Disney Village and Hotels effects and details checklist

Started by Kristof, March 19, 2009, 11:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Hidden details, props and effects that are often overlooked or turned off the past few years can be found at Disney Village and the Disney Hotels as well!

Let's get started!

DISNEY VILLAGE

AREA DEVELOPMENT
- Lights in trees (Kristof, 04 March '09)
- Dumbo fountains at Lake Disney (Several missing, not turned on; Kristof, 07 June '09)

PLANET HOLLYWOOD
- Sleeping Beauty Castle cutout (Missing pieces; Kristof, 07 June '09)
- Moon from De La Terre à la Lune (Gone; Kristof, 07 June '09)

ANNETTE'S DINER
- Rotating logo (Kristof, 04 March '09)
- Animated neon on façade (Kristof, 23 May '09)

DISNEY STORE
- Rotating space ship (Kristof, 04 March '09)
- Miniature train (Kristof, 04 March '09)

DISNEY GALLERY
- Access to second floor (Nicolai, 01 June '09)

CAFÉ MICKEY
- Fiberglass Sorcerer Mickey at staircase

RAINFOREST CAFE
- Water-squirting elephants (Kristof, 23 May '09)
- Animatronic crocodile at entrance (Jerked moving; Kristof, 07 June '09)

DISNEY HOTELS

DISNEYLAND HOTEL[/b29 March '09)[/color]
- Fireplace (Kristof, 04 March '09)

DISNEY'S HOTEL NEW YORK
- Fountains (Not going high; Nicolai, 01 June '09)
- Map of Manhattan fountain (hidden beneath cart track. Nicolai, 01 June '09)
- Fireplace (Seasonal, probably. Nicolai, 01 June '09) (last seen working by Kristof, 04 March '09)

DISNEY'S NEWPORT BAY CLUB
- Lighthouse at night (Nicolai, 01 June '09)

DISNEY'S SEQUOIA LODGE
- Beavers at the dam (Kristof, 07 June '09)
- Fireplace (Seasonal; Kristof, 07 June '09 '09 '09)

DISNEY'S HOTEL CHEYENNE

DISNEY'S HOTEL SANTA FE
- Neon Santa Fe sign at entrance
- Fireplace at reception (Kristof, 04 March '09)
- Fountain on water trail (Nicolai, 01 June '09)
- Waterfall on building (Nicolai, 01 June '09)
- Volcano erupting smoke

DISNEY'S DAVY CROCKETT RANCH
- None to report (feel free to post a suggestion)

Feel free to post more effects and details!

15yearsofMagic2008

The Map of Manhattan fountains was DEFINATLEY working last time i went .It was nearly over-flowing . And it was really high .
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Nicholas-c

Will get my uncle to keep an eye out when he goes Davy Crockett In June
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"The Map of Manhattan fountains was DEFINATLEY working last time i went .It was nearly over-flowing . And it was really high .

The Map of Manhattan fountain is not the one near the entrance door but located on the area that is the ice rink in winter and where kids can drive these stupid carts things in summer. This area hasn't been filled with water for a long time now and the map is always hidden.

QuoteThe City. The central building, Midtown, whose eight storeys make it the highest in the Euro Disney Resort, echoes the harmonious lines of Rockefeller Center. Its monumental entrance porch reminds you of buildings on Wall Street. The lobby, opposite Lake Buena Vista, overlooks the oaks, sequoias, pines and red maples of Central Park and the open-air skating rink on Rockefeller Plaza, which becomes an ornamental pool in summer.

Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? Sadly at the moment there is not much left of that Central Park spirit... This would be my no. 1 on the above wish-list.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Mobi"
QuoteThe City. The central building, Midtown, whose eight storeys make it the highest in the Euro Disney Resort, echoes the harmonious lines of Rockefeller Center. Its monumental entrance porch reminds you of buildings on Wall Street. The lobby, opposite Lake Buena Vista, overlooks the oaks, sequoias, pines and red maples of Central Park and the open-air skating rink on Rockefeller Plaza, which becomes an ornamental pool in summer.

Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? Sadly at the moment there is not much left of that Central Park spirit... This would be my no. 1 on the above wish-list.

Absolutely.

Another "effect" that might be worth mentioning; the lights in the trees on both sides of Rockefeller Plaza. About three bulbs seem to be working nowadays.

Minus that and the fountain and the two kiosks (but with the addition of a whole stack of carnival rides), there isn't much of that Lower Manhattan atmosphere left.

And in that same vein, there are the randomly flashing lights that once graced certain trees in the Fantasia Gardens (as well as a whole bunch in the Disneyland Park and in other Disney parks the world over.) They've re-strung some trees last year, but with simple steady-burning bulbs. Which is still good news, I think.

Riebi

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "Mobi"

Absolutely.

Another "effect" that might be worth mentioning; the lights in the trees on both sides of Rockefeller Plaza. About three bulbs seem to be working nowadays.

Minus that and the fountain and the two kiosks (but with the addition of a whole stack of carnival rides), there isn't much of that Lower Manhattan atmosphere left.

And in that same vein, there are the randomly flashing lights that once graced certain trees in the Fantasia Gardens (as well as a whole bunch in the Disneyland Park and in other Disney parks the world over.) They've re-strung some trees last year, but with simple steady-burning bulbs. Which is still good news, I think.

Yes! Yes! Yes! pleas bring back this flashing lights to the resort. At Rockefeller Plaza, at Fantasia gardens and not at least at the square castle trees.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

I checked these last week:

DISNEY GALLERY
- Access to second floor (Nicolai, 01 June '09)

DISNEY'S HOTEL NEW YORK
- Fountains (Not going high; Nicolai, 01 June '09)
- Map of Manhattan fountain (hidden beneath cart track. Nicolai, 01 June '09)
- Fireplace (Seasonal, probably. Nicolai, 01 June '09)

DISNEY'S NEWPORT BAY CLUB
- Lighthouse at night (Nicolai, 01 June '09)

DISNEY'S HOTEL SANTA FE
- Fountain on water trail (Nicolai, 01 June '09)
- Waterfall on building (Nicolai, 01 June '09)

Anthony

Quote from: "Nicolai"- Map of Manhattan fountain (hidden beneath cart track. Nicolai, 01 June '09)
Arrrrrrh, don't tell me that's back! ](*,)

So much for caring more about "show".

Quote from: "Anthony"...Arrrrrrh, don't tell me that's back! ](*,)

Yes, it is. And isn't it ugly:

Kuzco

I'm guessing you have tp pay to drive these carts? That would explain why they're there..all for the money, sadly.
No touchy!

Riebi

But beside the money: Isn´t it realllly hard stuff that they have something like this in front of a 4 * hotel??? Business related??? I think that´s the most "bad-show" thing at the resort.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Quote from: "Riebi"But beside the money: Isn´t it realllly hard stuff that they have something like this in front of a 4 * hotel??? Business related??? I think that´s the most "bad-show" thing at the resort.
Exactly. How much money must it seriously earn for the resort? Surely a minuscule amount, not worth trashing the front of a beautiful and incredibly expensive hotel. The removal of the rainforest carousel and those bungee things from in front of HNY's gardens were great improvements, now time for another.

It probably is actually worse than the tat on the Castle.

Clarebelle

Can anyone tell me if the volcano at Santa Fe ever works now?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Reiana

Nope. In the first week of June, it wasn't.

Kristof

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Can anyone tell me if the volcano at Santa Fe ever works now?

No it doesn't, but what did it do?  Smoke, fire?  Also, does anyone know if there used to come smoke out of the meteor on one of the rooftops?