Webcam at DLRP?

Started by Bettan, November 14, 2008, 12:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bettan

I think it would be fun if they had a webcam where you can see for example how much people it is on Main Street.

What do you think about that?

Nicholas-c

It would be good but they could only have it on in the day so you don't see what they get up to at night, if someone forgot to turn it off when the parcs closed it could be a disaster :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

The Butlin Boy

I'd love to see that, that way I could see the magic everyday :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll happen :roll:

Adam

A webcam would be great, but I doubt it would ever happen. It would be too risky, as someone may forget to turn it off, as well as the issue of a variety of cameras and duplicate characters. It is similar to the situation for EastEnders and their webcams, which have to be turned on and off a lot (if they still even have it!).

I doubt they would want to put on Main Street, as people would see the parade without having to be there, which may put people off, as well as showing people how busy it could be if they visited, which may also put them off! Also, they couldn't have it too high, as it would show too much of "backstage"!

RnRCj

A webcam in the parks definitely wouldn't work because of the reasons Adam said.

However, I can't see any problems with putting one over the resort hub, or in the Disney Village. It would be great to see the amount of people heading towards the parks, and seeing what the weather is like etc.

And, of course, the hub and the Disney Village don't close, so there would be no problems with turning the cameras off.

The Butlin Boy

Perhaps they could do one for certain attractions, instead of general lands. For example, they could have one of the TOT, watching it drop people into the twilight zone, or space mountain with a camera looking at the whole building launching people into space :wink: They could even have one inside the cannon! :lol:

Bettan

Good ideas The Butlin Boy! I like your suggestions!!!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Bettan"Good ideas The Butlin Boy! I like your suggestions!!!

Thank you! :)

Anthony

A camera attached to PanoraMagique would be pretty cool.

You'd get a great idea of the weather and a spectacular view over the resort. It's also far enough from the parks that secrets wouldn't be spoilt, but any new visitors would instantly be able to see how huge ToT is on the landscape. You'd also be able to watch it going up and down throughout the day, which I guess would also help sell more tickets for the balloon itself.

It'd need a very long USB cable though... :P

Bettan

That is also a very good idea. It would be fun if you can choose what direction to look at from the baloon.

GeoffD

how about one pointing at the castle, all the time.

andrewg112

I think the idea is brilliant or at christmas one overlooking hotels new yorks ice rink ( if they even do that now)! It would be good to see one in mainstreet but it wouldnt happen, but it would be good to see one at night to see the cleaning and the maintinence!
-Andrewg112-
We can achieve our dreams, if we have enough courage to persue them!

bigrossco

Quote from: "Anthony"A camera attached to PanoraMagique would be pretty cool.

You'd get a great idea of the weather and a spectacular view over the resort. It's also far enough from the parks that secrets wouldn't be spoilt, but any new visitors would instantly be able to see how huge ToT is on the landscape. You'd also be able to watch it going up and down throughout the day, which I guess would also help sell more tickets for the balloon itself.

It'd need a very long USB cable though... :P

It could work :D just get a wireless web cam / security cam (there is such a thing!)

would of been nice to of had a webcam at disney, maybe at the ride area where you get onto the rides?  Thats what I would do then stream it into the Hotel Rooms so you can see the q's before you leave for the park, and also have tv screens around the park so you can see how bad the q's are ;)
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Nicholas-c

Maybe when i win the super rollover euro lotto and buy the Sleeping Beauty Suite i will install a webcam :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"Maybe when i win the super rollover euro lotto and buy the Sleeping Beauty Suite i will install a webcam :P

I'll hold you to that! :P  :wink: