Your Restaurant Reviews! (2006–2012)

Started by Anthony, March 10, 2006, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samninetysix

Bloody good review that - We also like Billy Bobs ;)

Cara

Casey's corner is just brilliant. I love the decor and the hot dogs are the best!
Last time we stayed, we went to Cafe Mickey for our 'main night out'. It was amazing. Food was lovely and we loved the character dining, I only wish I remembered my camera! At least I had my phone!

Davy Crockett Ranch - May 2002
Davy Crockett Ranch - March 2003
Kyriad hotel - July 2005
Santa fe - February 2012 (Anniversary trip)
Newport Bay - September 2012!

gingajen

@Samualvictor
Where did you find the menu for set menu at Billy Bob's? I can't seem to find it on DLRP as it only shows info for the buffet. Your review has made me want to eat there every night of our trip! I've never been there before, so your review was really helpful.

MissDisneyisMagical

Quote from: "Cara"Casey's corner is just brilliant. I love the decor and the hot dogs are the best!
Last time we stayed, we went to Cafe Mickey for our 'main night out'. It was amazing. Food was lovely and we loved the character dining, I only wish I remembered my camera! At least I had my phone!

I agree i love Caseys corner, i just wish they did a meal deal though!
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

Samninetysix

Quote from: "gingajen"@Samualvictor
Where did you find the menu for set menu at Billy Bob's? I can't seem to find it on DLRP as it only shows info for the buffet. Your review has made me want to eat there every night of our trip! I've never been there before, so your review was really helpful.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dinin ... rn-saloon/

Try that one

gingajen

Thank you. It looks decent value. We'll be sure to give it a try in June!

lynny

i have to say i really love the fish or the steak @ cafe mickey.......it's always been great....sometimes the service may be slow and a bit busy there but i can't fault the food even if it is expensive :D
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

mickeymouse

Hi everyone, I'd like to know your opinions on a couple of things
Would you go to Cafe Mickey as a couple? Would it be uncomfortable because it's more for families? In which case would it be better going later in the evening? - what time does it close ?
Also if you book to the Blue Lagoon, can you usually request a table near the water or on the third level?
I am going in September, I can't really work out what sort of time the restaurants inside the park would be open in the evening. Can someone give me a rough estimate of time?
Many, many thanks  :D

NB Sorry no posh signature yet  :!:
2008 Santa Fe
2012 Cheyenne

Becksy

We did Cowboy Cookout yesterday (12h April) and I was pretty disappointed for the dosh really.
The food was ropey, all stuffed on the trays (starters mains and ice cream desserts), Mickey wasnt in attendance, and the characters that were were very deglectful of the area where we were sat - Jessie refused to come over our side at all (whihc made my youngest son cry), though Woody and Tigger were great (after the table next to us complained to a member of staff)

Cara

Quote from: "mickeymouse"Hi everyone, I'd like to know your opinions on a couple of things
Would you go to Cafe Mickey as a couple? Would it be uncomfortable because it's more for families? In which case would it be better going later in the evening? - what time does it close ?
Also if you book to the Blue Lagoon, can you usually request a table near the water or on the third level?
I am going in September, I can't really work out what sort of time the restaurants inside the park would be open in the evening. Can someone give me a rough estimate of time?
Many, many thanks  :D

NB Sorry no posh signature yet  :!:

My boyfriend and I went to Cafe Mickey on our own, I thought it would have been awkward but it wasn't at all! We were comfortable and were occupied with all the characters walking around!

Kyriad hotel - July 2005

mickeymouse

:thumbs: thanks
2008 Santa Fe
2012 Cheyenne

samuelvictor

Quote from: "Samninetysix"http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dinin ... rn-saloon/

Try that one

Yes that's where I saw it - thanks for answering the question for me Samninetysix, sorry I didn't see it before Gingajen!  :oops:

Quote from: "Samninetysix"Bloody good review that - We also like Billy Bobs ;)

Thank you! Sorry, only just saw your comment too. I have a tendency to write too much, but am considering writing a trip report for our previous two visits, if only for the sake of our family's own enjoyment of it! We've got plenty of photos so it'd take some time, but I hope to do it soon if I can get a spare few hours to sort it properly! lol  :thumbs:

Quote from: "gingajen"@Samualvictor
Your review has made me want to eat there every night of our trip! I've never been there before, so your review was really helpful.

Thank you Gingagen, I'm glad it was useful, sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'd definitely recomend Billy Bob's on quality and price alone, but especially if there is entertainment on that night. You can always check when and what time there will be shows at //http://disney-village.disneylandparis.co.uk/latest-news/index.xhtml at the bottom of the page just before you travel.  :mrgreen:

Din97

we went to Casey's Corner though we didn't like the hotdogs very much and this year we will be trying out the Earl of Sandwich.. has anyone been here and can report back some comments pls.. greatly appreciated
1994 ~ New York Hotel
2004 ~ Hotel Santa Fe
2006 ~ Hotel Santa Fe
2012 ~ Dream Castle Hotel
2013 ~ Magic Circus Hotel
2014 ~ Magic Circus Hotel
2015 ~ Dream Castle Hotel

Cara

Quote from: "Din97"we went to Casey's Corner though we didn't like the hotdogs very much and this year we will be trying out the Earl of Sandwich.. has anyone been here and can report back some comments pls.. greatly appreciated

Earl of Sanwich is brilliant, I recommend the ceasar salad and the sandwich. It's nice for lunch or a quick snack!

Kyriad hotel - July 2005

hawian rollercoaster

Brill value got to try hawiian barbcue