It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "Anthony"Oh no no no, it needs to be at least that height! Do you remember the original central plaza stage from 2003 and 2004? It was so low down that if you were stood anywhere other than the front row you'd only see people heads (or rather, children on dumb parents' shoulders).

But yeah, the higher it is the worse it looks the rest of the time, like a giant wall blocking your path further into the park. They should have invested in a Tomorrowland-style stage that rises out of the ground... Tssch.
Personally I'd rather have it low down and not block the view for the rest of the day. The stage is quite big anyway, so more people will be able to gather round it and see the characters close-up.

As you say though, a rising stage would be perfect.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Anthony"... They should have invested in a Tomorrowland-style stage that rises out of the ground... Tssch.

They should just use the Castle Stage, that's what it's there for anyway.

Riebi

Quote from: "Mobi"
Quote from: "Anthony"... They should have invested in a Tomorrowland-style stage that rises out of the ground... Tssch.

They should just use the Castle Stage, that's what it's there for anyway.

=D>  =D>  =D>

well said! the castle stage should be "the stage in front of the castle" like hm 12 years long. the central plaza should simply be the central plaza. A place to meet some people, look around with a wonderful view to every land and without any stage. I´m sick of stages there now near the end of the 15.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

The Butlin Boy

Phew! Great news about the seating being dropped, what a relief :)

I've just had a brainstorm, what they should do on the stage is have steps included on all four sides (between the 4 satellite stages) and then when there isn't a show on, have a meet 'n' greet with Mickey (or someone else) on the stage. It'd be perfect, people walking through the park will be able to see Mickey, they can have people walk on from one side and off the other, and it's the perfect photo opportunity because of the Castle backdrop! It also means more money for Disney (if people buy the pics :P ), what more could we want... :wink:

Clarebelle

oooo thats such a good idea!!! i want a photo now! :P
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Javey74

Any idea when they expect the stages to be finished and the facia boards took down.. :?:

Clarebelle

are you hoping they will be down by Feb Javey? :P
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Javey74

Quote from: "Clarebelle"are you hoping they will be down by Feb Javey? :P
Well I can cope with the start to mid February, as long as it's before the 22nd... :mrgreen:

Anthony

Quote from: "Riebi"well said! the castle stage should be "the stage in front of the castle" like hm 12 years long.
Exactly. For Candleabration it was true that they maybe needed the Central Plaza Stage because the Castle was so key, but for 'It's Party Time' there's really no need for this location. The castle doesn't play a part. There's more than enough space around the castle stage for getting people dancing.

However like I've said before, I fear the reason they keep on with these Central Plaza shows is that the high-up stage doesn't require either a large cast nor any kind of sets or decorations. Basically, you've got such a bad, low-down view of the action that you don't notice how simple and small it actually is.

Are we still to expect those coloured Twister-style dance mats around the plaza? Or is that just the Discoveryland thing?

Kuzco

So, with no standing/seating area for the guests around the stage, I guess people will bulldozer over the shrubs, plants and flowers like they do during the parade, fireworks and Fantillusion....a few times a day...I'm guessing this will be the end for the grass and the flowers there then anyway, seating area ot no seating area.
No touchy!

Patrick

Quote from: "Kuzco"So, with no standing/seating area for the guests around the stage, I guess people will bulldozer over the shrubs, plants and flowers like they do during the parade, fireworks and Fantillusion....a few times a day...I'm guessing this will be the end for the grass and the flowers there then anyway, seating area ot no seating area.

Erm what is new about this?  People have always stood there, I welcome people to stand on the grass than a seating area that destroys the enchantment of the castle area. :wink:

Remco K.

Quote from: "Patrick"Erm what is new about this?  People have always stood there, I welcome people to stand on the grass than a seating area that destroys the enchantment of the castle area. :wink:
I agree. I don't like people standing on the grass, but I prefer it over no grass at all.

Nala_84

I'm really sorry if it has already been explained, I just reckoned the topic after some weeks and it would be too much now to read through everything  :oops:

Will this stage only be there throughout Mickey's Magical Party (so until April 2010)? Or will it remain longer? If not, what will be there instead?
And: I've read something about people standing on the grass while the shows are on?! Is that right?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Remco K.

Quote from: "Nala_84"Will this stage only be there throughout Mickey's Magical Party (so until April 2010)? Or will it remain longer? If not, what will be there instead?
According to Kristof's latest information the stage is going to be constructed out of prefab parts. This could suggest the stage being temporary. But nothing is official.

Quote from: "Nala_84"And: I've read something about people standing on the grass while the shows are on?! Is that right?
During parades and shows on crowded days people are often standing on the grass. Sometimes CMs try to get them off, but it's no use on extremely crowded days.

Kris

To be honest, anything can be pre-fabricated. Isn't it right that most (UK) McDonalds restaurants are and can be built in 5-7days? It could be a time-saving option which doesn't necessarily mean that it wont be there long term - with real stone-work and foundations. I guess the whole of Disneyland was made in parts, rather than sculpted stonework being chiselled on-site etc

As something that will need to be adaptable for future productions, I guess parts of the stage will be temporary. Like the Videopolis one seems to have been over the years
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!