It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Nice video!! Looks like a good launch!

Thanks for posting it!

Magicalmouse125

I like the music but the french Mickey sounds like he's on Helium. Still, good press event.

Oh and when i said not-so-important event i meant really i don't really understand why they chose now, straight after a 2 year celebration for their 15th. Can someone explain why?????
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

15MagicalYears

Does Mickey speak english at all during this show?  :|

Kristof

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Does Mickey speak english at all during this show?  :|

No, all MMP shows use the French voice.

Magicalmouse125

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Does Mickey speak english at all during this show?  :|

:?  :?  :?  :?
why?
Does anyone know the rough percentage of tourist from other countries.
I would have thought that it is a majority of british families. Or is it french. Even when Mickey speaks english it sounds french as does Minnie's party train!

never2old

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"

why?
I would have thought that it is a majority of british families. Or is it french. Even when Mickey speaks english it sounds french as does Minnie's party train!

Actually, the majority of guests are French. In the Annual Review for 2008, they had the attendance figures by country, the UK was 16% (France 43%, Belgium & Lux 6%, Spain 12%)

Magicalmouse125

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"

why?

Actually, the majority of guests are French. In the Annual Review for 2008, they had the attendance figures by country, the UK was 16% (France 43%, Belgium & Lux 6%, Spain 12%)[/quote]

Ooops sorry...................We live and Learn! :)
Thanks for the info.

never2old

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"Ooops sorry...................We live and Learn! :)
Thanks for the info.

My pleasure  :)

Still, I would prefer Mickey to speak in English... He sounds very strange in French! Plus he is American, after all... I would prefer to have Mickey speaking in English, and the CM speaking in French (instead of English with a strong French accent)

I wonder how many people will dance along...

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"Oh and when i said not-so-important event i meant really i don't really understand why they chose now, straight after a 2 year celebration for their 15th. Can someone explain why?????

Because all the disney parks are celebrating right now. mainly because its in honour of Mickey turning 80. DLRP is keeping up to speed and staying consistant with its sister parks.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"I like the music but the french Mickey sounds like he's on Helium. Still, good press event.

Oh and when i said not-so-important event i meant really i don't really understand why they chose now, straight after a 2 year celebration for their 15th. Can someone explain why?????

Because the WDW boneheads pull a lot of the strings at DLP and Jay Rasulo does not have a clue as to why people are park fans. So we get events for non important things and they miss out the important ones.
since 2001 (many before that)

Magicalmouse125

I really wish that this year they added a few extra bits of enteratinment and kept it as a normal year so that we could see the park normal for once with no castle decoration and no banners all down mainstreet.

However saying that i do like some (that is some) of the entertainment DLRP have come up with this year and i LOVE the New stages it is so cool!!!!!

Anthony

Quote from: "never2old"Still, I would prefer Mickey to speak in English... He sounds very strange in French! Plus he is American, after all... I would prefer to have Mickey speaking in English, and the CM speaking in French (instead of English with a strong French accent)
Agreed. And if there are likely to be more French speakers in the audience, it actually makes me sense to have the live host concentrate on that language, with Mickey just filling in the bits between in English. Baloo's voice on the other hand sounds spot-on.

The beginning and end of the show are actually really good, the choreography and size of the dance cast is pretty special for DLRP, but the middle part doesn't seem to know what it's doing - whether it's a Stitch dance-along thing or a plain show.

The music is brilliant though, especially that instrumental opening. CD release, Vasile?

Willow

The instrumental has been released, it was posted a few weeks ago.
CD has both the original, the remix and the instrumental.

I was listening to the instrumental just now, its really nice.

Magicalmouse125

Quote from: "Willow"The instrumental has been released, it was posted a few weeks ago.
CD has both the original, the remix and the instrumental.

I was listening to the instrumental just now, its really nice.

Is it the same instrumental used in the show, with the great strings bit, when Mickey appears also can anyone tell me where i can find this CD! Please i [strike:3p9is5nj]would like[/strike:3p9is5nj] Need it! :lol:

Kris

Na, that's just for the It's Party Time show soundtrack.. although if you need it...?

It's the true instrumental of the original track - like they used on the website.

The ribbons give such a great atmosphere... appearing from nowhere. Now I know what the holes along the edge of the stage are for! Fantastic routine and gets you going with the Disney vibe. Lots of the show lacks on that front
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!