Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Quote from: "peter"so, they wont build splash mountain, arguably THE best ride in the world, but they will ruin the music its based on?!!
Actually, there are blueprints for Splash Mountain to be built where the Frontierland train station is. ;) I tried to find a DLRPToday article about it, but I couldn't find it.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Meph"
Quote from: "peter"so, they wont build splash mountain, arguably THE best ride in the world, but they will ruin the music its based on?!!
Actually, there are blueprints for Splash Mountain to be built where the Frontierland train station is. ;) I tried to find a DLRPToday article about it, but I couldn't find it.

Oh wow! :thumbs:

dagobert

Quote from: "aliscrapper"
Quote from: "Meph"

Oh wow! :thumbs:

Plans also exist for a Grizzly River Run in Frontierlanf for DLP.

http://joethedisneyman.blogspot.com/200 ... yland.html

Sorry for going off topic!!

ulak

Quote from: "dagobert"Does someone know what the members of other forums think about the show stops. I think it needs more people than the members of magicforum and if other forums think the same, then they should join forces.

Good question - "Does someone know what the members of other forums think about the show stops?"  :?:
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "captain rocket"if you still have the contact with DLRP management, I would suggest that you encourage them to read this thread, who knows they may be able to save something form this debacle
I think the forum is read, generally, but if by the people who have power to do something, I don't know. As for other forums, I can't see anything on Disney Central Plaza... It's probably lucky for the parade that there's a lot of other things happening right now.

The show stop is pretty terrible. Wasn't this meant to improve upon the earlier Magical Moments change? It just reminds me of terrible kids parties I had to endure during my childhood. Even then I'd choose to sit out at the side...

Laura678

Its like a dress rehearsal when a few people turn up who haven't been to any of the classes leading up to it and try join in....

So so messy... I will be skipping the parade in July
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

DisneyBud

This version of Zip-a-dee... kind of sounds like that which was mixed into 'Remember the magic', the parade soundtrack for WDW 25th celebration. I kind of like the song. At least the powers that be realised that something more upbeat was needed. However, I am sure this wasn't the right way of executing it. Maybe they have run out of ideas now/can't be bothered to have another change, so we will be stuck with this all season?

ulak

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "captain rocket"if you still have the contact with DLRP management, I would suggest that you encourage them to read this thread, who knows they may be able to save something form this debacle
I think the forum is read, generally, but if by the people who have power to do something, I don't know. As for other forums, I can't see anything on Disney Central Plaza... It's probably lucky for the parade that there's a lot of other things happening right now.

And you or other webmasters cant say this to the right peoples? Thank you!

Really bad ...  :?  :?

ulak

I got this reply on official facebook:

Disneyland® Paris: Hello, this new interactive show stops have been made for the the Magical Moments Festival and invite children to join their favorite characters on the parade. We try to innovate every year to offer new shows for guest of all ages.
Marilyne

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Ok can I just add that I'm not one of these parents with a child who thinks they own Disneyland.

I think you are referring to my post. I know that most parents don't think that way. In 2008 we just had some bad experiences with parents and their kids while watching the parade, while trying to get a picture with Mickey and while queuing for Dumbo. In WDW the parents were more relaxed.

Hey no offense taken. I do know where your coming from though as I feel the same sometimes :)
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

kate&phoo

I just wanted to add that I have a very lively five year old little girl who would love nothing more than to dance with the characters at Disneyland, but even I think this parade is truly awful.

The parade should be magical and this sucks the magic right out of it - it loses energy and pace and, without wanting to over dramatise, it does kind of degrade the characters.

My little girl is happy to watch the parade and content with having Mickey and Mary Poppins "wave" at her. This parade has been a massive mistake and I hope it all gets rectified asap.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "kate&phoo"My little girl is happy to watch the parade and content with having Mickey and Mary Poppins "wave" at her. This parade has been a massive mistake and I hope it all gets rectified asap.

This is the same for my daughter, don't get me wrong she would love to get chosen but if she didn't she would be constantly asking why and possibly could get upset.

So glad I'm going Halloween when the show stops should be gone.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

DisneyBud

Characters Photos Blog reported that once again Maleficent has taken her place in DOUD.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

DisneyDad

Yeah agree with everthing you've said - not digging the stops....but......I'm there on the 26th May with my 5-Year old daughter so would love to see her picked to dance with the princesses!

I'd worked out the best places to stand for the stops on the old parade to watch the dance, but does anyone know where the princess float stops now????

ulak

New video on official DLP youtube with MUCH censored of comments...

[youtube:23zj5q3d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfRMDeN25W4&feature=feedu[/youtube:23zj5q3d]

DLP still guess that peoples like it or what?