Official Topic | Disney Traditions

Started by Javey74, February 18, 2009, 10:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch2814

hahaha do you work for QVC or sumthing as if you dont they should pay you advertising rights :P are them times for us in the UK of other places?? Im not good with different time zones lol

Javey74

Quote from: "Stitch2814"hahaha do you work for QVC or sumthing as if you dont they should pay you advertising rights :P are them times for us in the UK of other places?? Im not good with different time zones lol
:lol:  :lol:
Well Stitch2814 you might be right there with the advertising..  :mrgreen:

Apparently EST (Eastern Standard Time) refers to the USA and Canada which is 5 hours behind us [GMT], so for example if it was 11.00pm here, over there it would be 6.00pm. So putting the advert times into our times it should read>>

9am to 10am [GMT]
4pm to 5pm [GMT]
9pm to 10pm [GMT]

Instead of>>

4am to 5am [EST]
11am to 12pm [EST]
4pm to 5pm [EST]

I believe that each of the different hour shows will be showcasing Heartwood Creek, but I have a feeling there might be a few Disney Traditions thrown in for some reason by some of the images used on the advert...  :wink:

Still either way it's Jim shore, and you don't often get to see him..  :D

Simbasgirl

Hi guys

whats happened to this website? It all confusing...!!lol preffered it the other way!

anyhooooo hope you are well, loving the Stitch trad! Its gorgeous! if you are on youtube im tinkerbellinparis and as you can see there is a vid of my wee lad as stitch (in dlp) ...stitchs no1 fan....so I NEED to buy him that trad!!!!

Really trying to calm down with buying them as I have 70 or 80 last count, got some for xmas and birthday... :D/

anyway must fly!

xxxx
8th visit to the magic coming very soon x

Simbasgirl

just went a a google hunt for stitch trads and there is an awesome one of him and a pumpkin!!!!!

Belle's World

I have Belle, Beast, Mrs Potts, Lumiere and Cogsworth hanging decorations. If anyone knows where the rose and castle are being sold for less than the RRP please let me know.
Thank you
Ro

Javey74

Quote from: "Belle's World"I have Belle, Beast, Mrs Potts, Lumiere and Cogsworth hanging decorations. If anyone knows where the rose and castle are being sold for less than the RRP please let me know.
Thank you
Ro
Well the RRP of the "Rose" is approx £14.00, selling for £11.90 at Collectables in the 15% off sale..  :)

Javey74

**Disney Traditions Price Hike**

Those of you who have collected Disney Traditions for the past two years, may have realised the price increase of a lot of the older DT's, not the xmas ones, they always go on sale at some point..  :roll:

I've come to realise looking at our collection that the original RRP price has gone up 4 to 10 pounds to buy the same piece now. Enesco did warn of this about a year ago, but it seems as though it's continuing. My main worry is insurance, since our collection is worth more now than it was about two years ago when first purchased..  :shock:

I know I'm covered aslong as an individual piece is valued at no more than £1500.00, which will always be fine for a DT. But if they ask for receipts they won't match the new costs to replace a particular item, I just hope they take the new RRP costing's into consideration when paying out, against the lower values when first purchased..  :-k

On a brighter note, this is one Disney Collection that is looking a winner for a vast increase in value in such a short space of time. A good return in my book, especially if you bought an older piece on sale at the time.. :D/

A few examples>>

Bambi "Wonder of Spring" Bought for £12.50 RRP, now £15.99

Snow White "Friendship Makes the Heart Sing" £33.00 RRP, even though I got this one for £28.05 on sale, but now it's £37.99..  :D/  

To this one "Homeward Bound", I paid £75.00 RRP, now it's £84.99 and so on, even some of the not so old ones have also rocketed up in price...... :shock:  :shock:

Clarebelle

I noticed the price hikes a while ago, for example the carousel princesses £24.99 to £28, only a little I know but it all adds up.

Javey are the B&TB hanging decorations still available in Collectables? I must have missed them :(
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Javey74

Quote from: "Clarebelle"I noticed the price hikes a while ago, for example the carousel princesses £24.99 to £28, only a little I know but it all adds up.

Javey are the B&TB hanging decorations still available in Collectables? I must have missed them :(
There may be a few left in some of the more obscure stores, always worth a telephone call just to check. I know they sell out quite quick once on sale. For some reason I managed to get Belle and the Beast and the Rose, items that I hadn't seen other than in the catalogue. Though now I'm still trying to find Cogsworth, Lumiere, Mrs Potts and the Enchanted Castle which I noticed all over quite a while back but not now, just cannot win...  :roll:

Simbasgirl

Javey what you are saying makes good sense, I have noticed the hike...the log one being the main one, its crazy isn't it?
When it comes to the xmas ones I just wait til they come down, most come down to half price don't they? I did get the snowglobe out of littlewoods catologue but I had a £30 off a spend of £60 so felt good about that!! But I can easily see that being £25 in the next wee while then £19.99 if they have stock left, they did that with the tinkerbell on the bell in H samuels.
I found a wee gem of a place online selling some trads 'Ron Hill Disney' is what I put in google...free postage and such LOVELY staff, I bought about 3 or 4 pieces from them not so long ago but the prices I paid they seem to have put them up abit, but I keep checking to see what they have in!!lol..oh and delivery serously can't be faster!!

Javey74

Quote from: "Simbasgirl"Javey what you are saying makes good sense, I have noticed the hike...the log one being the main one, its crazy isn't it?
When it comes to the xmas ones I just wait til they come down, most come down to half price don't they? I did get the snowglobe out of littlewoods catologue but I had a £30 off a spend of £60 so felt good about that!! But I can easily see that being £25 in the next wee while then £19.99 if they have stock left, they did that with the tinkerbell on the bell in H samuels.
I found a wee gem of a place online selling some trads 'Ron Hill Disney' is what I put in google...free postage and such LOVELY staff, I bought about 3 or 4 pieces from them not so long ago but the prices I paid they seem to have put them up abit, but I keep checking to see what they have in!!lol..oh and delivery serously can't be faster!!
Hi Simbasgirl, you noticed aswell. :lol: You mention Ron Hill, I'm not sure if you know but he actually has a store in Redcar in Cleveland, which I visited once about 2 year ago and he always seems to have at least 10% off the Disney Tradition RRP prices, but with the price hike it'll be 10% off the newer prices now..  :roll:

It's a great store though, also stocking the Disney Classics Range aswell, the staff are really friendly aswell.. :D

Simbasgirl

Hi Javey!

We don't have anywhere here that sells traditions apart from H samuels and Hendersons..I live in Scotland in the Highlands (Inverness) so its mainly online we have to get stuff... :(
I was just so impressed with the customer service..they even remembered me!!!!haha! The 2 girls I spoke to were brilliant! I even fired of an email saying so!!

I forgot to tell you and don't laugh lol...I got a mickey tradition, you know the one I think its big heart big smile....its pretty large??? Usually about the £100 mark...well I got it for £30 odd from ebay because the head fell off it!!!lol...they were selling it broken and when it came it was a clean break (I knew from the listing it wasn't in wee bits)..I glued it and it looks perfect!!!...you can't see the break at all, can't believe it!!!

I spent yesterday dusting them and moving them all around!!...the shelves were looking cluttered and I really don't want more shelves in the living room so I put all the proffesional worker ones in the kitchen and the xmas ones in the kitchen (up high on the cupboards), the wee ones like babmi etc in the hall and the rest in the living room look so much better that they aren't all squashed together!! :D/

anyway better go as the kids have school and they are still sleeping,

take care x

Simbasgirl

Quote from: "never2old"My new DT  :D

Hi there!

I'm so jealous this one is mega gorgeous!!!!!! xxx

Belle's World

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "Belle's World"I have Belle, Beast, Mrs Potts, Lumiere and Cogsworth hanging decorations. If anyone knows where the rose and castle are being sold for less than the RRP please let me know.
Thank you
Ro
Well the RRP of the "Rose" is approx £14.00, selling for £11.90 at Collectables in the 15% off sale.. :)

Thanks for that Jarvey, unfortunately we don't have a collectables near me. I will keep looking, i am going to Manchester and leeds in a couple of weeks so amybe i will have some luck there.
Ro

Welsheeyore

had this link the other day

http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/produc ... ng_sprite/

as they dont know the weight they cant say the postage yet though - wonder if it will be availabe in uk same time - I know one of you will know more than I do!!
xx

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW