Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show... with Mickey and Friends!

Started by Kristof, January 29, 2009, 07:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Lex

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"But I have given up.
Hooray! As much as I can see your point, your constant complaining was making me tired. We get it, you don't like the overuse of characters. I can't remember the last post I saw of yours that wasn't on this issue.

I'm not making the "you can leave" point, because you have every right to have a negative opinion. And you have every right to let us know. But I really think you went on a bit.

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Let's do a tally of stuff recently opened or due to open - toon 53 and non 10
Oh wait...

Also, to make an admittedly rather snide point, Stitch's Great Escape that you list came from the absolute failure of the "Alien Encounter" attraction at WDW - a non-character attraction :P

davewasbaloo

No different than my putrid hatred of the happy clappy drink the sacred pixie dust behaviour of the imbecilic rubes that think the toons are what it is all about.

Hey pal, talk a life long obsession and then have people piss on it and see how you feel.

Bite me!
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Let's do a tally of stuff recently opened or due to open - toon 53 and non 10
Oh wait...

Also, to make an admittedly rather snide point, Stitch's Great Escape that you list came from the absolute failure of the "Alien Encounter" attraction at WDW - a non-character attraction :P

Have you been on both? Granted, AE was not amazing, it was still preferable to Stitch newbie.

lil-shawn

i completly argee with you davewasbaloo, i think its a shame what the imagineers,
and the entertainment department bring out of light. It´s not understandable why they
think the visitors just come because of the toons.
i know this is not a good comparison, but lets take some of the other theme parks in
europe or around the world, they get visitors too and they don´t have toons at all...

katiefairy

i dont understand how anyone can complain about toons,its a DISNEY THEME park,you go there cause you like disney cartoons and characters the whole DISNEY experience otherwise you may aswell stick to any old theme park  :?  :?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "katiefairy"i dont understand how anyone can complain about toons,its a DISNEY THEME park,you go there cause you like disney cartoons and characters the whole DISNEY experience otherwise you may aswell stick to any old theme park  :?  :?
Ah NO, please reread. With the exception of Fantasyland and later on Splash Mountains, the parks were not about the toons, even when DLP opened. It has gone that way in the last 10 years, but Disney theme parks have been around for 54 years and I have been going for 34 of those. No other theme park comes as close with the quality of theming (maybe Universal).  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

davewasbaloo

For those that think it's about the toons, let's do a DLP opening day attraction tally with a T next to the toons.

Toons 10 Not 28 (perfect ratio IMHO)
DLPRR
MS Vehicles
MS Motors
Discovery Arcade
Liberty Arcade
Fort Comstock
Lucky Nugget Review
Big Thunder Mountain RR
Phantom Manor
Mark Twain
Molly Brown
Keel Boats
Native American crafts
Indian War canoes
Cottonwood Creek Ranch petting zoo
Woodcarvers
Swiss Family Robinson Tree House
Adventureland Bazaar
Adventure Isle (slight ref with the pirate ship and skull rock)
PotC
Peter Pan (T)
Pinocchio (T)
Snow White (T)
Chateau (T)
Carousel
Labrynth (T)
Dumbo (T)
Teacups (T)
IASW
Le Visionarium
Orbitron
Videopolis showing Roc Shoc
Star Tours
Captain Eo
Autopia
WWOD Parade (T)
Fireworks (T)
MSEP (T)

And that was it, a much more acceptable level. and the 1st few years coolest additions were not toon related either except Storybookland (Space Mountain, Nautilus, Indy)

Anthony

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Hey pal, talk a life long obsession and then have people piss on it and see how you feel.

Bite me!
This isn't exactly constructive, considering Agent Lex actually seemed to be agreeing. As much as I also quite agree with this "Put the Walt back into Disney" moan, I think I've been entirely put off going anywhere near supporting it.

Keep all this stuff in the poll topic now please, unless there's anything Buffalo Bill-specific to add.

littlemermaid83

Anthony beat me to it....

This thread is about Buffaloo Bills with Mickey and friends not how much i hate the toons of Disney.

Back on topic....I'm really looking forward to seeing this in September *yeehaw*
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

britincgn

Also, to make an admittedly rather snide point, Stitch's Great Escape that you list came from the absolute failure of the "Alien Encounter" attraction at WDW - a non-character attraction :P[/quote

Well in my opinion the original version was far better than the new one.The older version just had some problems that it was too intence for younger kids and you had lots of crying and complaaining from mad parents.other than that it was a huge success.

id@53

On a slightly different note,
QuoteDespite rigorous safety checks over the course of the past 17 years of stunts at Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show (La Legende de Buffalo Bill) Disney Village, Disneyland Paris, one of the descenders that slowly lowers stuntmen into the arena during the stagecoach attack broke.

The full piece can be seen here - //http://colonelcody.blogspot.com/2009/05/stuntman-falls-10-meters-into-arena.html
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

id@53

Video of the previously mentioned accident is now available here - //http://colonelcody.blogspot.com/2009/06/adam-bomb-video.html.
Keep an eye on the left hand side of the screen at about 35 seconds in.....
QuoteOnce the cable broke, Adam went into a free fall for 10 meters. He estimated he had about 1/2 second to react, during which time he knew he would have to roll as hard as he could the second he hit ground. So he did, and for a brief moment the impact knocked him cold. Then he moved, slowly rose to his feet, and unbelievably continued with the scene.
The show must go on.......
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

eeyores girl

8) we went to buffolo bills for the first time this month , i cant comment on the changes obviously it being my first time but i think it was the best part of my visit ,the food was excellant the beer flowed freely and the show was fab, mickey and friends only play asmall part and is good for the youngsters the other stuff was brill to watch and very entertaining,so i know what you  mean about the toon thing but for the amount of time they are in it  i dont think it was spoilt.however the lucky nugget character tea thing well thats a different story!!!! very very bad!!!! :twisted:  :lol:
disney is soooo wonderful!!!!
WHEN YOU WISH APON A STAR........

dlrp 1999 NEWPORT BAY
dwf 2002 int drive
dlrp 2006 santa fe
dlrp 2009 santa fe

Gareth

I can not wait to see this i loved it last year when i saw it in the summer but with disney characters it can only get better =D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

littlemermaid83

Can someone tell me what is included in the childrens meal?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!