General Studios Enhancements

Started by Kristof, February 02, 2006, 01:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Look, this is the way I want to see it! A quality photolocation if you ask me. They may tear down the Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Chicken Litlle ones right away, and replace them with some more high quality/interactive photolocations like this one. Its so well integrated into this corner of Animation Courtyard... seems like its designed together with the rest of the park in the late 90s.  :)

By the way; is Sulley the only character at this photolocation? I remember reading somwhere that Mike would be a statue? I think they should use some other "actors" form the movie too. The costumes are already designed and used at Block Party Bash in DCA. So what are they waiting for?  :wink:

Kristof

Costumes are very expensive to purchase.  I hope they won't add that Mike statue, it will make the set look a lot cheaper.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"I hope they won't add that Mike statue, it will make the set look a lot cheaper.
Yeah, it was rumoured but this weekend it seemed to be popular enough without needing a "character" there all the time.  They've had to get rid of the fish at the Nemo location because they were just getting too battered all the time, and I think the same would happen to Mike.

They should do something with the "Scream Monitors" though - I'm not sure if they're really meant to do anything, but they don't at the moment.

The whole thing looks a million times better than the entrance to DCA's Monsters attraction though.  I was truly very very impressed with how much effort had gone into the area, with all the details and signs around the place.  :D

Anthony

Did it say "F5" there last weekend?  I'm sure it was just a blank corrugated steel wall...

Edit (after bothering to check the last page of the forum): No it didn't.  It's good that they added that in - the only single criticism I've read about the photo location is that the wall behind the door was a bit bare.  :)

Kristof

Yeah, you're right!  Here's a photo from last week:

Kristof

The Scream Monitors are now finally working!!!!  You can see the volume going up when kids are screaming. 8)

Dlrpfan

LOL that looks sooo cool!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

The Butlin Boy

The CDA have arrived at the Monsters INC photolocation!
http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... udios.html

Anthony

WOW! This photo location just keeps getting better and better!!  It's all so detailed (compared to the rest of the park), I can't wait to see what they do with the rest of the land.

Now they need to add that Mike figure that was rumoured...

Fantillusion

i think the mike figure would ruin it. Is the finding nemo photolocation still there?

(THIS IS MY FIRST POST) :D
-Craig

Anthony

Quote from: "Fantillusion"i think the mike figure would ruin it. Is the finding nemo photolocation still there?
Welcome to the forum, Fantillusion!  :D Feel free into introduce yourself here.  :wink:

The Finding Nemo location is still there, yes.  I'd forgotten about it, actually - will it be removed or replaced once the new attraction opens, I wonder?

Why do you think a Mike figure would ruin it?  :)

Fantillusion

The mike figure would make it look stagnant and cheap. If they done it well it could look good
-Craig

Maarten

Quote from: "Fantillusion"The mike figure would make it look stagnant and cheap.

I completely agree. The only way I would like to see Mike, is as an actual character. It would be strange to see a "living" Sulley, next to a "statue" Mike.  :wink:

Dlrpfan

me too it will reuin the whole feel
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Fantillusion

So far it is cool and modern! I would love to see lots of colour in flowers and plants.It still looks a little bare! :!:
-Craig