It's a Small World

Started by bigrossco, February 07, 2009, 02:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15yearsofMagic2008

Yeah , there should be more European Countries in it , e.g , Belarus , Russia , Malta , Belgium etc .
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Yeah , there should be more European Countries in it , e.g , Belarus , Russia , Malta , Belgium etc .

Russia and Belgium are in IASW.
since 2001 (many before that)

Nicholas-c

not that Russia is technically part of Europe. :p
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Elaine

I found IASW a bit odd this visit - we went on it every day from Sunday 10th to Wednesday 13th. On Sunday evening, I couldn't see anything at all that wasn't working, including both fountains outside (and the sound was so clear we could hear the piper in the "white room" before we exited the ride).
By Monday morning however, a lot of the animatronics were not working, including all of the Scottish section, the can can dancers, the Irish dancers, the Balinese and Siamese exhibits, the Indian ladies, the flying carpets, the Egyptian winking lady, some of the animals in the African/rainforest section, and a couple of the Peruvian dancers too. In the final "white" room, the can can dancers, the swings, and the see-saw wheel weren't functioning (oh and one of the geese was stationary as well).
Tuesday, the Scottish dancers were working, but Nessie wasn't, the can-can dancers and the Indian ladies were still not dancing, and the Peruvian dancers were moving their bodies but not their arms. One goose and the see-saw wheel in the white room were still not working.
Wednesday, a few more improvements, but Nessie was still not having any of it, and the see-saw wheel was still not working.
Seems like lots of fuses are getting blown all at the same time on IASW  :lol:  - and DD and I both commented on Sunday how great it was that everything was working - we must have jinxed it  :roll: .

Elaine

Willow

Anyone else a fan of the basket of fruit in the Polynesian scene?

It makes an appearance when one of the animatronics go on holiday.

ISAW (and Pirates) must be a nightmare to keep working 100%.

Aurora

In my opinion, as much as I like Disney characters, in IASW I wouldn`t want to see them.
THe idea with more europeen countries on the other hand I would support.
We like that ride. My daughter always laughs about the hyena.
My two cents Aurora

15yearsofMagic2008

Where about is Belgium and Russia in IASW ?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Where about is Belgium and Russia in IASW ?

The Russian one is the represented by the onion domed St Basil's Cathedral from Moscow as well as the Kosak dancers.

Belgium is represented by the girl with a crook and the geese following her.

In fact, DLP's IASW has the largest representation of European countries of all the IASW's in the globe (and yet until recently, the US was missing from the American versions other than 2 figures). we even have Wales represented in ours.

Kristof

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Belgium is represented by the girl with a crook and the geese following her.

Yeah, everyone knows how much we love geese!

Owain

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"we even have Wales represented in ours.

SHUT UP !  :shock:

Where ?  :lol:

P.s That was a nice shut up  :P

15yearsofMagic2008

Never seen Wales in it before . Isn't ireland or scotland in it because i get confused about these countries because their exactly the same.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"we even have Wales represented in ours.

SHUT UP !  :shock:

Where ?  :lol:

P.s That was a nice shut up  :P

Yep!  :lol: As you are in the UK section, if you look up on the left hand side, there are three welsh children singing on the moon. I will see if I have a picture.

Ooops, sadly I do not have them, maybe some one else will. I will try to take a shot next week if need be.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Never seen Wales in it before . Isn't ireland or scotland in it because i get confused about these countries because their exactly the same.

No they are not. Ireland is on the left hand side, the Leprachauns, a rainbow and irish dancers.

Scotland is on the right hand side with the Loch Ness Monster, a castle and a piper.

never2old

I havent noticed Wales before, will look out for it next time!

That's one of the things I love about this ride, there's so much to look at that you always have things left to discover... And an excuse to ride it again and again  :)

davewasbaloo

Once my wife and I sat on for 10 times in a row (night time in the low season). It was then I knew she was the "One" and decided to propose. I nearly did then and there on the ride, but I decided to wait until we had been home a few weeks to be sure.

true story.

Paris is my fav version of the ride, no doubt, and we often start our vacation on it if we are not there for EMH or rope drop.