DLR | Disney California Adventure makeover project

Started by Anthony, February 12, 2006, 09:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ightenhill

Was there two weeks ago , loads construction work in and around California screaming up to the Wheel and the boardwalk but not sure if this is connected...
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Owain

Quote from: "ightenhill"Was there two weeks ago , loads construction work in and around California screaming up to the Wheel and the boardwalk but not sure if this is connected...
Yeah thats for Toy Story Mania !  :)

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=799&start=0

WaltDisneyFanBoy

I have never been there. Is it true that the parc has financial problems?

Haz

Quote from: "Baloo"A video report from ABC news, including Bob, Jay and some more concepts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff-Qie7L8Fc

It reminds me of all the stuff they showed at the EuroDisney grand opening, except this is actually happening. :shock:

And a great LA Times map posted by MouseTimes.com:

And another nice map: click here.

Baloo,
       I have been watching this story develop on other sites and have just come across this here, i have to say this is by far the best plan, detail and update i have seen.
All the Best,

Haz

Haz

Quote from: "WaltDisneyFanBoy"I have never been there. Is it true that the parc has financial problems?

I am sorry to answer in such a negative tone, but they, "Disney" are spending $1.1 BILLION dollars, i hope that answers the questions.

In terms of a park it has not taken off for a number of reasons of which they are putting right, please read Baloo's last post.
All the Best,

Haz

Japper

Is it just me or does anybody else think that the entrance is a bit cheap because it's just the same one like DHS? Why are they also copying entrances now? It just feels a bit like RCT were every park just has the same entrance bit different letters on it :S

But the rest looks great!

davewasbaloo

I will be looking forward to our trip next month.  I shall miss a few things from the old DCA, and I'll be taking a ton of pictures before the major work starts.  I really liked DCA when we went in 2002, and I am really looking forward to our upcoming trip.
since 2001 (many before that)

Kristof

Yeah, davewasbaloo.  We're going to California in April (for the first time), so I'm looking forward as well to see how it was and go back a few years later to see the newly imagineered DCA.

davewasbaloo

Cool Raptor.  If you have any questions, let me know.
since 2001 (many before that)

WDI1992

I sure do hope the park looks good as we have a view over DCA in April!  :wink:  I'm so curious how it will be, all these changes sound so good... and so major!  :o  will be good to finally see everything in real life, be it before the major revamp but that's just as well 8)
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Remco K.

New information from dlfreak on the MouseInfo.com forums:

QuoteWe just got back from our DVC member event right now and boy are we tired. We had a blast and are ready to drop dead in bed but I thought I'd share some of the new info we got about the upcoming DCA stuff straight from the proverbial horses' mouths!

We were kindly asked not to photograph or video unfortunately and being the good little Disneyland citizen that I am, I did not snap a photo or video a single bit. There was not a whole lot of new stuff we saw anyway, nothing very revealing except for a stylized painting of the entire park which looked awesome. It was obviously a bit older as it had a parachute drop ride in place of Maliboomer and there was a giant Mickey atop Muppets 3D. That was the only thing I could really make out in the map aside from the obvious additions that we already know about.

First off, the recently closed Seasons of the Vine will soon be turned into the Blue Sky Cellar and will be the new DCA Expansion Preview center to find all the new concept art and models for the upcoming expansion. This should be opening in August.

The Walt Disney Plaza and the entrance remodel is supposed to be completed just in time for DCA's 10th Anniversary in 2011. At this time, the Blue Sky Cellar will close as the Preview center and the displays will be moved into the more spacious Carthay Circle Theater to continue highlighting the remaining changes to Paradise Pier and the new Carsland.

By all accounts the Red Car seemed to be a 100% greenlit and approved attraction coming to the park, they showed models and concept art of it and spent a good deal of time talking about it.

Now up until this point I understood that the new parade route would be routed through the new Carsland and back down to the Pier that way. However, during during the Expo/mingle I overheard a group of people talking about it. Again, these could be completely uninformed people, but the little snippet I heard from their conversation was about entertainment being upset about the parade route having to navigate under the HPB archway and that Pixar Play parade wouldn't fit underneath it. Again, this conflicts what seems to be the going word that the parade will no longer travel through the front of the park so I'm taking that one with a grain of salt. Still something interesting, I thought, if it's true.

They talked a bit about Carsland. They mentioned the new Radiator Springs Racers attraction which by all accounts sounds like a phenomenal undertaking for DCA. One thing I didn't hear mentioned before was that at the end of the ride, Luigi and Guido would flag down the end of the race and then the two racing commentators would be there commenting on your race and looking over at the monitor looking at your photo-finish crossing the finish line. It kinda seemed like it would be interactive like Roz although there was no indication of that based on what they said.

Also, although there were a few brief glimpses of the Drive-in among the concept art, it was never mentioned once. They showed a few concept art pieces of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and that the theme was that Mater gathered up some of the baby tractors to have a hootin' good time square dancing in the junkyard and Mater's there hootin' and hollerin' in the center of it all. They also showed a few pieces of art for the new Luigi's Roamin' Tires, nothing I don't think we haven't seen already. They also specifically mentioned Flo's Diner and showed a guy munching on a giant hamburger and they showed Lizzie's Curio shop, as well.

Read the thread here.

Anthony

Sounds great, thanks Remco.

I'm so thrilled it looks like the Red Car tram is actually happening. That's just one of those attractions the Imagineers plan again and again but never get to see become a reality. If it does finally happen here, DCA will suddenly be very special.

Owain

Another update;

QuoteThe next placemaking of Paradise Pier should normally begin by the end of the year. Pending the initial work, here's a concept art of what awaits us after work. The whole area will be transformed into a Victorian style and in particular the Sun Wheel Ferris wheel and games stalls. Speaking of the latter, they are on "Toy Story

//http://www.disneytheque.com/phototheque/disneyland_resort/placemaking/080725/001.jpg

Source; Disneytheque.com

Anthony

Wow. :shock:

If it turns out as good-looking as that, get me on the next plane to California.

The Butlin Boy

Some new concept art has been leaked online:

:arrow: http://www.originald.com/rumor-dca-concept-art/

Looks pretty good if you ask me :wink: