Enchanted (2007)

Started by Kristof, January 14, 2006, 11:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peep

Quote from: "doddy13"Wasn't there something like this for Incredibles or am i mistaken

I believe so, although I think it was on Regent Street instead which is kinda connected to Oxford Street. Last year for some annoying reason they had Ice Age and they were quite shoddy, especially compared to this years, there are loads of chandeliers of lights which makes it look amazing.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

The premiere was last night at Hollywood's El Capitan!

Here come the reviews... :?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/enchanted/

92% from 77 reviews, an amazing score! Congrats, Disney! :o  :D

ladyghost

I want to see it soon.
Though I hope they could make more cartoon movies1 sighs!
Ladyghost.

Shadow doesn\'t exist, what you call shadow is the light you can\'t see.

Kristof

Quotecartoon movies1

Animated movies!  Animated!!  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Squeeeeee, I just saw the advert for the film on the TV, it's sooooo good :)

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Squeeeeee, I just saw the advert for the film on the TV, it's sooooo good :)
Same here! Nice promo, sells it well and some new footage too. They're starting the campaign really early for a Dec 14th release!

I keep reading this is for Amy Adams what Mary Poppins was for Julie Andrews... :shock:

Kristof

It had a great opening weekend in the US!

http://www.imdb.com/chart/

Owain

The Advert is great, i saw it on e4 !

Anthony

ABCNews.com is rather happy about Enchanted...

QuoteAudiences fell under the spell of "Enchanted," a fairy-tale romance that debuted as the No. 1 movie and led Hollywood out of its recent box-office doldrums with solid business over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Starring Amy Adams as a cartoon princess exiled to real-world Manhattan by her fiance's wicked stepmother (Susan Sarandon), Disney's "Enchanted" took in $35.3 million over the weekend and $50.05 million since debuting Wednesday, according to studio estimates Sunday.

Sony Screen Gems' family reunion holiday tale "This Christmas," whose ensemble cast includes Delroy Lindo, Regina King, Mekhi Phifer and Idris Elba, opened at No. 2 with $18.6 million for the weekend and $27.1 million since Wednesday.

Hollywood had been in a box-office funk this fall, but the two movies paced the industry to a healthy Thanksgiving, with the top-12 movies pulling in $218.1 million from Wednesday to Sunday, up 6 percent from the holiday period last year.

"That's good for an industry that's been in a downtrend for almost two months," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of box-office tracker Media By Numbers. "Thanksgiving sets the tone for the rest of the year and the holiday season in general. This was a key weekend, and it delivered."

"Enchanted" had the second-best five-day Thanksgiving debut ever, behind the $80.1 million haul of Disney's "Toy Story 2." Disney released all five of the top-grossing movie debuts over Thanksgiving, with "Unbreakable," "A Bug's Life" and "101 Dalmatians" trailing "Toy Story 2" and "Enchanted."

"It's a really good place to launch a movie," said Chuck Viane, head of distribution for Disney. "When you get a movie as strong and well-playing as this, it bodes well for us right through the Christmas holiday."
Hopefully it will now continue to rumble on with good box office until Christmas, like Narnia did... :)

howtodeal

50M is  good  :D  Iam really happy that critics are loving this film.
Apperantly Amy Adams is amazing, i loved this article about her

QuoteAdams, it's already been determined, is a strong contender for the Best Actress race if, for no other reason (and there are plenty of other reasons), she plays a very likable character. Academy voters love it when pretty women "play dumb" or at the very least "street smart," as we've already discussed many times . Adams takes what would ordinarily be an okay part and makes it a great part.  She's alternately sweet, crazy, funny and sad - mostly, you never stop believing she is a princess from an animated movie, which shows she's a skilled actress on top of being charming and charismatic on screen.

The year Julia Roberts was up for Pretty Woman, Kathy Bates (the total anti-Roberts in every possible way) won (and hallelujah to the Academy for getting that one right).

Still, in a relatively weak year, Adams could win the thing.  If an American Idol can win an Oscar these days, a relative newcomer/star is born could easily win, and Adams has already proven her chops in Junebug.  Really, there is no reason to think she can't win, especially if she does two things.  The first - if (when) she wins at the Globes she  fights back the tears or  in any way makes people love her all the more, and the second - if she starts winning all of the critics' early awards for  Best Actress.   Adams has that rare and elusive "star quality" that (if you haven't noticed) has charmed the critics' pants off.  The actors only have to get her nominated; the whole Academy votes for the winner - if a character (an an actress) appeals strongly to BOTH sexes, and in a year with no real competition, it could be Adams.  We are right at the moment where things change week by week but I could see it coming down to Adams vs. Laura Linney for the win.  We'll have to wait and see on that score.  

It's from awardsdaily.com

experiment627

Just got back from seeing the movie... and, please excuse the oh-so-obvious pun, I am truly "enchanted".

Now, I don't know if this film will make it into the pantheon of Disney classics... I actually doubt it - but this doesn't take away from the fact that this movie is so sweet and without any cynism - a rarity these days.

Amy Adams is so wonderful. Honestly - could I have her phone number for Christmas please?
Patrick Dempsey is, well, he's McDreamy... But the true hero of the movie is Pip the Chipmunk. I love this little rodent.

The movie is filled with loving nods to great Disney storytelling. The music is not too memorable, but very fitting. (Especially the ball room song is beautiful...)

This movie is perfect for all those dreamers out there. And for everybody who wants to take his or her family to the movies... or for those on a date. It's just one of those (rare) movies that he get out off feeling so good inside. About life. Love. Magic.

It's a beautiful movie. Go and watch it.

Owain

Just saw the advert for the 5th time tonight !  :P

Love the "Its Grumpy" and the part with the prince and the bike people !

Anthony

Odeon cinemas in the UK have special previews of Enchanted this weekend at 15.30 on both Saturday and Sunday! Where possible, it's also shown in Digital!! Tickets still seem to be available.

Odeon.co.uk

The European websites for the film have also launched.. Is it just me, or do they look a bit... chavvy? It's all that white, gold and pink. Definitely too girly anyway, the US website is much more all-round.

http://www.enchantedthemovie.co.uk

The US website is amazing actually, one of the best flash sites I've seen for years:

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/enchanted/

Patrick

I have seen Enchanted woo :D , all I can say is amazing, the animation may not be up the full standard of the classic disney animated features of years past.  But what there is, definately is a step up from the animation on disney sequels.  The storyline is great and full of twists at every turn, plus is full of nods to the other Disney Classic Princess stories :) .  I won't give much away, but with the great combination of music, live action, animation and a star studded cast, including Julie Andrews, this is the best Disney movie in years :D .

Obviously I will say is a must see this Christmas if you want to see a great movie.

Enchanted definately enchants and I give it 10/10!

Anthony

Hehe, I just got back from seeing one of the previews too! :D

Loved every second... just fabulous! Fabulous!! The animation was so special, the songs were very good (better than expected after hearing the soundtrack, they work great on screen) and Amy Adams... wow. She's just incredible as Giselle, and such a lovely character. Can she come and make a dress from my curtains??

The magic of the film is that it felt so familiar yet entirely new. It's very, very funny too, kept me laughing all the way through -- most importantly, it's not a jab at the Disney classics but more a love letter. I've never been in a cinema screen so full but so entranced by a film.

It suffered in the "third act" a bit I thought... the dragon attack seemed almost unnecessary after everything else, but on the gorgeous animation, clever jokes and amazing performance of Amy Adams...

5 Stars!

I'll be seeing it again in 2 weeks for sure. I can't wait to see where Disney take The Princess and the Frog and Rapunzel after this...

Did you notice... They eat at an Italian restaurant called "Bella Notte"? When Giselle is looking to the aquarium, you can hear Little Mermaid music in the background? :)