Photos Magiques DLRP news report: 01-04 March 2009

Started by Kristof, March 05, 2009, 07:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Photos Magiques DLRP news report: 01-04 March 2009

Let's go for another news report from this week!  Both parks were really crowded during all days, causing long queues at virtually every attraction.

Disneyland Park

Over at Disneyland Park we'll start on Main Street, U.S.A. were construction work on Central Plaza continues for the new stage.  

The stage will host the "It's Dance Time... with Mickey and Friends" show which was previewed during a special event for travel agencies on Monday.  See a video of this preview here.

Plaza Gardens Restaurant

Plaza Gardens went into a refurb for quite some time and just recently reopened with brand new furniture and... a fixed indoor fountain!

More Main Street, U.S.A.

We finish our look on Main Street, U.S.A. with a photo of a Christmas ribbon (the one at the entrance of the park is still there as well) and Belle in her village costume on the Disney Characters' Express.

Phantom Manor

Moving over to Frontierland were another refurbishment was finished recently: at Phantom Manor.  Besides fixing a whole bunch of animatronics and lost effects, have Imagineers completely redone the "Seance Room" with a brand new Leota head.

Star Tours

The main entrance of Stars and the Discoveryland Station have been completely fenced off, likely to replace the concrete.

Pirates of the Caribbean

The sail showing the attraction logo at the entrance of the ride has been ripped.

Disney's Once upon a Dream Parade

The Dreams of Imagination float was missing from DOUDP.  Instead, Mickey and the gang traveled down the parade route in the Main Street Fire Truck.

Mickey's Magical Party merchandise

The first signs of Mickey's Magical Party are popping up in several stores.  Only bags of candy found at Boardwalk Candy Palace are currently for sale with a MMP tag, other official merchandise is currently awaiting backstage to fill the shops.

Walt Disney Studios Park

Walt Disney Studios Store

Work on the Walt Disney Studios Store new entrance continues.  White construction fences have been installed inside the shop.

Playhouse Disney Live on Stage!

The Playhouse Disney attraction logo was installed a few weeks ago and the tip board (now updated with an LCD screen) originally located in front of Stitch Live! has now been installed in front of the Playhouse Disney entrance.

Also, construction fences have been moved closer to Cinémagique and enclose the former character meet 'n' greet photo location.  

From Vinci Park we can see that purple exit doors have been installed on the side of the Playhouse Disney Building and that the entire characters trailer photo location has been removed.

Disney's Stars 'n' Cars event

Two cars from Disney's Stars 'n' Cars were on display during the travel agencies special event, mentioned earlier  Donald's and Mulan's cars were parked outside Disney's Hotel New York convention center and during the event, new costumes for Mickey and Donald were shown to the audience as well.

On Production Courtyard Stage has a new backdrop been installed where the characters will get out of the cars and perform a short show.

Beyond the parks

Starbucks

Over at Disney Village is the Buffalo Trading Company logo completely gone.

NEX games arcade

Work continues on the NEX building which was severely damaged by flooding.

Disney Express

The Disney Express desk on the first floor of Marne-la-Vallée Station has received a facelift.

Merchandise

The snowglobes representing floats from Disney's Once upon a Dream Parade are currently 50% off!

And to conclude our news roundup for this trip, let's have a look at the pin releases for this month!

Willow

Thanks for the update Kristof.

I love the OUADP snowglobes would definately buy them if I was at the resort right now, even if they are the most awkward thing to transport home.

The resort is looking pretty good (apart from construction walls).

Javey74

Thanks again Kristof for another spectacular inside look at the parks developments.. =D>  =D>  =D>

As for the Pirates of the Caribbean banner tear, I actually took a photo of it myself from my recent trip, but I never noticed it was torn, well not till I viewed it at home on the computer, I must have been blind not to notice that at the time.. :lol:  :mrgreen:

Seems like the developments are coming along nicely, the plain facia boarding may look ugly, but I get the feeling it will all be worth it once it all comes down.. :wink:  :D

Oh, one question, were you standing on some of the building gantry points, if not can you tell me where you hired the cradle lift for those over the top sneak peeks.. :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

Brilliant update Kristof, thanks a lot. It's quite spooky how they've removed the trailer, just a few weeks after Ant's DLRP Today plead :shock: I'm also liking the look of the Stars anc Cars cars ( :P ) and the show backdrop. Of course, everything else is great too :wink:

Quote from: "Javey74"As for the Pirates of the Caribbean banner tear, I actually took a photo of it myself from my recent trip, but I never noticed it was torn, well not till I viewed it at home on the computer, I must have been blind not to notice that at the time.. :lol:  :mrgreen:

You think that's bad, it took my parent's and sisters a whole week to notice that Studio One was behind scaffolding on our last trip :shock:  :roll:  ](*,)

Aveen2008

Thanks for the photos and update on everything Kristof!

I hope they fix the Pirates of the Caribbean flag as it doesnt look too good at all!

I love the photos of the Stars and Cars mulan and Donald car, getting me very exciting! I just want to go there right now!! (even though it would be too early hehe)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Luigi

thanks a lot for the photo report, seems there is a lot of work going on and still to be done. Hope they are finished  when i arrive, so they have some time left  :D

haribosmum

It's really interesting to see all the photos - though i am now a little bit worried that our trip 11th -14th march will have the hoardings etc in all our photos.  will the dance stage etc ruin shots of the castle? (i'm not 100% sure where all these things are in relation to each other).

i am really excited to be going but kind of wishing we waited till the magical party was all up and running, my little one would love the Playhouse Disney.  maybe we'll have to go again later in the year :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for the magnificent update once again.

The Pirates sign needs to be fixed soon - it is just sad to look at in this condition, as it is beautiful to look at one a day with bright sunshine!

The cars for Stars'N'Cars looks great too - this seems like a good show/parade/entertainment thing with lots op opportunities for development and randomization (is that a word? :lol:)  :D/

Finally I have to say that the Central Plaza stage keeps getting more and more acceptable (read: actually pretty good) - as long as it is permanent!  [-o<

But again thanks for the report.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Riebi

Great news report, again! Thank you so much!

I´m interested in what they are building there all over central plaza:

Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Snow_White_Girl

Thanks for the updates! I want those snowglobes so badly! :)

\":lamp:\"

RnRCj

That drumset in Plaza Gardens is luuuurvley! I must go and see it next time. :lol:

Not impressed with the POTC tear... is there any news on if it has been repaired yet? Or will it have to have a whole new sail?

Magicalmouse125

Great photo report with some great photos and latest news from the parks.
Does anyone know why the dreams of imagination float was down?
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"Great photo report with some great photos and latest news from the parks.
Does anyone know why the dreams of imagination float was down?

To give it a general refurbishment and the remove the 15 logo on the front :wink:

littlemermaid83

Thanks for the update!

would of love to off snapped up a snowglobe for 50% off lol.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

buzz&wendy

wow.. looks like mickeys magical party is going to be really good  :D
...i love the look of the merchandise tops in the picture!!

thanks for the pictures !
[/b]

"Everybody wants to live happily ever after"