Javey74's Trip Report [22nd - 25th Feb 2009]

Started by Javey74, March 03, 2009, 09:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Quote from: "dagobert"I have already awaited day 2 of your trip report. Again great pictures and a very enjoyable report. It looks that you and your family had a great time at the Studios!!

I think, we'll have to try Rendez-vous des Stars next time just to see Remy. He looks so cute. Does the buffet serve some vegetarian meals too, since my girlfriend is a vegetarian?

Can't wait for rest of your TR!!!
Thanks dagobert for your kind comments.. :D  As for vegetarian food, yes they do have vegetarian choices, also if you want to know a bit more about the setting, here's a link from DLRP Magic Guides>> http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/waltdis ... estaurant/

Quote from: "Handy Andy"Fantastic trip report. I've just shown this to a work collegue who's going for the first time in August and she's getting really excited.
Thanks Handy Andy for your comments, I'm pleased to see it's also helping others to get excited about their own trip to the magical land.. :D/  :D/  :D/

Javey74

Day 2 Continuation... :wink:

Well after we had a good tuck in at Rendez Vous des Stars and meeting little Remy we headed back out.  The next place I had in mind was...

'The Art of Disney Animation', mainly since I remembered that it had an actual multiplane camera.  A few weeks before this trip I'd been watching Bambi, and I always end up watching the extra's, these extra's featured a closer look at the multiplane camera and how the camera shots were taken, giving the added depth.  One question about it still puzzled me, so I wanted to take a closer look at it for myself.  Anyway we headed over there, had a look at the usual displays in the first room, which included that multiplane camera, then the doors opened and we entered the Disney Screen Classics cinema room.  I remember thinking whilst watching it, how marvelous of a collection Walt had made, but that was just the start, once they went world wide, Walt knew he had a language barrier, so that had to be looked at.  The screen showing is quite clever, showing main scenes from classics that we're all familiar with, but listening to the languages changing for different parts of a particular scene.  It always makes me think I'm really lucky in speaking English, since some of the voice overs I could never attribute as being the same as the original voices used.  I'd feel I was being robbed of the reasonance of the original actors voice, but then again, I suppose if you were for arguments sake, German, and you had been brought up from childhood listening to your own version, you wouldn't know any different, so you may not relate to the original voices at all.. :roll:  Anyway enough of the theories.. :mrgreen:

After the screening was finished, we were asked to go through the doors which opened on a swivel to our left, which led into the 'How the Art of Disney Animation is Done' Auditorium.  We all went through, heading towards 3 vacant seats, we decided to sit in the row just down from the disabled spaces.  Funnily enough there were still a few people exiting out the exit doors as we were finding our seats.  Well we all sat down and I immediately tried out the headphones, so I could understand what the lecturer was talking about.  The lecturer then welcomed us all to the 'Art of Disney Animation', and that we were going to see how all of it was done. Now I remembered from a previous visit that this demonstration featured Mushu, which I was really looking forward to, when all of a sudden the doors that we used to enter the Auditorium re-opened and the guy who we had just left came back in, walked straight up to the lecturer said something, turned to us all and said: "I'm very sorry but the show is cancelled, would you please leave by the doors to your right only, as quick as you can".  :shock:   :shock:   I must admit I was a bit shocked wondering what had happened, on leaving back through the rooms we had already been in, I kept glancing back to see the two of them shutting the lights off and having really worried looks on their faces for some reason.  On exiting I noticed that they had closed the entry queue area aswell. We all wondered if something had happened where we would have normally exited, and so they could not have us leaving the normal way.. :?:  :?:  Knowing where we should have exited we decided to quickly go round to the opposite end of the building and go through the shop back into where we should have come out.  I glanced straight at the exit doors and noticed a few CM's coming in and out in a hurried fashion, aswell as another who looked part of the management team. So obviously through them doors was where we were sat before being asked to leave, so I knew nothing had happened in there, but nothing seemed evident on the exiting doors and the room we were standing in either.  I was left really puzzled, what had happened, why such the hurry to get out..  :?:  :?:

Well we could not get to the bottom of it all, so we put the experience to one side and decided to have a go at a few of the interactive voiceovers, and Jen wanted to draw her own bouncing Mickey head, so the CM give her a strip of paper to start the tracing.. :mrgreen: I wandered around, firstly looking at the famous film wall.  :wink:

Aswell as the Art Gallery.  :wink:

Then I stood a while listening to the Art Class that was taking place in the corner of the room.  :wink:

We finished by having a look around the shop, now this shop always has some beautiful globes and figurines, but for a lot of them you just have to stand and look in awe after you see the prices, especially the ones on the ceiling ledge that runs around the whole shop.. :shock:  

Now what I haven't mentioned yet is that during the course of this day we had kept popping over to Stitch Live to check the times for the English version, for some reason they always interfered with other attraction times.  So we thought we'd give it another try, we headed over towards..

'Stitch Live'.  Seeing a CM waiving people into the queue for the Frence Version, I noticed the English Version queue was quite small, they seemed to be doing the english version 15 mins past the hour and 45 mins past, but on an earlier visit I noticed an average queue, but on asking the CM, he said it wasn't starting till another 25 mins, again this interfered with other things, so we walked away.  I thought the same was going to happen again, but I was wrong, they had just started to let them in, and there wasn't too many in the first screen waiting area, by the time we got in.  Finally at last.. :D/  Moving on down to the second room to hear about Stitch going missing, we moved on into the main screen room.  I must admit, I wasn't really a Stitch fan, but after watching the show I am now.  The show was really funny as a lot of people have previously commented on in the 'Stitch Live Thread'.  :lol:  It's really clever how the interaction works, which means every show will be different, depending who is in the audience.  I also find the humour quite clever, pitching it at children and adults, but both age groups interpreting the joke in a vastly different way.  As well as that, the audience cameras and sound pickup's must be exceptional, in order for it to work the way it does.. :wink:  :D I love Stitch's lingo and mannerisms, they are really funny.. :lol:  :mrgreen:

We left the Stitch Live show in laughing mode, discussing what had been said and the situations that had happened.. :mrgreen: We started to head towards Studio 1, passing..

Cinemagique, but as we were passing the CM said "Last showing for Cinemagique", oh go on then, even though we had seen this show a few times, the special effects still make it worth it, leaving you puzzled with how some of the effects are done..  :? Watching the show even though predictable now, was still fun.. :D/  Mind I still find how the CM's allocate the seating area's quite strange.. :o

Well we decided to head back through Studio 1 to the Front Lot and went into the Shop, now we knew before we went that Jen was after, if possible, Minnie Aurora and Minnie Cinderella, since she already had Minnie Belle and Minnie Snow White. We started to have a look around, thinking it would be impossible to collect everything Disney, there's just far too much.. :lol:  :mrgreen: However we did find what she was looking for, only they had altered the dresses, which didn't matter too much, but when she bought the first two they where €22.90 each, now they were €29.80 each.. :shock: But when Vanessa and Jen got to the till they actually went through at €25.00ea, so not too bad.. :mrgreen:  By this time we had a few bags, so we thought that we would get the bus back to the hotel and drop all the bags off, then head back to the park. So that's what we did.  :wink: On leaving the Studios Vanessa said, "Hold your hand out", she then put a pin in my hand, and yes it was a Donald Pin, which she had spotted.. :mrgreen:  She must have hidden that well whilst wandering around, though I didn't go to the till with them.. :lol:  :mrgreen:

Well we eventually got back to the Hotel, dropping the bags off and straight back out  heading to the Disney Park, by now it was about 7.00pm. We wandered down Main Street, again heading right at the bottom into Discoveryland. We were looking at Autopia, as we did want to ride this, I'd been in a car with Jen before on a previous visit, but Vanessa wanted a go this time. Well on approaching...

Autopia, the queue was very long..  :shock:  We had decided on Plan B, and that was to head here using the EMH's, not that you can use them for Autopia, but we could go on Buzz, and I wanted to experience Space Mountain SM2 for the first time, this would be by myself, so Vanessa had an idea of queueing with Jen from 9.30am at Autopia, whilst I would be on SM:SM2.  So that ended up the plan for the next day as far as Autopia was concerned.. :wink: At this point I managed to get a couple of night shots of Space Mountain.. :wink:

So what now :?:  We decided to head over to Fantasyland and head to It's A Small World, on getting there the queue was fast flowing, I managed to get a few shots inside, but I haven't edited them yet.. :oops:  :)  By now it was looming towards 8.00pm closing time.  :( We noticed that...

'Dumbo The Flying Elephant' queue was the smallest we've ever seen it, this was a great opportunity, I'd think the reason for this was that most people would have been around the Castle Candleabration Ceremony, and funnily enough as Jen flew Dumbo quite high, as we were going round, we saw the Castle turrets getting lit up at interval stages, it really did look stunning. We'd already decided to see Candleabration the following night.. :wink:

Well the announcement was given that the Park would be closing, so we headed back towards Main Street, but took a short cut through Discovery Arcade to beat the queues massing up towards Town Square. As we were leaving the park, Mickey was up near the railings of the train station, wishing everyone a safe journey home.  I must admit, I had a grin on my face at this point knowing the only home I was going to was the Hotel one, to return the next day.. :mrgreen:

Moving out of the Disney Park we cut across the large circle star area, heading towards the Village, which also houses the Stars of Openings embedded into the ground.. :D

Once I'd taken these shots, it was into the Village, we noticed those coin machines again near the Disney Store, Jen ended up getting 2 more to add to the two she already had.  :)  One was Discoveryland and the other was Disneyland 2009, €2 each.. :D

We had a look round some more merchandise, as you do.. :lol:  :mrgreen:  Then headed back to the bus, knowing we had some sorting to do with the bags from earlier on in the day.. :mrgreen: Got into the room about 9.20pm, Vanessa made us all an Aero hot chocolate, no sooner Jen had finished it, she was flat out asleep.. :mrgreen:  Vanessa and myself had the same idea, since we had to be up around 6.30am the next morning, and try our trick with the breakfast cards and make even more use of the EMH's. Pheeww.. :D

Day 3 to follow.... Including Buzz closed for EMH, also another two attractions were closed, plus an unusually lax CM with crowd control.. :x

Aveen2008

day 2 seemed to continue quite oddly, I wonder what happened at the Art of animation! i just noticed on the wall behind the area where you learn to draw that theres a sketch of Esmeralda and Dajli (jolly) on the wall...how cool! lol

You got some great night shots as well, really great!! Glas you got to experience stitch live, its brilliant and so iis stitch hehe!

Can't wait to hear more.
Luv Aveen xoxo

DLP-Photos.com

=D> Two great new parts of your report Javey - it is amazing how detailed you describe the trip and the photos are marvelous. I cannot wait for the next part.

The cancelling and closing of Art of Disney Animation would have left me just as puzzled as you - I can't experience such a thing without wanting to know why it happened.

QuoteIt always makes me think I'm really lucky in speaking English, since some of the voice overs I could never attribute as being the same as the original voices used. I'd feel I was being robbed of the reasonance of the original actors voice, but then again, I suppose if you were for arguments sake, German, and you had been brought up from childhood listening to your own version, you wouldn't know any different, so you may not relate to the original voices at all.. :roll: Anyway enough of the theories.. :mrgreen:

I am Danish and I have to have to say that I have watched my part of Disney movies in danish, but from the second I learned to speak english I have wanted to watch the movies in original language. It loses some (all) of the magic, when the voices aren't the original, which was chosen for this character and in some cases the other way around too (the character designed with a specific voice in mind).

But bravo on your trip report - it is simply amazing!  :D/
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

SophieD

Great update Jarvey!! I'm loving your trip report!!

Cannot wait for day 3!!!!  :D  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

dagobert

Thanks for the quick reply concerning Rendez-vous des Stars!!! :D

Again great pics and report. I'm looking forward to day 3!!

burntsienna

It just keeps getting better!!!
Although that little big in The Art of Disney Animation is rather confusing and intruiging!
I do ponder what it was about :lol:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the great update Javey :) I wonder what happened in AoDA, it sounds very suspicious :-k

ColdSun

lovely update...more please :D

never2old

Whoa Javey, your pictures are amazing!!  =D>

Loving your report - particularly your ToT experience... brought back all the memories from my first drop!

It's interesting about the movies in the different languages... I for one watched all the classics in Spanish when I was kid (first one I ever saw in English was The Little Mermaid). Since learning English (and getting used to seeing everything in English) I've seen all the movies in English - and it was great for all except Bambi and Peter Pan, they sound... well, not wrong, but strange in English! Maybe they're the ones I remembered the most. Even now when I watch Peter Pan, in English, I sing along in Spanish...

Anyway, looking forward to more of your report!!

Javey74

Once again, thank you all for your kind comments, they're really appreciated as ever.. :oops:  :D

Day 3 will follow soon, I'm just having to tie a few of the notes back together, then compile the photos to be used, I will get there eventually...  :lol:  :wink:  :D

Oh, while I think on, I've re-edited that 'Disneyland Opening - Anaheim' photo in my last report instalment, to get rid of those unsightly cigarette butts..  :wink:

smurfy74

what a great report im loving it, and im intrigued about day 3  :lol:

-breeno-

Fantastic trip report so far Javey  =D>  :mrgreen:

I know what you mean about the weightlessness feeling in ToT, i still remember my first time.  Boy did i love it :mrgreen:   I really should post that on ride photo of me on my first ride on it, the way i look in it says i'm the only person in the lift shaft that's been watching the birth of the tower so closely like i have been for the past few years, and i'm making the most of the long wait :lol:

Also i wonder what happened at AoDA :-k  Maybe there was an accident of some sort?

Very much looking forward to day 3 :D/
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Pete's Dragon

Love the night-time ics of SM, beautiful. But how was the ride? i.e. what parts of your anatomy got bruised?

15yearsofMagic2008

:hello:

am glad you had a nice time ! your pictures are amazing ! we are going to book our xmas holiday in the middle of the year on the internet.Anywys , am jealous of you knwo because you got a picture of the rataoillie remy character! i wanted to see that !  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)

Is the little mermaid ride DEFINATLEY going to be constructed in DLRP? Anyways , am gald you had a great time , and your daughter looked soo happy. Yeah , i always get the feeling when you come of the tower of terrorand you can't walk . i waled right into a lamp post !
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro