It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends is the main show event of Mickey's Magical Party, happening every day on a brand new Central Plaza Stage. The new stage has four additional "satellite" stages connected via walkways. In addition to the Disney VIPs (Mickey, Minnie...), the show will include characters and music from The Lion King, The Jungle Book and Aladdin.

Quick Links:
    Preview Guide at DLRP Magic!
    News & Rumours at DLRP Today[/list][/list]

Quick Info:

Official text:
      QuoteIt's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends!

Game for giggles and all-out laughs? You're in for a wow of a time, because it's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends at Central Plaza! It's a whirlin' twirlin' party jam as Disney faces stir up some serious chuckledom!

Learn what it takes to make hearts sing on one of the fab satellite stages! Mickey can show you to be absolutely fabuMouse!

Come inter-act the playful Disney part, laugh, sing and party on!
      Official poster advertisement visual:

However, the final design of the stage is rumoured to be different to that above, as shown below:

[/list][/list]

It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends officially premieres on the new Central Plaza Stage from 4th April 2009!

Remco K.

Quote from: "Kristof"Work on the permanent Central Plaza Stage will start somewhere in January 2009 after the Christmas Season has finished.
      Permanent as in... permanent? ;)

Is it most likely to stay after Mickey's party has ended?

I was hoping to get our good old Central Plaza back one day, but if they make this stage look permanent (at this moment it's not really bad, just a little fake) I'm looking forward to it!

DLP-Photos.com

I completely agree with Remco.. If they really create this with detail and a Castle look, then it could be quite good. Otherwise I would really like to see Central Plaza back as it was used to look like :)
      /Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Anthony

Not long ago I would have screamed upon hearing the stage will become "permanent", but considering the amount of time it's been there now, it is probably for the best. The satellite stages are also a great idea to improve viewing angles, and if it gets some proper steps up to it, then all the better.

I even quite like the idea of a small seating area on the Frontierland boundary, considering everyone stands on the grass there anyway.  The area to the left of the Frontierland entrance is also very "empty", isn't it? Just so long as we're not talking bare steel grandstands...

Of course, the far easier option would still be to use Royal Castle Stage, but then they'd actually have to pay for a set or some decorations to save it from looking empty. Having the action up high and very distant so you can barely see it saves that...

RnRCj

If the stage is themed similar to the castle, then there's a good chance I'll like it. The brick-work should look quite nice.

The seating area could be good, but it could be really bad aswell. If they're going to hack down a load vegetation for it, then no - bad idea! If it is simply some seats around the edge of the Central Plaza that don't stand out like a sore thumb - then yes! That could even be an improvement to the area.

Want I won't like is some giant multicoloured tacky-looking stage!

The Butlin Boy

This sounds like quite a good idea. At first when I saw the word 'permanent' my initial reaction was not good, but the current stage has been very popular, and the new 'satellites' could add a whole new spin on it too. The look of it sounds very positive as well. I'm not entirely sure about the seating near Frontierland either, could prove to be either a bad move and an eye-saw, or a great success.

This also brings up the dilemma about the Castle stage. I know it doesn't have the front of the castle as a background, but it has a very large seating area for...a photolocation :roll: Doesn't really add up does it.

However, I do think that if DLRP keep inventing great new shows for this stage, then I could be a huge hit. They could even use it for a photolocation as well, there seem to be stairs at the front of it in the picture. Imagine being able to get your photo taken with Mickey and Minnie Mouse with the Castle as a background to the photos, fantastic :mrgreen:

Patrick

I still dislike this perminant stage idea, it just seems like a waste of time and effort for what the imagineers in the first place built the royal castle stage for, I mean even if they didn't decorate the royal castle stage dramatically shows could work still well there.  So no I am still not excited about this.  I just hope if they are going to make seating, at least make it look nice and fit in, well we can hope :? .

Aveen2008

i don't know what to think of this to be honest. In many ways it looks great, a new stage to fit in with the castle, different view points etc but at the same time the stge blocks out part of the castle from the main street view and im not sure I like the idea of a permenant stage there :?  Also not sure about the seating, as other people say it could be good or bad!

it will be interesting to see what happens! :)
      Luv Aveen xoxo

experiment627

Quote from: "Anthony"Of course, the far easier option would still be to use Royal Castle Stage, but then they'd actually have to pay for a set or some decorations to save it from looking empty. Having the action up high and very distant so you can barely see it saves that...

Considering the limited seating capacity of the Castle Stage - no, it wouldn't be easier to use it for these kind of signature shows that thousands of park guests would want to watch...

Riebi

I don´t like the idea of a permanent stage at central plaza. It blocks a bit my view. I like once again seeing flowers there. That all sounds a bit to much buildings and less landscaping for me. For one or two years it could be ok but forever? But it´s good to hear that they wanna theme it like the castle and not in some PARTY-way.

For the castle stage: I really like this stage. And I really like the idea that there is a real show and not just some princesses m´and g´. As a big fan of the livre magique it´s a bit sad for me to see that.
      A good used castle stage - like the years before - is for me always better than this central plaza shows all the time. Central plaza should be for some special events not for the normal shows of the resort. (And for the background I love this side view of the castle stage)

The seating area next to frontierland is the same for me. It could be a desaster. Or it could be well themed. With the last option in mind I ask myself how many visitors should get a place on this small hills? At least less then at the castle stage. And for the multi-visitor events: Don´t forget that the castle stage was the center for the big tousends of guests opening event at DLRP.
      Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Timbo

I think the stage could be okay,but would really prefer it as it was origonally as flower beds! The seating stands sound terrible,they would really take away from the enviroment,I know people stand on that hill to watch shows etc and that bothers me any way !! They should put more plants in there to keep people of that area !! or get the cast members to do their job and keep guests off it !

experiment627

Quote from: "Riebi"And for the multi-visitor events: Don´t forget that the castle stage was the center for the big tousends of guests opening event at DLRP.

No, it wasn't. It was one of the venues for the opening shows. But there was stuff going on all around. (And it wouldn't be Disney if the stage had been open for all guests that evening... this thing was certainly invited guests only!)

Fact is: the theatre has a capacity of some 1.000 guests.

I would love to see a regular show returning to the theatre as anyone else here on these boards, but I totally get why Disney needs higher capacity venues for signature "event"-shows. (Which could also bring us back to the topic of The Lion King dying a long, slow death...)

So, here's to the new Central Plaza Stage! May it bring great quality entertainment to all of us!

Nicholas-c

i think i will wait for it to be up and ready then see what i think, not 100% on the idea
      August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
      Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
      July 2009 - All alone

danwills

I cant imagine the extra seating being anything but a good idea, when I visited during the summer the staff were often overwhelmed by the amount of guests, so had little control to where they went especially as it was dark. We are talking about Disneyland Park here, so I doubt the finished product would be anything but beautiful. I am guessing the seating area would be made up of a number of step rows that sit into the bank following the shape of the hub, like a shallow partial amphitheater. At least with an addition like this the guests can be managed and prevented from destroying the area every night, which seems to happen.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Riebi"I don´t like the idea of a permanent stage at central plaza. It blocks a bit my view. I like once again seeing flowers there. That all sounds a bit to much buildings and less landscaping for me. For one or two years it could be ok but forever? But it´s good to hear that they wanna theme it like the castle and not in some PARTY-way.

For the castle stage: I really like this stage. And I really like the idea that there is a real show and not just some princesses m´and g´. As a big fan of the livre magique it´s a bit sad for me to see that.
      A good used castle stage - like the years before - is for me always better than this central plaza shows all the time. Central plaza should be for some special events not for the normal shows of the resort. (And for the background I love this side view of the castle stage)

The seating area next to frontierland is the same for me. It could be a desaster. Or it could be well themed. With the last option in mind I ask myself how many visitors should get a place on this small hills? At least less then at the castle stage. And for the multi-visitor events: Don´t forget that the castle stage was the center for the big tousends of guests opening event at DLRP.

I completely agree. Also, Main Street and Central Plaza are not supposed to be a generic blank canvas for seasonal events. This is taking a mistake even further.