Closures — attraction refurbishment schedules

Started by Kristof, February 07, 2006, 08:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"The castle is diying for a rehab

Indeed, just like the bridge in front of the castle. I've had a picture of the bad shape of the bridge somewhere, but I can't find it anymore. Believe me, its really bad.

Anthony

The latest official closure dates show two new closures and alteration:

Moteurs... Action!
6th to 18th June 2006

Pirates' Beach
29th May to 9th June 2006

Big Thunder Mountain
21st August to 6th October 2006

Hopefully they're repainting and repairing the stunt show sets.

Nala_84

Do you know whether the park entry will be cheaper in September? I won't go there this year but I would definitely not pay the same price while BTM is closed ;)

When will the closure dates of next year be released? In February/March?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Quote from: "Baloo"The latest official closure dates show two new closures and alteration:

Moteurs... Action!
6th to 18th June 2006

Pirates' Beach
29th May to 9th June 2006

Big Thunder Mountain
21st August to 6th October 2006

Hopefully they're repainting and repairing the stunt show sets.

Thanks, I'll update the list!  :D

swity

On the offical disneyland homepage it says that big thunder mountain will be closed from june  6th to june 18th?? I really hope so because I will go to disineyland inseptember and its my favourite attraction....
I loked again and it only says so on the german page...strange

Kristof

Hi Swity, I'm sorry, those dates have been confirmed by the park managment.   :(

Kristof

The refurbed POTC reopened this week.  Lots of work was done to bring the ride back to its original glamour:

- Additional light was added to the Caribbean Esplanade (the outside queue line)
- All costumes were replaced by identical new ones
- The treasure with squid and crab received additional lighting
- The swinging Pirate has returned
- The canonball splashing effect is back
- Smoke is back at the second drop
- Water has been replaced

Anthony

Great stuff!  Lovely to see they take such good care of the attractions.  I hope they sorted out the smelly queue line too... lol

Nala_84

...does anyone know whether I can expect a "rehab-free" DLRP next year? ;)
I hope that all these (great!) rehabs are only planned to prepare the 15th-Birthday-Party.
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

I don't think there will be a lot of rehabs next year, probably just the ones they have to do annualy (for the safety of the guests).

experiment627

Quote from: "Nala_84"...does anyone know whether I can expect a "rehab-free" DLRP next year? ;)

Well, the parks are usually "rehab-free" when they are expecting high attendance. So if you can deal with crowds, all the attractions you like might be open.  :wink:

Patrick

WOW that sounds fantastic about Pirates and all I expected was a simple cleaning of some areas but no completely redone thngs yay, getting me even more excited to see it next week dunno why but I love the splashing water at the cannonball area :lol: .

flor

Space Mountain has to close at least 2 times for a check-up. And RNRC closes at least once a month (normally, what is said by a CM) for a technical check-up.  but that is not really a refurb ;-)

Anthony

Dates up to June 2007: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/resort/ ... dclosures/

Aside from the much-moaned-about Big Thunder closure, there's going to be lots of 2-week closures of the main attractions, plus *finally* the start of Molly Brown's long refurbishment (early September to late April!!). There's so much working being done that they're even refurbishing Liberty Arcade and the statue of liberty tableaux!! Oh, and the Studios have some closures this time aswell - aswell as a strange 3-week Tram Tour closure in November, there will be a 3-week Flying Carpets closure in March, probably so that they can do some major improvements in that area ready for the Toon Studio changeover.

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"*finally* the start of Molly Brown's long refurbishment (early September to late April!!).

Thats great news. I thought that Molly Brown was damaged so much that it could never ever cruise over the Rivers of the Far West again. I'm glad to hear that's not true. It seems like next summer, during the 15th, Frontierland will shine again after years of neglect. Two refurbished riverboats, a Big Thunder Mountain as new... and ofcourse all other rehabs of the restaurants and other buildings...