Ahh thank you :D next time i am there I am definitly going to plan time for exploration! :D  :lol:
cant believe I never knew these things were there !
I love santa fe, so much fun with the theme-ing and its a really nice hotel for the price IMO.
:)

I don't mean to sound rude, but do you know what you could get for that price elsewhere? I don't hate Santa Fe, but to say it's a bargain is like saying lard is diet-friendly.

_Natalie_x

Haha okok i know what you mean but c'mon.. compared to the price for some of the other hotels, i think for the cheapest disney hotel to stay (other than Davy Crocket) its a pretty nice place! :D
Here we are... <3[/b]

Samninetysix

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Haha okok i know what you mean but c'mon.. compared to the price for some of the other hotels, i think for the cheapest disney hotel to stay (other than Davy Crocket) its a pretty nice place! :D

Davy Crockett is more expensive than Santa Fe - they know you will spend less in the restaurants because you can self cater in the cabins so they hike the price up to start with.

MissDisney

holy mackeral i have clearly not been paying enough attention to my hotel!!! im staying at Santa Fe again next month, can someone give me a run down of what i can explore and find?? its something to do in the evening! so far from the forum i have heard Volcano and Cactus in a box??? if theres more teasures to be found..... :P
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" Walt D

"Noooooo touchy"

Hotel Cheyanne 2007
Hotel Santa Fe 2008 2009 and 2010
Experienced Halloween, MNSSHP, Christmas and Summer!

Martyn

Quote from: "Samninetysix"
Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Haha okok i know what you mean but c'mon.. compared to the price for some of the other hotels, i think for the cheapest disney hotel to stay (other than Davy Crocket) its a pretty nice place! :D

Davy Crockett is more expensive than Santa Fe - they know you will spend less in the restaurants because you can self cater in the cabins so they hike the price up to start with.

Really? But even if you do stay on site, there's more chance you'd probably eat in the Village more often than the Hotels, purely because of the variety of theme's the restaraunts have.

I've stayed on site endless times, in Seqouia and Hotel New York, and not once eat in a hotel restaruant.

Festival Disney

I don't think the bluish/white lines lighting effect on the Planet Hollywood globe has been mentioned before...

It started off looking like this:

Turned into this:

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathetjerome/2601043968/

And now, it looks like this:

Source: http://sheilasenense.com/page/2/

Didn't they refurb the globe not so long ago?!  :roll:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

Quote from: "Festival Disney"It started off looking like this:

You can see the Studio catering van in that pic, so that was taken in at least 2002 (oh, and the DV balloons...when were they added? 2005,06?), so they obviously do sort it out, but how often is anyone's guess.

I think DLP should make them sort it, it should be a part of their agreement of being there, to keep it in tip-top condition.

Anthony

Is the top of Sleeping Beauty Castle still missing? On Planet Hollywood, I mean...

It was in August and has been for ages. Very embarrassing.

Planet Hollywood doesn't seem to be the best-kept establishment. It's a shame they're currently the "flagship" at the entrance to the Village. Roll on World of Disney...

Scissorsboi

It was definately missing in October too, looks quite sad that the only mention on the walls to the actual park is broken!

It'd be really nice if somehow they could add in a small lake under the bridge/globe area in the same was as the Downtown Disney (WDW) one has, it mades it look a lot more special! Planet Hollywood really does look a bit tacky in Village, it's a terrible introduction to the street!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.