Toms Christmas Trip

Started by MagicStar, December 11, 2008, 07:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicStar

Heya,

back from a wonderful 3days-trip. Thought, I share a few impressions with you  :mrgreen:
But let me say first - To be honest, it wasn´t the best trip I had yet.
As many of you know, I just LOVE the christmas season. Nevertheless - This year, I was a bit dissapointed.
They cut down these things, that always made christmas at Disneyland so special for me.
For example:
- no carol singers
- no Belle, who sings her favourite christmas songs at the Christmas Village
- no christmas brass band at WDS
- no singers at WDS
- a big lack of christmas decorations, compared to the last years. For example: Decorations around the stage on central plaza, less less christmas garlands around the whole Disneyland Park. Same for the hotels. No Christmas Garlands at WDS-Gates. No Christmas-Dress for Mickey on the fountain, and and and.

Furthermore I noticed a lot of things that urgently have to be fixed! Here are just some:
-a lot broken props at Buzz
-broken guns at Buzz (we rode it 8 times, 5 times I had guns that didn´t sound and didn´t flash when you hit a target.
-a lot broken targets at Buzz
-the raven beside M.Leota at PM is still missing
-half of the ghosts at the ballroom scene at PM didn´t move
-The effect-mirror at PM still is to small. It "cuts" the dancing ghost´s head
-a lot broken children at IASW. Many who don´t move the lips.
-a lot broken lights inside IASW
-Just ONE show-stop at fantillusion  :(  (weather was nice)
-no driving cars anymore when you fly with Peter Pan over London
-broken light effects inside Peter Pan
-Broken sounds inside POTC. For example: The fencing pirates. No sword sounds anymore. And the perfect moving of these figures has loose much of its perfectness from the early years.

OK - just a few thoughts. From the eyes of a fan :-) I think many regular guest will not notice it. And, btw, we had great time anyway  :mrgreen:
Weather was nice most of the time. My BF hit the 1.000000 at Buzz and as always... I love sitting inside Market House Deli, drinking a hot choclat and eating this amazing Disneyland-Brownie!
So  - to all of you... a wonderful christmas time!!!!

[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Riebi

Woooohoooooo! You´re back and you have much pictures in your bag! Wonderful St. Nikolaus gift (bit late but ok :wink: )

Thank you  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

MagicStar

Quote from: "Riebi"Woooohoooooo! You´re back and you have much pictures in your bag! Wonderful St. Nikolaus gift (bit late but ok :wink: )

Thank you  :mrgreen:

Yeesss - a small pre-christmas present  :P

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "MagicStar"So  - to all of you... a wonderful christmas time!!!!

And to you too :wink:

Loved the pic of St.Nic =D>

Epcot_Boy :santa:

David

Riebi

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"

It seems as he would do his HOHOHO just for you! :santa:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

MagicStar

Quote from: "Riebi"
Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"

It seems as he would do his HOHOHO just for you! :santa:

Yeah - Santa dictated me the exactly words I should tell you all. And the words were:
HO-HO-HO  :P

Javey74

So there's a lot of work to do in the area's you have specified.. :shock:  :shock:

As for the lack of decorations, I wonder if the recession is starting to creep into the decoration side of things this year, or is there another reason.. :shock:  :o

MagicStar

Quote from: "Javey74"So there's a lot of work to do in the area's you have specified.. :shock:  :shock:

As for the lack of decorations, I wonder if the recession is starting to creep into the decoration side of things this year, or is there another reason.. :shock:  :o

Hmmm - I think business plan was made before recession

SophieD

Happy Christmas to you tooo!!

Great pics...sorry to hear about the lack of decorations :(
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

never2old

Welcome back!!

I agree with you, we also noticed a lot of the problems you mentioned, some rides need a lot of work. The sword fight in POTC is quite painful to watch... And Buzz and PM need so much work!!

Still, glad that didn't stop you too much from enjoying your trip!! Please, more pictures!!!

MagicStar

Quote from: "never2old"Please, more pictures!!!

I´ll do my best  :D
Will put some online tomorrow :mrgreen:

PetiteSirene

Looks like you were lucky with Fantillusion Magic Star... on the 8th Madame_Leota stayed behind to film the parade and it came from the wrong direction, then the floats were all muddled up... There was only 1 stop... and a 20 minute odd gap between the Bug floats and the Villain floats :?

When I asked at Town hall they said it was due to the weather but the weather was dry, if a little cold... Oh and Tinkerbell was missing  :o

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

The Butlin Boy

Glad you had a good trip Tom, and I'm sorry to hear about the bad state of some things there. I really hope they're fixed ASAP. Thanks for sharing your opinions and photos :)

ColdSun

sad to hear that so many things need improvement but glad you still enjoyed your trip. The photos are great, I'm also hoping you'll post more :D ...

RnRCj

Quote from: "MagicStar"Heya,

back from a wonderful 3days-trip. Thought, I share a few impressions with you  :mrgreen:
But let me say first - To be honest, it wasn´t the best trip I had yet.
As many of you know, I just LOVE the christmas season. Nevertheless - This year, I was a bit dissapointed.
They cut down these things, that always made christmas at Disneyland so special for me.
For example:
- no carol singers
- no Belle, who sings her favourite christmas songs at the Christmas Village
- no christmas brass band at WDS
- no singers at WDS
- a big lack of christmas decorations, compared to the last years. For example: Decorations around the stage on central plaza, less less christmas garlands around the whole Disneyland Park. Same for the hotels. No Christmas Garlands at WDS-Gates. No Christmas-Dress for Mickey on the fountain, and and and.

Furthermore I noticed a lot of things that urgently have to be fixed! Here are just some:
-a lot broken props at Buzz
-broken guns at Buzz (we rode it 8 times, 5 times I had guns that didn´t sound and didn´t flash when you hit a target.
-a lot broken targets at Buzz
-the raven beside M.Leota at PM is still missing
-half of the ghosts at the ballroom scene at PM didn´t move
-The effect-mirror at PM still is to small. It "cuts" the dancing ghost´s head
-a lot broken children at IASW. Many who don´t move the lips.
-a lot broken lights inside IASW
-Just ONE show-stop at fantillusion  :(  (weather was nice)
-no driving cars anymore when you fly with Peter Pan over London
-broken light effects inside Peter Pan
-Broken sounds inside POTC. For example: The fencing pirates. No sword sounds anymore. And the perfect moving of these figures has loose much of its perfectness from the early years.

I noticed these things too. I was particularly shocked at the state of Phantom Manor - was it just me or is the music much, much quieter now? I really hope they work on it soon. It also seems impossible to ride it without "The spooks have interrupted our tour". :roll: