Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Another trip to the Disney Store, a few more Pin purchases..  :D

Ariel and Flounder

Jasmine and Aladdin on Flying Carpet

Since Easter is coming soon, I had to get this one of Thumper with his egg..  :D

littlemermaid83

I love the Ariel Pin Javey!

My friend sent some pins the other day but they have no backs on them (grrr) do the Disney store sell them? Or can i pick up some in DLP?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Javey74

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I love the Ariel Pin Javey!

My friend sent some pins the other day but they have no backs on them (grrr) do the Disney store sell them? Or can i pick up some in DLP?
Hi littlemermaid83, you can can buy the rubber Mickey backs in store, I did about 3 month ago..  :wink:

Also I've noticed that our local Disney Store are putting thick barcode security stickers right over the rubber backs which are then only de-sensitised at the till area when paying. Only on the 'Limited Editions' for now it seems..  :o

I know when the Pin Trading first kicked of in store like most, they just had a board near the till of the latest releases, but for the past few months they have a new stand holding a lot more aswell as the till board, it looks like a few people have been wandering out the store with a few in their pockets, as they are easy pickings for the common thief..  :shock:  :shock:

Stitch2814

nice images of those pins Javey, any chance for a picture of ariel next to the jasmine for size comparison as wondering if she would be a good trader for DLRP next year even though she a core pin.

The aladdin pin looks very nice indeed and so does the Thumper pin as I got my mum to get me that one over the aladdin hahaha

Javey74

Quote from: "Stitch2814"nice images of those pins Javey, any chance for a picture of ariel next to the jasmine for size comparison as wondering if she would be a good trader for DLRP next year even though she a core pin.

The aladdin pin looks very nice indeed and so does the Thumper pin as I got my mum to get me that one over the aladdin hahaha
Generally speaking if you turn the Ariel one on its side, it's about the same size as the Jasmine one. Ariel with Flounder is one of the larger Pins for a core..  :wink:  :)

If you use it as a Trader Pin at DLRP you'll definitely trade it for a larger one, it easy fits the bill..  :mrgreen:

littlemermaid83

Thanks Javey, may pop to my localish Disney Store then as the backs are probably cheaper over here than in DLP.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Stitch2814

cheers for the info Javey might have to look into getting one some time lol but LE's are main priority at the moment, even though Im not going to Feb next year but I can get a head start XD

smurfy74

the pin backs are £1.50 i think for a pack in the UK store but i could be wrong

Aveen2008

Thanks for posting the pictures of the pins its always good to see them in real life as they usually look much better than they do on the official site! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

smurfy74

here are my UK pins, i went to our local store which is in Brighton and did a trade for the mickey pin and managed to get quite a few LE's I owned mainly DLP pins before my last couple of visits, but as you can see my UK collection is growing

fly_with_me_dumbo

Backs for the pins are a £1 a pack in uk stores :)

simonandwendy626

Guys I have just been on PIN PICs and they have a shield for the up coming sword series pins coming out at a pin trading event at milton keynes on the 17th april. Have we missed something?...I can't find any mention on the offical website.

Has anyone else seen or heard anything? apparently the artist is going to be there and signing them they are limited to 200 and only 1 per person.

Donna

Hi.  More Info can be found by  checking out the UK Pin trading facebook group and Disney Store facebook groups.
Hope this helps
Donna

Stitch2814

New Releases -

for me Im not keen on the new releases as yet another princess pin (yawn) and the alien set is boring for me BUT am happy that its an LE set and its available in store so shows we are getting there in terms of what we are getting..just not the wiiiiide range of characters Disney have to offer.

dlrpmad

I quite like the LE alien set!!!! and at least its supporting Earth Day!!! But come on!!!!!! ANOTHER princess pin!!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!