What were your favourite things about the 15th Anniversary?

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, December 27, 2008, 03:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Stitch Live, The Tower of Terror, Cars Rally.....generally the improvements to WDS (indifferent about Crushs Coaster)

But most of all, I love the fact that I was actually there  :D/

Japper

I really liked that they ran the whole place like it was a disney resort in the USA! With all the new stuff and great advertising... :)

EVE

the best thing is definitely the tower of terror :!:  :!:
and i really love the candleabration.
can't believe that i will see it just one more time before the ending of the 15th celebration  :(

maleficent_mum

My favourite memory of the 15th and it was pure luck that we happened to be there on the launch day is of the special Candelabration with Lumiere on stage and the wonderful firework display that ended the evening. :-)
We didn't manage to visit WDS on either of our trips during the 15th so I'm also very grateful that it's given me lots of wonderful new attractions to look forward to in March.  :D/
*Oct 14 - 5 nights Kyriad* July 13 -  6 nights Cheyenne 1 night VdE*
*Jan 12  - 5 nights  Santa Fe *Oct 10 - 1 night Kyriad, 4 nights Cheyenne*Jan 10 - 4 nights New York*Mar 09 - 4 nights Cheyenne*Nov 07 - 3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 07 - 15th Anniversary Press Event  3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 06 5 nights Newport Bay Club (Admirals\' Floor)*Oct 04 4 nights Santa Fe*Mar 04 3 nights Cheyenne[/size]

Nala_84

The most favourite thing of the 15th was definately the (Enchanted) Candleabration!! :) As I've never seen any lightning ceremony before, I always had tears in my eyes when I saw the show... the music, the atmosphere in the dark, the Characters, the lit up castle - sooo enchanting  :lamp:

I also loved the Characters Express and the decorations in the park :)! And the Once Upon A Dream Parade of course, which will fortunately remain!
Oh, and I'm glad we got Crush's Coaster at WDS - although I was much disappointed by it last December because it broke down too much, the queues were too long and so I couldn't ride it again :(!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Aveen2008

Hey,

I think my favourite thing was the character Express as I love meeting characters and it meant it made it easier to do so.
I also loved the Mary poppins show & the massive changes to the Walt Disney Studios as it now is much fuller and far more exciting.

Aveen xxx =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

jeakat24

I've got so many fond memories:

-Being there for the press day and the launch of the 15th celebration where they released loads of balloons in front of the castle and a mini parade, although we did have to wait two hours in the rain to see it! (If anyone wants to see pictures just let me know)

- The parade, still gives me goosebumps just thinking about the music!

- How beautiful the castle looks, although I am looking forward to seeing the stained glass window once again.

- The very first Candleabration, couldn't see a thing because it was soooo light, but still exciting. The best Candleabration I saw was when we went in October, because it was in the dark!

- The first Alphabetyouare. The costumes were really clean (we went back in September that year and they were filthy!) We also had no idea what it was and just saw it on the new maps, and I managed to take a photo at exactly the right time!!

- The character express and touts en train, possibly the best music ever!!!!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

thekirtley

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Hey,

I think my favourite thing was the character Express as I love meeting characters and it meant it made it easier to do so.
I also loved the Mary poppins show & the massive changes to the Walt Disney Studios as it now is much fuller and far more exciting.

Aveen xxx =D>

Hah :P, everytime me and my family went in the Disneyland Park, we heard the Character Express tune lol :D

I love how the studios looks a lot better and has more attractions! :D
DLP visitor since the age of 2.
:)
Part time Student, Full Time Disney enthusiast.
:D

sharonkll

Hi,

Can anybody please advise me when the Anniversary is finishing? We are visiting DLRP on 24 March and I know the new campaign is starting on 4th April. Wondering if we are still going to feel any of the magic???

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "sharonkll"Hi,

Can anybody please advise me when the Anniversary is finishing? We are visiting DLRP on 24 March and I know the new campaign is starting on 4th April. Wondering if we are still going to feel any of the magic???

Unfortunately, it ends this Saturday, so you won't see any of the 15th celebrations I'm afraid. You might be lucky enough to get a preview of Mickey's Magical Party though :)

sharonkll

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "sharonkll"Hi,

Unfortunately, it ends this Saturday, so you won't see any of the 15th celebrations I'm afraid. You might be lucky enough to get a preview of Mickey's Magical Party though :)

thanks for that, hopefully we do get a preview of Mickeys magical party. fingers crossed... x

RockNRoller

My favourite thing was having gone once they carried the party on for a second year and I could go enjoy it all over again.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"