Closures — attraction refurbishment schedules

Started by Kristof, February 07, 2006, 08:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

With the two Disney Parks open 365 days a year, essential maintenance and upkeep has to happen during scheduled attraction closures throughout the season, published a few months in advance.

Plan in advance using the list at the link below and make sure you don't miss your favourite!

Closures & Refurbishments on DLP Guide

Masamune

o.o What's "Le pays des contes de fées"? And will Autopia be closing in October of this year too?

Patrick

Quote from: "Masamune"o.o What's "Le pays des contes de fées"? And will Autopia be closing in October of this year too?

Le pays des contes de fees is the boat ride at the back of Fantasyland beyond the railroad taking people through some miniture scenes from fairytales and Autopia closes every October for a winter rehab.

Masamune

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"
Quote from: "Masamune"o.o What's "Le pays des contes de fées"? And will Autopia be closing in October of this year too?

Le pays des contes de fees is the boat ride at the back of Fantasyland beyond the railroad taking people through some miniture scenes from fairytales and Autopia closes every October for a winter rehab.
:( Noooooooo! I love that ride! :cry: *Will have to spend extra time on Casey Jr to make up for it* :P

Kristof

List updated!

Anthony

QuoteThunder Mesa Riverboat Landing: return of Mark Twain on fridays, saturdays, sundays and mondays starting 11/03
Yess!!!!  :D  :D

Shame it's not daily operation, but it's a start I guess.

Kristof

The Big Thunder Mountain rehab has been resheduled from 17/08 to 14/10.

Anthony

At first that shocked me, but I guess it makes sense.  They'll want BTM to be open for the busy part of the Halloween festival, and now that they'll have the Keelboats and Riverboat (as well as the extra capacity from Buzz) they don't have to be too worried about closing it during August.

BTM is the ride most in-need of a refurbishment anyway, so it's all good.

Kristof

Maybe it will be open only during the afternoons are something like that.  That was rumoured a long time ago.  :?:

Kristof

A friend CM has been told that the castle will be covered in scaffolding somehwere this year for an extensive repaint and rehab!

(yay  :D )

Anthony

LOL, if that happens during the Big Thunder refurb, can you imagine the amount of complaints at City Hall??!  :?

Great news anyway, from a distance it still looks as beautiful as ever, but the cracks are beginning to show.  I'm glad they're doing it now rather than leaving it even longer (which is what would have happened a few years ago).

Anthony

I just thought - maybe the Castle refurb will be in October.  This way, they won't have BTM and the Castle covered up at the same time (for too long), and they'll be able to cover up the castle works by saying the "pumpkinmen have attacked it!" or something.

Basically, if they don't do the refurb before November, then they're going to have to do it in January 2007 - they can't have Christmas without the castle!

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"I just thought - maybe the Castle refurb will be in October.

Or perhaps in September? Just after the Summer Season and before the busy Halloween Season.  :wink:

Anthony

Yeah, that could work actually.  I was just imagining the horror for some guests if they turned up to find BTM closed and the castle covered in scaffolding... :lol:

I wonder how long they'll need? :?

Dlrpfan

September will bee better cot there is barely any people there. The castle is diying for a rehab
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012