Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eager_Eyes

I did say something to the cm in June.  That is I reminded him of the rules and threatened to cross the road and report him to guest relations.  I then refused to move from the counter and out of the way so he couldn't serve anyone else.  Then a random woman who was waiting in the queue started having a go at me and 'my silly little hobby some of us have children waiting here' That didn't work.  I said I was sorry but I'm not moving until I get my pin.  It was the fact that what he was doing was wrong. It was the DLP cast lanyard Boo from Monsters Inc pin.  I thought it was cool on pinpics and had been keep my eye out for it for the entire trip and it was the first time I'd seen it and it was the day I was going home so I knew the chances of seeing it again were slim to nil.  After a few mins he traded.  Wasn't happy about it though.  He was saying that you have to give size for size. So I couldn't trade him a little Mickey pin for that one cos it was smaller!!!!

Belle's World

Quote from: "Stitch2814"Ro, you can also try the trafford centre as they have 2 lanyarrds as well, its only 30-45minutes from Manchester city centre so you can easily do both.

I think If/when I go to DLRP I shall be the one who would shout at any CM being rude to me or the like as I dont think it is very disney when there are rude to customers.

Danny that would be a nice idea but we will have already been driving for 5 hours before we get to Manchester and then after we leave we still ahve another hour and a half before we get to the cottage we are staying at for the week. we don't drive you see so my mil and fil are taking us there and we are stopping at Manchester on the way. We can get to Leeds easily by train so at laest we can get another pin trade in!
Ro

Javey74

Another really lucky break at the Disney Store last night, I managed to get the last Minnie & Mickey Valentines Celebration Pin, and that was off the shop board..  :mrgreen:

Vanessa wanted the Rescue Rangers [LE] Pin, well she would, it had Chip & Dale on it..  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Well I couldn't leave Jen out, so she got the Tinker Pin she was after..  :D

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Eager_Eyes"I did say something to the cm in June.  That is I reminded him of the rules and threatened to cross the road and report him to guest relations.  I then refused to move from the counter and out of the way so he couldn't serve anyone else.  Then a random woman who was waiting in the queue started having a go at me and 'my silly little hobby some of us have children waiting here' That didn't work.  I said I was sorry but I'm not moving until I get my pin.  It was the fact that what he was doing was wrong. It was the DLP cast lanyard Boo from Monsters Inc pin.  I thought it was cool on pinpics and had been keep my eye out for it for the entire trip and it was the first time I'd seen it and it was the day I was going home so I knew the chances of seeing it again were slim to nil.  After a few mins he traded.  Wasn't happy about it though.  He was saying that you have to give size for size. So I couldn't trade him a little Mickey pin for that one cos it was smaller!!!!

I have the way CM's in the parks and Stores make up their own rules about trading like "size for size" which is not true! I know which pin your talking about. I haven't got it yet but it is lovely! I seen a CM with it on his waistcoat - wonder if he actually traded for it or just took it :roll:

Great pics javey! hehe:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

bensmum

not sure if this is where to ask this :? But I have only just found pins and love Up so I ned to ask if you think Disney will release more UP pins? I can't afford the ones you see for sale and love them :(

Stitch2814

there will be more UP pins Im sure as I collect them and I will say the ones already out are VHTF, maybe some stores still have the UP core pin for £3, I think its still on the website I dont know but other than that then I think its the only one that is cheap to get.

bensmum

Thanks, at least theres hope now

Stitch2814

Hahaha there is hope, but some of the UP pins I have, have been cheap wins on ebay, an LE1000 Up pin cost me £5 with shipping so I cant argue, just got to be patient with trying to find bargains as the only one Ive paid a lot for is the Kevin pin but everyone on here knows I HAD to have the pin hahaha.

A tip I can give you is to not look on ebay.co.uk but look on ebay.com as more UP pins will appear, The other UP core pin is there for $4 and I think they ship to the UK not sure but just thought Id let you know and I will keep an eye out for you if any cheap ones turn up as I regulary look every day lol

Belle's World

I can't believe it just found out the Disney store in Leeds has closed. So gutted as was planning on going next week. It's the first store i bought a pin in Feb last year i got the Beauty and the Beast Romance series. Will have to see if i can get anywhere else from where we are staying by public transport. Thank goodness for Manchester on the way there.
Ro

bensmum

"A tip I can give you is to not look on ebay.co.uk but look on ebay.com as more UP pins will appear, The other UP core pin is there for $4 and I think they ship to the UK not sure but just thought Id let you know and I will keep an eye out for you if any cheap ones turn up as I regulary look every day lol"[/quote]

Thanks for that Stitch2814, I will have a look. heading off to the states in 6 weeks so could get some shipped to my cousins to save a litle on postage :)

Stitch2814

thats awesome :) hope you can get hold of a few UP pins as I know how hard it can be as it took me a while to get a few of the ones I got lol

smurfy74

the Disney store in the White Rose centre is still open as far as I know, its the commercial road one that closed as far as I know, ive only been to Leeds once so I might be wrong, but I hope not for your sake

Javey74

Quote from: "smurfy74"the Disney store in the White Rose centre is still open as far as I know, its the commercial road one that closed as far as I know, ive only been to Leeds once so I might be wrong, but I hope not for your sake
You are correct, it's the '16-17 Commercial Street' store that has been removed from the Disney Stores list..  :(

Belle's World

Thanks Smurfy and Jarvey. We can still go the White Rose centre which is another bus trip away but worth it in my opinion just for the Disney Store!
Does anyone know if the Manchester store is doing anything special on Saturday i know Lindsay and Danny have mentioned pin trading mornings before how would i find out?
Ro

Stitch2814

they havent had a pin trading morning for a few months now, which is kinda crap as Dan who organises it doesnt seem to want to sort one out lol so I doubt there would be one when you go Ro as not had one since mid-November even though the small group who went wanted them but like I said Dan (the CM) doesnt seem as interested in it now as they were supposed to start back up again when the sale ended and thats ended and still nothing and I was told he would arrange one before I left for Ireland but never did which is a shame as it was a nice little group who went.

And there is a facebook group for the Manchester Arndale pin traders and that is where it would get updated to say if there was a morning or not.

EDIT - I had a look and He is looking to start it up again....(kinda annoyed now) for sunday mornings/afternoons..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/grou ... 6298652258

Typical now I am not there he wants to start them up again :(