WDS Concept art destroyed

Started by Kristof, March 01, 2006, 11:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

From the "Re-Imagineering" blog:

Quote from: "Justinspace"Hundreds of concept drawings and paintings for the Imagination Pavilion, Disney's California Adventure, Epcot's Millennium Celebration, Disney Studios Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland and dozens of other un-built projects are missing or destroyed. Why? Because the cataloguing and archiving of art is billed back to the project the art comes from (or at least it was until recently). The projects mentioned above were not well funded and tried saving money by not archiving much of the art that went into them. (But you can bet every napkin doodle for Tokyo Disney Sea was photographed, indexed, and sealed in an acid free binder.)

Kinou

Who can blame them?  :lol:
Hug it out bitch !

Anthony

I wonder if they gave DLRP the option to store the concept art themselves, or if they just destroyed it anyway?

Either way, I'm not happy.  Sure, WDS isn't the most beautiful Disney park, but that was a major part of our resort's history that they've just thrown away.

Kristof

Although I pretty sure they still have the plans for Disney-MGM Studios Europe for some kind of reason...

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Either way, I'm not happy.  Sure, WDS isn't the most beautiful Disney park, but that was a major part of our resort's history that they've just thrown away.

Indeed, from an Imagineering point of view it just doesn't feel right. Why didn't they thrown away some old concept arts of area's or parks that eventually never got build. Now I think of that, that would be awful too...

Couldn't they just keep all of it? I mean, they don't distroy the old Silly Symphony cartoons either? Imagineering is also a part of Disney's history. It's a shame if you ask me... :?