General Studios Enhancements

Started by Kristof, February 02, 2006, 01:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Sorry for quoting someone from another forum again, but I found something intresting I wanted to share with you. Although we've all heard the rumours before, it seems that everything is more serious then I thought.

"The latest word from my friend in DLRP Imagineering is that Soarin' Over The World has been given the green light. It won't open until 2009 though, so what do we have to look forward to in the meantime?
How about a brand new (almost) Studio Tram Tour? The route is going to be completely changed and lengthened, with the addition of several new scenes. One of these will probably be a Pearl Harbour attack set piece, set around an effects tank. The park will also gain a central plaza, where the current Tram Tour station is located. This plaza will feature a large circular fountain, which promises to be quite impressive.There are also some changes coming to the Animation and Production Courtyards, with both areas due to be given a makeover.It's all go at the Studios!"

Source: "Soundtracker" at http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22529

So, what do you think of all these changes? If this guy over at MiceChat tells us the truth, we may see a whole different Studios park in 2009, compared to 2002-2006.  8)

Anthony

Thanks for the info, Maarten!  Don't worry about quoting again, this is intriguing stuff.

It does all sound good, but to be honest I'm not sure how much I trust that person.  I could have guessed most of that myself, the only really new part is the fact that Soarin' has been given the green light.  To be honest I think it's really early for Imagineering to have been given this, surely they want to at least see what effect Buzz has on attendance before starting on a 4th major new attraction?  I can't think where the money's coming from, either.  I think Soarin' is way more expensive than it looks...

Maybe Imagineering have been given the green light to *design* the placement of a Soarin' attraction in the park?  I think that seems more likely...

I guess we'll have to wait and see whether "Soundtracker"'s info about the Monsters Inc photo location was correct.  And until then, rumours are always fun.  :D  :wink:

Maarten

I was just looking at the trailer of The Wild. So I thought, isn't it about time to remove some Chicken Little filmposters at the lightpoles in Animation Courtyard? Besides posters of The Wild, they could also start to add some posters of Cars too. It's the perfect opportunity to get rid of the outdated Chicken Little promotion, and to grab everybody's attention towards The Wild and Cars?  :)

Kinou

Let's just forget about the Wild: it's a crappy movie that disney should be ashamed of distribute adn put their brand on it. Just as dumb as Valiant last year...
Hug it out bitch !

Maarten

Quote from: "Kinou"Let's just forget about the Wild: it's a crappy movie that disney should be ashamed of distribute adn put their brand on it. Just as dumb as Valiant last year...

Disney should be ashamed of Chicken Little if you ask me, but guess what, the Walt Disney Studios became Chicken Little Studios with all the advertising. So, bringing in some posters (=adds) to the Studios hasn't got anything to do with the quality of a movie as you can see. From a business point of view it might be rather intresting to get people to know your movie. They should use this opportunity.

Kinou

As lame as Chicken was, it was a Disney movie. The Wild is not from Diseny but CORE Studios, just like Valiant last year. Disney only distribute the movie. Did you see advertisements for Valiant last year?
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

Valiant didn't even get released here in Belgium by Disney, but by Belga Films in the movie theatres and on dvd by Universal (as well as 80 Days around the World).

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Valiant didn't even get released here in Belgium by Disney, but by Belga Films in the movie theatres and on dvd by Universal (as well as 80 Days around the World).
Yeah, Disney only picked up Valiant for its US distribution, thankfully.  I've forgotten who released it here, but even though it's a british film it did pretty rubbish.

And Valiant was made entirely by Vanguard Animation in the UK (no involvement from Disney), not by CORE.

Anyway, to get this back on topic - I wouldn't like to see a "The Wild" billboard either.  Not only because the film looks a bit rubbish (to say the least), but because zoo animals don't fit very well across Studio 1.  With Chicken Little, they had the whole "they're making a movie about my life!" thing, and with Cars... well, I guess it's American and it's set along Route 66.

I think they should ditch the billboard and turn the Last Chance Gas/Gossip Column part of Studio 1 into a temporary Cars merchandise store.  I know they want the billboard to tempt people over to the Studios instead of Disneyland Park (because they think there's something going on), but I doubt it actually works that well.

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Anyway, to get this back on topic - I wouldn't like to see a "The Wild" billboard either.  Not only because the film looks a bit rubbish (to say the least), but because zoo animals don't fit very well across Studio 1.

I didn't ment the awful billboard in front of Studio 1, I just ment some filmposters at the lightpoles over at Animation Courtyard. And thematically Tarzan doens't fit either in Frontierland, nor does Aerosmith in a movie studio style park or that awful Space Ranger in Discoveryland.

Kristof

I little blue bird told me that the new "hub" that will replace the tram tour station, will be surrounded by lots of trees and flowers, since EDLI wants to make the Studios greener.

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"I didn't ment the awful billboard in front of Studio 1, I just ment some filmposters at the lightpoles over at Animation Courtyard.
Aah, ok, sorry!  :oops:

In that case, I actually agree.  I haven't been since they put the posters up, but I can remember seeing at least 3 Chicken Little ones, and personally I really don't think that film deserves it.  They should perhaps put at least 1 poster from The Wild up, and maybe a few for some lesser-known Disney films like "Saludos Amigos", or even some very early Walt Disney cartoons?

I'm not a fan of having posters up for Disney Channel shows or films like "The Pacifier" either...

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"Aah, ok, sorry!  :oops:

Sorry, did I sound rude? I didn't mean it that way!  :(

QuoteI'm not a fan of having posters up for Disney Channel shows or films like "The Pacifier" either...

I agree. But I guess Disney hasn't produced that many blockbuster movies on its own. I mean, they made a deal with MGM in the 80s, so they could use their films at the Disney-MGM Studios. Disney didn't make live-action films at that time. But now we're 20 years later, and in the meantime Touchstone and Miramax made well known, high quality life-action films. But apparently not that many so they could spice up some lightpoles in our Studios. :wink:

That takes me to my next question. Would it be nice (if Disney has got the right to use them ofcourse) to replace some filmposters like the one of The Pacifer, with a poster of Star Wars or Indiana Jones? These two films are already represented at the Disneyland Park and Star Wars is used at Cinemagique, so do you think they are allowed to place two filmposters of these two films? These two movies are so well known and respected, that I would rather have a poster of these two films or even the Muppets.

I especially like this one:

Well, that was my last suggestion about the filmposters at the lightpoles. From now on I will promise you guys I will talk about something different insteed.  :D

Anthony

I love that idea Maarten!  I think the main reason why those posters are a bit overpowing is because they're all Disney films.  It's not like the entire history of moviemaking has been Disney, Disney Disney...  :wink:

The Monsters Inc photo location is coming along very well!  They're putting the main section of it together backstage by the TV Studios and have painted some really cool new markings on the ground...

From looking at the backdrop under preparation there, I'd hazard a guess that it'll be the Scare Floor, with Boo's door in the background.  Maybe the door at the side leads to a small "backstage" section, and then Sulley can step out through a recreated Boo's door?  Just a guess.  :wink:

Here's an example:

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"It's not like the entire history of moviemaking has been Disney, Disney Disney...  :wink:

No, I see, but somehow I just want them to use the wow-effect, so people will be impressed; "Look, they made this blockbuster too! Disney is more then just some animated movies!"  :)

I don't care Lucas made the films by the way, people won't even notice. Especially if they have seen Star Tours and Indian Jones and the Temple of Peril. They will probably think its part of Disney.

Nala_84

Where exactly will the Monsters, Inc. photolocation be situated? I LOVE Monsters Inc.!

...and I've already a photo together with Sulley, but it's not a digital one :(
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]