Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scissorsboi

The music is Disney, it's a poor remix of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, but it's been Character Express treated and tweaked beyond recognition.

Parades don't need to be interactive, by their nature they are something which you watch as it passes. Interactive would be a show, and the character express show this year would be perfect for interaction. Maybe they should switch off the show stops here, onto the dancing there?

The stops actually suck all the energy out of the parade, it takes the magic out for people who aren't involved. I'm all for changes to things if they work/are on a trial period, however the 'this is what we want, this is what you're stuck with' approach is wrong, and ruins a perfectly good (once hailed as the worlds best Disney parade) show!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

nathandgina

Quote from: "DisneyBud"
Quote from: "nathandgina"Hi All,

I returned to DLRP on Friday for the day to avoid the "Wedding" and my daughter joined the Princesses and Princes for a dance during the show stop.  It absolutely made her day, she is still smiling now!!
A great idea for a special moment!!!!!!!

Love it and hope it stays!!!!
the knack is to identify the correct place to stand and get there approx half an hour prior to the parade start time!!

Roll on 17th June!!

Nathan :D/

I too was at Disneyland on Friday, and also got to join in with the princes and princesses. Well I was roped in to hold one of the flower garlands, but it was still fun. Which set of princesses was she with? Would love to see any photos you have.

My wife took the pictures on her iphone, I will ask her to upload them and will send some across, she was with Cinderella and Prince Charming at the first show stop.
There seems to be alot of disgruntled parents/disney fans.  It may be "a mess/waste of time" bla bla bla if you are not involved, but for those lucky ones, it is truly magic and lets face it, part of the Disney magic is to look at the characters and you get to see them for longer, so what is the issue???!!!??? :twisted:

ulak

Ugliest thing of all ! It has degrade all characters!  :shock:  :evil:  :cry:

[youtube:2i4ll6h6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEid2siePPE&feature=feedu[/youtube:2i4ll6h6]
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

aliscrapper

Quote from: "ulak"Ugliest thing of all ! It has degrade all characters!  :shock:  :evil:  :cry:

[youtube:kubub88s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEid2siePPE&feature=feedu[/youtube:kubub88s]

Couldn't agree with you more!  What are the "big kids" meant to do whilst the kiddy party is going on??? :cry:

Scissorsboi

Quote from: "nathandgina"My wife took the pictures on her iphone, I will ask her to upload them and will send some across, she was with Cinderella and Prince Charming at the first show stop.
There seems to be alot of disgruntled parents/disney fans.  It may be "a mess/waste of time" bla bla bla if you are not involved, but for those lucky ones, it is truly magic and lets face it, part of the Disney magic is to look at the characters and you get to see them for longer, so what is the issue???!!!??? :twisted:

There's good reason to be disgruntled (although I hope you're being sarcastic), the parade isn't just for kids, and it definately isn't just for kids and their parents. Walt set out to build Disneyland in California as a place where kids and adults alike could have fun, after watching kids on a carousel and seeing the parents being unable to ride at the sides. The parade isn't for kids and parents, it's for everyone. Right now these show stops are not only dissapointing people who visit who don't have kids*, but also the kids who AREN'T chosen to take part.

I have no doubt that your children enjoyed getting that extra interaction with the characters and taking part in general. But just think, there's other kids there who aren't chosen by a Princess, a Prince, or a giant talking animal, who will feel that they aren't as special. It's all or nothing to keep everyone happy, and at 'the happiest place on Earth' surely they should be aiming for all at all times?

*I realise that people these days assume DLP is for kids and parents, that's due to bad marketing, but for people like me who will most likely never have children of their own, it's these 'kid friendly' additions which take away the magic of the parks that little bit more. It's for everyone, I should be able to enjoy the parade without having to sit through other people cooing about how adorable their little ones look dancing in a circle and on the other side hearing an unchosen child cry. Stop the interactions altogether and eradicate both problems in one hit. If you wanna do interactions, run a pre-parade to warm the crowd up.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

dagobert

Very well written, Scissorsboi, and I totally agree with you.

Unfortunately there are some parents out there who think that Disneyland belongs to them and their children. Sometimes it was really annoying when parents looked at us in the way that we shoudn't be here, especially when we wanted to get a picture with a character or queued for Dumbo.

It's about time that DLRP offers something for adults again. But that's not the topic here.

I really hope that many people complain at Guest Relations about the parade, so that these interactions will stop.

captain rocket

A point being missed by most of us is that DLRP is a place were anyone can do anything if they are prepared to be at the right place/right time and prepared to queue with everyone else, this is fair to all. The parade stops are not fair to everyone and whilst a small handful of children and their parents will be delighted, a very large number of children will be disapointed and that is just not fair! This is the main reason why these stops should be canned! What would happen if parents and children not invited decided to tke part anyway? the Disney security could be overwhelmed and chaos would ensue, don't think its not possible, parents can be totally illogical when it comes to their kids! Bring back Just like we dreamed it!!!

ulak

someplace where can people scribe an complain about this thing! Or petition maybe?
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

aliscrapper

Quote from: "ulak"someplace where can people scribe an complain about this thing! Or petition maybe?

Great idea! :thumbs:   Does anyone know the best way of going about this??

TowMater

I would suggest writing in letters, send them to a forum member who will be going to DLRP shortly then him/her will give them to City Hall.

maybe?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

peter

Send a private message to a moderator so that next time they meet management they can tell them

dagobert

Does someone know what the members of other forums think about the show stops. I think it needs more people than the members of magicforum and if other forums think the same, then they should join forces.

littlemermaid83

Ok can I just add that I'm not one of these parents with a child who thinks they own Disneyland.

You know the best thing about going at Halloween will be that there is no Show stops.

They have ruined zip-a-dee-do-dah for me, one of my fave songs ruined by DLP managment. :(
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

peter

so, they wont build splash mountain, arguably THE best ride in the world, but they will ruin the music its based on?!!

dagobert

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Ok can I just add that I'm not one of these parents with a child who thinks they own Disneyland.

I think you are referring to my post. I know that most parents don't think that way. In 2008 we just had some bad experiences with parents and their kids while watching the parade, while trying to get a picture with Mickey and while queuing for Dumbo. In WDW the parents were more relaxed.