Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Thanks for all this inside info Kinou, it's really amazing how much we know about the parade already!  :D

A float with kids at the front of the parade sounds much better than using it as a finale.  It'll start the parade off well with lots of people involved, and show the crowds watching that they're a part of the parade too...

Using Woody on the float with Buzz is a good thing too - it'll mean the float hopefully won't be as modern as if it had just been Buzz. :D

It's a shame that the characters "confirmed" to be featuring are already overlapping a lot with Disney Cinema Parade, but oh well...  at least there should be fewer Princesses in this parade!  :D

Maarten

QuoteIt's a shame that the characters "confirmed" to be featuring are already overlapping a lot with Disney Cinema Parade, but oh well...

Indeed, I didn't think of that before. So maybe the rumors about the disappearance of the Disney Cinema Parade are true then? That would be a loss in my opinion. Not only is the parade still "new", they could use the Stars and Motorcars Parade as a nighttime parade if they keep DCP. That would mean they can keep the Studios open longer so people will spent more money in the park. But if the Disney Cinema Parade will go, that would automaticly mean that Stars and Motorcars would be a replacement of this daytime parade. Or am I to fast with my conclusions now?  :)

Quoteat least there should be fewer Princesses in this parade!  :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed, haha. I hate those princesses, but on the other hand... can you imagine a Disney parade without them? All those little girls will be heavily dissapointed. I guess City Hall will become very busy if that happens...  :wink:

Kris

Although a whole Toy Story float will look great, I would have prefered this parade to be kinda classical Disney, rather than Pixar animations. I'm sure it will be great however!

Not only do some of the mentioned floats clash with DCP, but some of Stars and Motor Cars too! I hope there won't be too many duplications  :P

I'm really interested in the style of the new DLP parade anyway. I hope the music has a catchy element, but also sounds dramatic. I know I've said it a million times, but I'd love a "real" parade sound system with underliners etc. Have I made that point clear enough?  8)

I wish the next year would go a lot faster... I can't wait to see this parade  :lol:
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

I was also wondering...  I guess they're going to hire more people for this parade, right? (maybe the same amount CM's as for ImagiNations?)
That would probably mean that those CM's have to do Fantillusion too that night?  Wouldn't that be awesome????  Lots of butterflies, dancers, ...  :D

Kris

Yeah, I now get the impression of not only more dancers than what we have now in total (cast and characters), but a ton of characters too  :P

More CMs means better parades everywhere. Also, Stars And Motorcars can be big too as they are not floats, merely cars. Almost anyone could drive those, so they don't need skilled float drivers. So excited about the cast size as that must also reflect the scale and budget of the whole parade, no?  :shock:

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY  :P
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Nala_84

...Are there any news for the parade? ;)

Didn't someone say that this parade already exists in an American Disney Park? Are there any pictures about it? I'm so curious  :ears:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"Didn't someone say that this parade already exists in an American Disney Park? Are there any pictures about it? I'm so curious  :ears:
There were rumours that we'd get the "Share A Dream Come True" parade from WDW's Magic Kingdom, but this is untrue.  Our new parade will be totally unique! :D

It might be a while until we find out more, get an official press release or a logo or anything - the resort hasn't even reached its 14th Anniversary yet!  :(  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Has there been any news lately about the new parade?

Kristof

We got told that EPC got a preview of the parade a few days ago.  Models and concept art were shown to the CM's backstage.... Does anyone know more?

babybert

I start in epc in 2 weeks... so will hopefully keep you all posted when i c all the concept stuff for the new parade!

Dlrpfan

thx babybert and gl at EPC
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

From the DLRP press release about the 15th Anniversary celebration

QuoteIt starts the moment you step onto Main Street, U.S.A.®. Before you know it, your toes are tapping to the spectacular new Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade. But they're not the only ones tapping. You might just get a tap on the shoulder from the hand (or paw) of a famous Disney Character. Mickey, Minnie, Baloo, or Cinderella! They're all here to re-live with you the most beloved Disney stories like never before. Be our guest: Dance. Sing. Do everything you've dreamed – in new Character locations created for this very special year.

Kristof

I got some more information from my EPC friends.  It looks like they're evaluating the use of trampolines and other acrobatic stuff.

Kristof

New creative text:

Imagine a dream that lasts the whole year...
Imagine seeing some of your favourite dreams on parade. Adventure. Friendship.
Romance. All of them come to life before your very eyes.
Imagine joining Mickey and friends in a once-in-a-lifetime chance to relive some of
your favourite Disney moments and stories, with some of the most recent and timeless
Disney Characters. Imagine being able to laugh, dance and skip-a-di-doo-da along
with the likes of Baloo, Cinderella, Timon, Woody and Pinocchio – up close.
Imagine you are here... for the all-new Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade, a
yearlong new parade created just for the 15th anniversary of Disneyland® Resort
Paris. It's everything you've ever imagined. Find it all – along with surprises beyond
your wildest dreams. From April 2007.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Imagine seeing some of your favourite dreams on parade. Adventure. Friendship. Romance.
Do you think each float will feature a differently themed dream?  One for romance (princesses?), one for friendship (woody & buzz?), one for adventure (Jungle book?) etc..?  It does seem that they're using DL's Parade of Dreams for some of the inspiration here.  In the marketing text, at least...  :wink: