Brave (Pixar 2012)

Started by Anthony, March 19, 2009, 02:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Quote from: "peep"Still doesn't give too much away though but apparently a teaser will be unveiled before screenings of Cars 2! I'm looking forward to seeing some footage from this. They are also claiming it'll be their darkest film which isn't too hard considering all of their previous films are mainly bright and fun.
That's given the movie some potential from me.  I haven't been a fan of this concept from the word go (even before the name change), to be honest I feel this should have been the film to face the chop instead of poor Newt (anyone remember it?).  However I do feel it's time Pixar goes for a darker movie, we saw some darker undertones in Toy Story 3 but nowhere to the standard I think it needs to go.  Knowing Pixar they can pull this off.

This is what I want to hear from Pixar, trying new things and not being afraid to try it.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

JelleP

The Pixar Blog posted this new still from Brave. It's the first still from the film to be officially released by Pixar.
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

peep

Holy Smokes we has our first teaser trailer!!!

[youtube:3nxp9e77]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYg0VgPy6Uk[/youtube:3nxp9e77]

Looks stunning already, yay for Pixar!
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

JelleP

That graphics are AMZAZING!
I can't wait till 2012... But Pixar could animate a bowel movement and I'd probably pay to see it... ;-)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

pussinboots

I reheheally don't know about this one. This is what every other studio is doing. Dark, overserious, involving mythology, epic battles... Haven't we seen enough of this?

Pixar's films have always been so lovely and upbeat, so bright, so 1950s. That's what made them stand out. I fear Disney's nervous, desperate, audience-unsure influence is going to do Pixar in.

Although I have a feeling that dark, scary bear might actually turn out to be quite cuddly and happy. A bit like the abominable snowman from Monsters Inc. Just a hunch.

flyngryter711

This has a great cast. The trailer actually makes me excited to see this. It's extremely dark for a pixar movie. I am interested to see how well they pull this one off. It does look unique.

Anthony

Trailer!

[youtube:5qctdeib]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlcQqAKTmH8[/youtube:5qctdeib]

JelleP

The animation looks amazing!
I'm still worried about the toilet-humor (read: Dreamworks-humor), like the woman doing this ](*,) at 1:40 though...

CafeFantasia

While I love Pixar and their whole culture, I have to admit that this doesn't appeal to me. It doesn't seem particularly original. It reminds of stuff I've seen before in Shrek, How To Train Your Dragon and Tangled. As others have said, it feels more like a DreamWorks film than a Pixar one. It is just a trailer though, so we shouldn't judge it just yet.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

It looks OK, though the voice of Billy Connolly rips me straight out of a land of make believe.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

caspdex

They didn't sign her. Kelly McDonald got the gig.

sebassah

Quote from: "Alan"While I love Pixar and their whole culture, I have to admit that this doesn't appeal to me. It doesn't seem particularly original. It reminds of stuff I've seen before in Shrek, How To Train Your Dragon and Tangled. As others have said, it feels more like a DreamWorks film than a Pixar one. It is just a trailer though, so we shouldn't judge it just yet.

So on board with you on this, but im excited to see what John L. has done with the Princess theme of this movie.

Pete's Dragon

[youtube:26pmegzx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOmc2GzWtSE[/youtube:26pmegzx]

Pete's Dragon

dagobert

After the big Cars 2 disappointment, I'm really looking forward to see that movie.